“Great find in Luton”
Review of Icon Hotel Luton

Icon Hotel Luton
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed February 14, 2013

One night stay for business. Room was small, but well appointed with flat screen tv, iron and ironing board, safe large enough for laptop, proper hair dryer, walk in shower and most importantly a comfy bed.

No noise meant a good night's sleep too.

Staff are super friendly and professional. Our work group ate dinner in the hotel and the waiter was excellent. We all had the fish and chips and it was fine. Not gourmet food but totally Ok and not over priced.

Breakfast was also fine. Eggs cooked to order and bacon, sausage etc from a buffet. I hate overlooked bacon and theirs was just right. Fresh fruit was regularly replenished and there was nice good quality fruit juice.

For the price I think this place is very good indeed.

One gripe. The music in the bar area (from an automated piano) was too loud and several guests seemed to want it lower. I suppose we should have asked them to turn it down and I am sure they would have done, as the staff are all very pleasant.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacqui R

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went for a reception after a funeral. I can't really comment on the value for money aspects as I did not pay, but I was very upset by how insensitive and rude the staff were towards us. Clearly we had over-stayed our welcome when the staff started moving tables from where we were sitting. A polite request to move, an apology, or an explanation would have sufficed, but no, they just wiped them down and took them from under us! Reading this, you might think it was last orders, but it was actually about 5pm. In fact, throughout the afternoon there was barely a grunt from those pouring coffee (and not even helping/directing you to milk and sugar).

Obviously this was not the most upsetting part of the day by a long shot, but clearly this is not a place that values service and good manners if they can't manage to be polite to a group of mourners!

I really hope the hotel take my points on board, as I would hate to think other people might have to experience such insensitivity at such a sad time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Helen M
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I came for a birthday meal with some friends i am local to luton but have never thought to come here for a meal as i thought that it was only open to residents how wrong could i be!!!! I am alway nervous about eating out as i have a few dietry needs so i asked to speak to the chef and i was introduced to James who was the chef that night and he changed the menu to caterer for my dietry needs. I have eaten in alot of restaurant and not every chef has done that for me. My friends and i were so impressed with this that we cancelled our reservation at another hotel and stayed the night at the Icon. At breakfast i again asked to see the chef and out comes James again all i can same is try his omelettes they are to die for!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Deluxe all the way
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe19511972
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A lovely hotel with a high level of service. Location is superb for business and pleasure. Rooms are spacious and to a good standard. Staff friendly and very helpful. Would definitely recommend dining in the restaurant good value for money and everything made to order. Look forward to my next stay at The Icon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Karl O
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in the immediate erea . Great service and very helpful , very clean and modern accommodation . Advise you try the restaurant it's first class .

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank 1009fireman
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed because of morning flight from the airport. Arrived at about 8.30pm, Staff friendly. To tired to look for a restaurant - big mistake - food is below average for this level of hotel. Chef was barking out orders to the waiting staff instread of concentrating on the cooking.
Breaksfast eggs cooked to order everything else is help yourself to the buffet, cheap bacon covered in white gunge, not sure what's in the sausages but one bite was enough to put anyone off.
The accomodation was probably the best that close to the airport, my advise sleep at the hotel eat elsewhere.
Tip if you are ok with walking through downtown Luton then it is less than 10mins walk from the station or five pounds in taxi

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jdave1
Michael_Bugler, Manager at Icon Hotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Icon Hotel Luton. We genuinely appreciate all feedback as we strive to create the best hotel experience within our category and continue towards our goal of being the best and most recognised hotel in Luton and the whole of Bedfordshire.

We are very proud that we have consistently been ranked the number 1 hotel in Luton on TripAdvisor since May 2012.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall and that our renowned levels of accommodation met your expectations. I am however very sad to learn about your dining experience, which I am investigating currently. Please let me know if you
would like me to contact you with the outcome of my enquiries by emailing me on michael@iconhotelluton.com.

If you’re able to find the time to contact me, I’d be grateful so that I have the opportunity to discuss with you personally any future visits you may have in mind.

In the meantime, I offer no excuses other than to say that this is truly a rare occurrence. Here at the Icon we place great emphasis on how the team are trained. We put our staff members first and by doing this, they automatically put our guests first because of a genuine and sincere ‘love of their job’.

I sincerely hope I will have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Michael Bugler

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Was in Town for business only stayed for one night. One could expect friendly and welcoming staff from front office, housekeeping and bar. Did not have opportunity to sample restaurant, Italian menu I believe. There are quit a few options for dinner on side street from this Hotel, I can't recall the name however walked in Indian restaurant( 2 minutes from Hotel) and had a memorable meal. Rooms are well appointed, nevertheless small.

Would return if in Luton again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank PaulLisbon
Michael_Bugler, Manager at Icon Hotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear PaulLisbon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Icon Hotel Luton. I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable time with us and that you would stay with us again if you visited the area. We are currently ranked the number 1 hotel in Luton and also received a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award earlier in the year. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Kind Regards,