“Return visit”
Review of Icon Hotel Luton

Icon Hotel Luton
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is our second time staying at the Icon and yet again we had a lovely stay. The staff were polite and very helpful with just the right amount of attention. The room was lovely and clean and furnished to a high standard with a comfortable bed, quality linen and the breakfast was hot and tasty. We will be back, hopefully very soon.

Room Tip: We've stayed in both their classic and executive rooms, both good. The difference was only reall...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew796S
Michael_Bugler, Manager at Icon Hotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Andrew796S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Icon Hotel Luton. I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable time with us and our staff made you feel comfortable in our stylish urban retreat. I have passed your comments onto the team and I was glad to hear you have experienced our consistency of excellent service. Our personalised service sets us apart from the chain hotels and we treat every guest as an individual. As a result we are currently ranked the number 1 hotel in Luton and also received a Tip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award earlier in the year. I hope you had an excellent onward journey and it would be my pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

our 3rd stay at the icon en route to luton airport was again fine although every time we stay we have a problem with the key car but the frendley young man from the bar sorted out for us,this time the mattress seemed very hard so woke with a stiff neck,still a nice hotel with good staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnbrum

Dear JohnBrum,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Icon Hotel Luton. Our personalised service sets us apart from the chain hotels and we treat every guest as an individual. As a result we are currently ranked the number 1 hotel in Luton and also received a Tip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award earlier in the year. I hope you had an excellent onward journey and it would be my pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and staff. Limited parking places but free if available. Good amenities nearby. Comfy beds with nice quiet rooms. Red Chilli restaurant 1 minute away in my top 3 restaurants of all time. Would be my first stop even if travelling miles away. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank DigglerB

Dear DigglerB,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I arrived directly from Luton airport to continue my work day connected to the world through the internet. It w was a cold and rainy day, I parked my rental car a block away from the Icon Hotel, which is located near a flyover in downtown Luton. My first observation was that I did not feel entirely safe. Once I entered the Hotel my mood changed as I was received by a warm reception staff who were slightly taken by surprised by my early arrival, but immediately clarified that I could enter my room. The reception staff actually carried my bags to the room and showed me everything. I was able to park my car on a staff parking place next to the entrance of the Hotel without having to ask for it. The hotel room was very clean and had all the amenities except a mini bar. The heating was either too hot or too cold it was difficult to find a balance. WLAN was available in the room free of charge, but the speed was insufficient to skype.

So all in all, some highlights and some low lights. In the end the Icon served the purpose, but needs to improve on heating and WLAN to get a better rating.

1  Thank vanBommel1
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the Icon on Christmas night 2012. The Hotel was spotlessly clean and the furnishings in the rooms were high quality and tasteful. The staff were also very friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family. A very nice Hotel to stay if flying from the airport

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann B

Dear Ann B,

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our Theatre Department at Luton and Dunstable hospital had a christmas party last December 22, 2012. All of my co-workers were really happy and satisfied on the service and how they were greeted when they came in the hotel. All of your employees, especially those who are on duty on the said date (evening shift) always wear a smile on their face eventhough they are tired. I speak in behalf of them that they will be recommending ICON HOTEL to their friends and families. Our theatre manager even said that next year we will be holding our party their. Rooms that we've checked in are wonderful. Very nice.
I will recommend as well your hotel and tell them about our experience there.

God bless you and your company.

Regards,

Ruel Martin Lonzanida

Room Tip: Anyone who is planning to visit Luton..Better chose Icon Hotel. All rooms are great.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Wouldn't say this was the best Christmas Lunch I've had, brussel sprouts and potatoes like bullets! Apart from that the staff were friendly and atmosphere good. The restaurant area was clean and tidy and efficient service, but shame about the meal.

1  Thank Jennie J