“Opulant experience but disappointing for the price”
Review of Wernher Restaurant

Wernher Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wernher Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 313 Restaurants in Luton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled inside a five-star hotel surrounded by acres of parkland, the Wernher Restaurant offers a spectacular setting for every-day dinners and special occasions alike. Named after one of Luton Hoo���s most distinguished former owners, the dining room features marble panelwork, opulent fabrics and sparkling chandeliers that wouldn���t look out of place in the Palace of Versailles. The restaurant was recently awarded two AA Rosettes and has been praised for its creative use of local, seasonal produce. Head Chef Kevin Clark specialises in modern British dishes like Dover sole with sauce grenobloise; roast breast of guinea fowl with sweet potato gnocchi; and fillet of beef with beetroot dauphinoise. With exquisite food and flawless service as standard, the Wernher offers an unforgettable dining experience.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Opulant experience but disappointing for the price”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I took my wife here for her birthday treat. In terms of experience it hit the spot. However I felt the quality and quantity of the food did not match the price tag. I have had far better for far less elsewhere. I found the portion sizes to be very small - I know this place is about the experience etc but I was not satisfied after the meal. I found the deserts to be very disappointing, quite un-imaginitive and boring. Service was smart and elegant but not spot on. Once we had paid the bill we were pretty much left alone. When we left no one helped my wife with her jacket, opened any doors nor said good bye ot thank you.

• Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“Most elaborate, palatial restaurant we've ever dined in.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

all of the food was excellent, with plentiful portions and variety. The crowning glory was the dessert cart - fully 15-20 delicious selections from which to choose made it very hard to make up one's mind. Ah, what memories that made!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank WildWilliam
england
“Great place and lovely food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went here for a special family occasion. It was lovely - beautiful setting, attentive staff and great food, but can be expensive.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“The perfect way to celebrate a special occasion!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A truly stunning restaurant within the main house, fantastic setting and sublime menu's. I asked for a window table as it was my Girlfriends 30th birthday when booking, and my request was honoured - what a view over the grounds!

We were treated to canapés, and two taster dishes between courses which were of perfect size and not too filling. My Girlfriend is quite particular with dishes, but the Casterbridge Beef was arguably the best fillet she has ever had and was a true delight! The chocolate sharing dessert was to die for if you are a chocolate lover and highly recommended!

The finishing touch was when we retired to the lounge for coffee and to relax, they brought over a plate which had “Happy Birthday” hand wrote in chocolate (I had not asked for this either!) it was the perfect way to finish off the evening.

Staff were attentive and we also received two complimentary glasses of Champagne as it was a special occasion. All in it was a fantastic experience and have only great things to say about the evening!
Will definitely recommend the Wernher Restaurant to anyone!

• Visited September 2012
London
“beautiful menu and restaurant”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A beautifully appointed restaurant and bar area. Menu had some beautiful choices, even for a vegetarian like me, I couldn't decide between two dishes!! Neither my husband could decide on a dessert so we chose the chocolate sharing pud. 7 different ways with chocolate! Bliss!!

Visited August 2012