“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jay Raj Indian Cuisine

Jay Raj Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Jay Raj Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 301 Restaurants in Luton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice food and pleasant staff, Sunday buffet is good value although as usual with buffets the level of heat is kept down to avoid offending those with palates that cannot handle too much spice.

• Turkish first
“Very good Indian food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Haven't been there in well over a year. Do have them for a take away nearly once or twice a month, the food is great.

Luton United Kingdom
“great responce.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a problem with home delivery, the Lamb element was very tough. Rang the following evening and was put through to a sinor manager, who listened to my comments, and without hesitation he said let me fix that for you. He then said I would like to make that right for you if possible, I was not expecting such a firm & positive response. I accepted his offer to restore my option of his restaurant, 30 minutes latter answered the door and it was as he said it would be.
How great.
Thank you Jay Raj.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Luton, United Kingdom
“Poor choice for Sunday buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Ok I know I have been spoiled over the years by eating at the Baltistan, which is just a mile away from the Jay Raj but I thought I needed a change so this is a comparison between the two for the Sunday Buffet.

First the Baltistan is open from 12 noon to 12 midnight while the Jay Rag is from 5pm until 10:30.

Poppadoms

At the Baltistan you get an unlimited supply of poppadoms and a wide selection of chutneys and dips while at the Jay Raj poppadoms appear to be not included in the price of the buffet as we were asked if we wanted any when we ordered our drinks.

The buffet.

I have to say I was very disappointed but not in the quality of the food but the poor selection. Starters consisted of Chicken Tikka and what looked like slices if potato fried possibly in ghee.

For the main course there were only 3 meat dishes which consisted of Chicken Korma, Chicken Tikka Missalla and what I think was Lamb Dupiaza. There were 2 rice dishes and I think 2 vegetable side dishes. A nan was brought to the table.

My three star rating might be down to the fact that I don’t like Korma, Chicken Tikka Missalla is a bland dish and I prefer Chicken to lamb so I was left unimpressed.

On the other hand the Baltistan has a large selection of dishes so yes I admit it I have been spoiled.

At the end of the meal we were offered a complementary liquor which is the same as the Baltistan.

The staff were attentive but the waiter we mainly dealt with was very hard to understand and really I only caught on to around a third of what he was saying as he had issues speaking English.

Cost

At the time of writing both the Jay Raj and The Baltistan charge £8.95 for the buffet.

So in conclusion for a Sunday Buffet we won’t be back and will return to our old favourite down the road.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bedfordshire
“Local Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

A nice indian restaurant in the local village and always busy - a good sign. Also do a take away service

Visited May 2012