“Bed &window!!!”

easyHotel Luton
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The easy hotel luton
is clean ,good service,i rooms are very sparce with nothing to encourage a multi-night stay ,but for a traveller only wanting a bed,perfect.No wardrobe,just a couple of hooks,the shower pod was straight from a French motel .The staff were polite and efficient.The student halls at the back were fine ,with only a few raised voices outside at closing time.

• Stayed: April 2013
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the easyHotel Luton.

I am please to read you the hotel met your requirements and look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

After reading some reviews I was expecting a dreadful stay, so was very pleasantly surprised when I found a small, basic, but very clean room, even containing shower/hair wash and hand wash in the bathroom which I wasn't expecting (although as a girl with long hair I wouldn't choose to wash my hair with this). It was a small room, and we opted to save money and have one without a window, but there was room at the bottom of the bed for our 2 large bags and a coathook and a giant clothes hanger attached to the wall, to hang our clothes (only room for what we were both wearing though), so don't think that there will be a wardrobe sized environment. It was perfect for what we needed, a clean and comfortable place to crash for the night before an early start at Luton airport. The bathroom was its own pod within the room, and again was very clean. We weren't disturbed by noise through the night, and stayed in room 109 opposite the doorway from the lifts/stairs, so maybe we were lucky, but for us it was fine. We didn't want or need to use the television, so can't comment on that. Only improvement for us would have been for free wifi. Expect basic and you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ArfatQayyumGM, Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you were happy with your stay and look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was looking for an affordable hotel near Luton Airport as I only needed a bed for 4 hours before my flight back home at 7 in the morning. Not a very positive experience at all. I knew it was going to be a very small room, didn´t expect it to be that tiny though, not even a chair to sit on or to put a bag on.

But the size wasn´t the main problem. First I was welcomed by a nice turd in the loo, probably from the person that had stayed in the room before me. Unfortunately the horrible smell that came from the toilet cabin didn´t clear after flushing and stayed with me all night. Apart from the smell the bathroom wasn´t the cleanest either. I was disgusted and would have never taken a shower in there. The bed was ok but the sheets were so thin, had to sleep in my clothes and scarf not to freeze´cause there was no way of turning the air condition off in the room.

Anyway, £35 for the night + £15 for early check-in + £18 taxi fares from and to the airport doesn´t really make it a bargain and I could have stayed in a much more comfortable hotel closer to the airport for that price which I will definitely do next time. Won´t book EasyHotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank LadyClifftastic
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am rather concerned regarding your comments on the cleanliness of the bathroom and other issues that you encountered.

Please feel free to contact me (gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk) so that I may address any issues that you experienced.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience incurred by yourself and would like to reassure you that these are not our normal practices - I will look into the comments you have made.

Arfat Qayyum

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Unfortunately we were here for three days, as we could not cancel after booking. The " hotel " room was like an inferno, even after my partner went down stairs to reception about six time over the course of three days to ask for the ac to be turned off as the heat was unbearable. On top of that we also asked every time we came back from town for it to be turned off. The room was minuscule, nowhere to put clothes, no shelves other than a coat hook. One of the sockets in our room did not work. The walls are made of plastic! Ours included stains across the ceiling. £5 deposit for remote, for about four channels and £10 for deposit of hair dryer which you do get back but is a little ridiculous. If you would like your room cleaned during your stay there is also a cost of £10 per day. No kettle in room, only coffee and tea vending downstairs but reception had no change available for machine. I'm sorry to say that I would not stay here again, as it is more of a hostel than a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to read that you found issues regarding the room temperature etc during your stay and would be grateful if you could contact me to further discuss the issues you encountered. My email address is gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk.

We have listened to our guest feedback and no longer charge for the use of an iron or hairdryer. We also provide extra towels if need free of charge. We also provide fans free of charge for guest use should they require.

I would like to apologize for your poor experience and look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Okay, so to start off with - for £35 a night I was expecting EasyHotel to be basic. I only needed a bed for 6 hours between flights, hence why I opted for this basic, cheap hotel.

To be fair - my experience was generally okay, but the safety of this hotel or lack thereof really put me off and I feel obliged to share this with fellow travellers. My bed was comfortable, the sheets appeared to be clean and the person who checked me in was polite. However, there were a few issues that would stop me from using this budget hotel again.

1. Cleanliness of the bathrooms - I found some hair in my shower plug which regardless of anyone's standard of cleanliness is unacceptable in a hotel. The toilet seat in my bathroom was broken and left lying beside the toilet. The shower curtain was pink/brown along the edges and there were patches of mould on it.

2. Lack of basics - you are expected to pay £5 to use the television in your room, you had to go to reception to purchase the rental of a hairdryer. No toilet paper is provided in the bathroom. I personally feel you should be made aware of this so that you can bring your own things instead of paying these ‘add on’ charges.

3. Safety - I felt incredibly unsafe whilst in this hotel. Firstly, when I checked in there was a group of young men hanging in the reception. These appeared to be friends of the person working on reception, however, their general demeanour and attitude seemed hostile. I personally don't think it's appropriate to bring your gang of friends to work with you and as a young woman I felt intimidated by their presence. Secondly, the noise in the hallway during the course of the night was very rowdy. People were drinking in the corridors as well as running up and down them. There didn’t seem to be any form of security in the hotel whatsoever and at no point did anyone from reception come and ask said rowdy guests to calm down or remain in their rooms.

4. Checking out – I checked out at 4.10am in order to catch an early flight whilst a very aggressive drunk couple tried to check in. The person on reception at this time looked terrified as did I when trying to check the couple in for the night. The couple had no prior booking and behaved well and above normal levels of aggression towards the person on reception and then began to question me whilst I waited patiently to check out. Why you only have one person on reception at this time of night and certainly in this area really beggars belief.

5. ‘Taxi deals’ for £7 – it’s quite obvious that the hotel’s recommended taxi service is nothing but an absolute swindle. The taxi picks you up takes you to the airport and charges you double of what’s on the running meter – this is illegal and it’s quite obvious that in some way the reception staff are benefiting from the recommendation. Do not use the taxi, call someone yourself!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 188RachelM188
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at the easyHotel Luton.

I am disappointed to find that there were some maintenance & cleanliness issues with your bathroom. Whilst we do have a routine maintenance & repair program in place, there may be times when some additional basic maintenance is required. We do try to keep on top of this so apologies for your inconvenience. Shower curtains are washed & replaced regularly and will look into your comments regarding mold on the shower curtain.

Since March 2013, we now offer free TV to all guests. The £5 charge is a REFUNDABLE deposit for the remote control. We have listened to our guests feedback & now also do not charge for the use of an iron, hairdryer or for extra towels. Toilet paper is free of charge and should be in ALL bathrooms.

With regards to your comments regarding the level of noise, whilst we do aim to ensure the comfort of all guests, the hotel can be a little noisier at weekends for which I apologies.

Finally, the cost of a taxi to the airport has increased to £7.50. This is due to Luton airport now charging taxis £2 for dropping customers off at the drop off point at the airport. The hotel does not profit from guests taxis.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The only thing constructive ,helpful,appreciated ,professional about that place was the staff who were wiling and giving all they could to demonstrate good people skill and extra effort other then the strength in staff and general care the facility's infrastructure is poor and the entire place isn't functioning in every technical area.
The ac are collectively one unit
The heat comes and goes
The standards are lower then some backpacker youth hostels around .

• Stayed: March 2013
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear guest,

Whilst I am pleased to read that you were happy with the level of service from the staff, I am concerned at your comments regarding the hotels 'poor infrastructure'.

I would be grateful if you could contact me to discuss any issues that you may have had.

My email address is gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Basic but comfortable, although the room was on the small side. Clean, though, with fresh bedding and towel for the one night I spent there. Not bad shower either. Free tea can be got from the machine near reception.
The location is handy for trains, coaches, buses, pubs and shopping, but is not exactly the most picturesque ! It is also a bit noisy at night, as people come and go along the busy junction. If there are rooms at the back, I would recommend asking for them.
The only real criticism is that the staff didn't seem to know much about the coach schedules, which was important because there were a lot of changes due to building work going on at the train station. I still don't know where to catch the National Express coach to the airport at 5.30am !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Finny333

Dear Guest,

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel value for money.

We have recently made some changes & we now offer free TV to our guests. This is as well as not charging for extra towels or the use of a hairdryer or Iron.

As you have rightly mentioned, there is much construction work taking place in the town centre and as a result there are many temporary bus stops in place. We have however asked the local bus company to keep us upto date regarding any changes so that we can pass this information onto our guests.The National Express can be caught from the bus stop outside the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.