“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of easyHotel Luton

and 1 more site!
easyHotel Luton
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Luton
London, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Basic but comfortable, although the room was on the small side. Clean, though, with fresh bedding and towel for the one night I spent there. Not bad shower either. Free tea can be got from the machine near reception.
The location is handy for trains, coaches, buses, pubs and shopping, but is not exactly the most picturesque ! It is also a bit noisy at night, as people come and go along the busy junction. If there are rooms at the back, I would recommend asking for them.
The only real criticism is that the staff didn't seem to know much about the coach schedules, which was important because there were a lot of changes due to building work going on at the train station. I still don't know where to catch the National Express coach to the airport at 5.30am !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Finny333
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the easyHotel Luton.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel value for money.

We have recently made some changes & we now offer free TV to our guests. This is as well as not charging for extra towels or the use of a hairdryer or Iron.

As you have rightly mentioned, there is much construction work taking place in the town centre and as a result there are many temporary bus stops in place. We have however asked the local bus company to keep us upto date regarding any changes so that we can pass this information onto our guests.The National Express can be caught from the bus stop outside the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Arfat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed in easy hotel Luton on 19th February for a research visit. The female receptionist was polite and friendly (even to the very rude woman in front of me!) and handed my key for my room, along with a TV remote (for an extra £5).
Hotel room was quite small with an en-suite room, was clean and comfortable. It is basic, but really is ideal if you just want somewhere comfortable to have a shower and rest your head for the night. I have read prior comments which have described various problems with the room, none of which I encountered. The room temperature was fine for me (everyone is different, so what is nicely warm for some, might be stiffling to another), staff kind and it was relatively quiet through the night.

I did enjoy using the little orange en-suite shower pod - very quirky! Shower was great, with plenty of hot water.

There was also vending machines outside my door, with everything from drinks and snacks, to razors and toothbrushes.

The location is perfect too. After a long day on my feet in London, I was very happy not to walk too far after I got off the train from Luton - it was a stone's throw away. Same goes for the shopping mall.

There are a couple of things I would liked improved, however. The toilet seat was loose in my room (wasn't really a problem). After paying for the TV, the channels seem quite limited , so I don't think I will bother next time...and one thing that was a little upsetting was on the duvet (underneath the sheet covers) was a hair that was defiantly not mine! Perhaps the cleaning staff might be able to get this next time? It probably doesn't do any harm, just slightly off putting.

All in all, I would stay here again if I was back in the Luton area, and would recommend if you want smewhere warm, dry and clean to shower and sleep. Would be great for early morning flights. If you have very high expectations, prepare to pay the extra for another hotel.

Room Tip: Save money and get a room without a window...and give the TV a miss.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DLouise_13
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear guest,

I'm happy to read that you found the hotel good value for money.

We do aim to ensure all rooms are 100% functional - all of the time so I welcome your comments regarding the toilet seat. I will also pass on your comments to our housekeeping team to ensure that they double check for hairs and such like.

On a final note, we will not be charging our guests for the use of the TV in the coming weeks so watch this space...

Huddersfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

No space but adequate rooms confined but bed was comfortable, it's clean and warm the only let down was people coming in singing or shouting and a shower that really was not worth getting in. Staff very pleasant and in general a clean place no parking though.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven A
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you found the beds comfortable and the rooms clean.

As you correctly pointed out, we do not have our own car park. But due to the City Centre location of the hotel, we are less then a minutes walk from the Bute street car park and shopping Mall car park both of which offer free parking between 6pm & 8am.

I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are kinda like cruises ship cabins but not as glamorous. They need bedside tables & a chair atleast. I've stayed here three times for convenience. Its right in the middle of town. You only get one towel & one pillow but they give us more if u ask. Its what u expect for £25. However on all three times I've stayed here the rooms have been boiling in the morning, not great with a hangover. Lift wasn't working either. Vending machine in stairwell is cheap £1.50 for orange juice. You have to pay extra for tv & checkout is 10am. Good for the price. I would rate this at 2 star

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank arthur088
HaninderSachdevaGM, Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you are a returning customer & enjoyed your stay whilst finding us excellent value for money.

I am pleased to say that the lift is now fully operational & that from 1st Feb 2013 we will be giving free TV.

I have noted your comments regarding the temperature of the room & will monitor the situation.

I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

What are you expecting from a easy hotel, somewhere to rest your head and wash your skin. I would say dont get there too early otherwise you might have to hire the remote for the tv cause your bored if you havent got your own gadgets. Plus what are you looking out the window for your going to sleeping, so dont have one and save yourself a few quid lol plus you sleep better in the dark..........I would use this again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel excellent value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The room is basic that is what you expect , what you don't expect is to be kept awake all night by people making so much noise within the hotel.
The rooms are made so cheap that you hear every creak from your own room and every other room around you.
They need to invest in new windows as you are kept awake all night by the students all around drunk on the streets.
So if you have travelled and are looking for somewhere to have a peaceful rest do not use this place.

Room Tip: If you choose hotels ensure you have a room away from the Main Street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear guest,

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise coming from the street.

We do try to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable & the reception team may have been able to move you to a quieter room on request.

As a listed building, we are restricted with what we can do but we have ensured that all window are double glazed to reduce any noise from outside.

I thank you for your comments & look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

Arfat

Travelers are raving about these Luton hotels

Staffs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have read some of the reviews about this hotel and would like to comment. It does what it says on the tin - It's cheap and a bed for the night. I often fly from Luton and have stayed here numerous times. If you book a few days ahead the price is 25 GBP - This is the cheapest price I have found in Luton. The rooms are small but very quiet and clean. The location is very good and close to shops / bars and the transport network. The journey to the airport only takes about 10 minutes and you can get a discounted taxi if you book through the hotel. I personally have found the staff friendly and have not experienced any rudeness.

I think most people use the hotel for just a night before travelling on from Luton airport. The place is fine for this purpose. If you want somewhere to get a good nights sleep before an early morning flight then book (I have always found it quiet). If you want five star luxury then stay somewhere else but be prepared to pay the difference.

Would I stay here again ? Yes I am booked in this week and will no doubt return again. I know what to expect and it suits me fine.

As I say it does what it says on the tin.

Best,
Paul

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paulhawtin
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel Luton, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the easyHotel Luton.

As you quite rightly mentioned in your review, we are an excellent value for money hotel in close proximity of Luton airport, shopping mall & university.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.