“Pleasant stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Luton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A pleasant hotel for a business stay. Ample free parking and wifi. Helpful staff. A little isolated so you need a car. Bar area a little small for the number of guests in the hotel. Nice food with rapid service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Staffs18

Thank you for taking the time to post a postive review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to benefit from our complimentary parking and Wi-Fi. It’s also great to read you found the Team to be helpful and that you enjoyed our food and service.

Thank you for your comments regarding our bar area, we value all guest feedback so thank you for providing us with yours.

Thanks again for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of our hotel and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Luton North

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

19th April 2013.We my wife&i enjoyed our one night stay as we had to get early flight the next day from Luton airport to Palma Nova.Mr&Mrs Lee from Spalding Lincolnshire.We would give it 10 out of 10 as we could not find any faults a big thanks to all the management&staff associated with The Hilton Garden Inn:-)

• Stayed: April 2013
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs Lee (Funkyfringe)

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review, I am delighted to read you had such a lovely stay with us and we are so thankful to receive a 10 out of 10.

You are more than welcome Mr and Mrs Lee, the team and I found it a pleasure to make your stay an enjoyable one so thank you again for taking the time to post this review and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit through Luton.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn North in Luton as we were in town for a friend's wedding. I couldn't fault the hotel. All the staff were friendly and it was really helpful that they allowed us to check in at 1pm instead of 3pm - as the wedding was at 2pm.

The room was lovely and the bed was just right. The buffet breakfast in the morning was lovely too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Hannah R

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the team, it’s great to read that they were friendly and helpful and I am pleased we were able to be flexible on this day and allow you to check in earlier so that you had time to get ready for your friend’s wedding.

I’m delighted to read you had a comfortable night in our Garden Inn Sleep System bed and that you enjoyed our full English breakfast the following day.

I am so pleased you had a great stay with us Hannah and I do hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding. Thank you once again for your lovely comments and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good location as we had an early flight from Luton, an easy 10 minute drive. We did not use the long term parking here as we got a good deal at the airport. Neither we did have breakfast as we were checked out before 6 am. There is a shop / pantry facility but it is expensive.

The hotel was great value [booked and paid in advance - no changes / refunds], and the rooms are pleasant, with free wifi. The adjustable bed would appear to be a gimmick, as I could not make out any difference between full on hard or soft! Our room had a connecting door with next door, and we had some noise issues, with other guests arriving late, and next door's alarm clock going off before ours. We were three adults, so had three beds made up and there was still plenty of room - but if you make beds up for three is it too much to ask for 3 cups [for tea/coffee] and 3 glasses in bathroom. I know that hotel will reply that we could have asked for these, but should we have to ask?

We also ate in the restaurant, and we were starving after leaving home at 1pm, and restaurant not opening until 7pm - we made sure that we were first in the door. Several other tables followed, but we were suprised when a table near us which arrived 15 minutes after us got their meal very quickly while we were still waiting. We then noticed the waitress bring our order up on a nearby computer screen, so we assume that there had been a mistake on our order, but nothing was said. Later on, the the same table were bought plates of profiteroles for dessert, but these were not available on the dessert menus which we were offered? Perhaps there is a special meal deal menu?

The meal was adequate, and not over priced and it appeared that you could have the same menu on room service at the same price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Gorby321,

Thank you for uploading your review following your recent stay, I am glad to read that you found the hotel comfortable and functional and ideal for your flight from Luton airport and were able to benefit from one of our great value advance purchase deals. I have passed your feedback regarding the in room amenities to my housekeeping team so that they can be more proactive with this in the future.

For those leaving early, we are able to provide a take away breakfast should you wish to have a snack on your way. Meals and snacks are available throughout the day in our Pavillion Lounge area for those that would prefer to eat earlier. I am unable to explain why others may have been served first without the specific details but will share your feedback with the team to avoid such issues in future and I apologise for any frustration this caused you.

I am sorry to hear that you did not feel the benefits of the Garden Inn Sleep System bed as these are a brand icon for us and are renowned for providing a great night’s sleep. If you would like to e mail me directly I can have my maintenance team check the room you stayed in, in case of a defect. Stacey.boast@hilton.com

I hope that your future travel plans will bring you back to Luton and that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back, possibly on one of our park and fly packages.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Where do I start!! Check inn.... speedy, Staff... fabulously helpful, smiley and kind, Room...clean, spacious, everything one would want/need in there, shower is to die for, beds clean and very very comfortable, especially as you can adjust them yourself!. Bar area.... we went down to eat, we had pizza, garlic bread and wedges between us and our daughter had the childrens sausage and mash followed by the american cheesecake.... absolutely beautiful, large portions, lovely and hot and fresh, and very reasonably priced. And so for that matter were the drinks :) Again lovely friendly happy staff. A lovely sleep was needed and had by all three of us. Breakfast.... well it took15 minutes to actually choose what we wanted there was so much to choose from, and it was lovely, hot and fresh The restaurant was spacious so that you didn't have to listen to other people conversations, it was clean, no bits of old sausage left anywhere... and again all the staff happy and friendly.... come to think of it, so were all the other guest we spoke to in there.... it seems happy and friendly staff rub off on guests. All in all a perfect, happy, clean luxurious stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear RaineP04

Thank you so much for posting such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read this review as it is lovely to know what a wonderful stay you had here, from start to finish I am so pleased we were able to provide you and your family with everything you needed for a relaxing and enjoyable time away from home.

It is great that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us such as our clean, spacious bedrooms to our large bathrooms and our friendly team. It’s also great to read that you had a comfortable nights rest in our Garden Inn Sleep System Beds after you were able to adjust the mattress to your liking.

I am also pleased you enjoyed all aspects of our catering such as the large choice of our breakfast items in our spacious restaurant to the food quality and choice in our bar and lounge area.

Once again RaineP04, thank you so much for taking the time to write this fabulous review of our hotel and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here on business as part of a group. The hotel is modern, functional and soulless like many others. The check in was slow at an understaffed desk - 6pm and one person on duty. The rooms are modern, clean and the bed was comfortable and the pillows good - not the usual brick in a pillow case, so good marks there. It was woefully let down by its food. We had a restricted menu and had ordered in advance. My 'Greek salad' was a tired offering of rocket with a few olives and a scraping of feta. My chicken main course looked to have been cooked for a very long time and kept warm complete with its bed of wilted salad (rocket again) and a scattering of dry looking cashew nuts. The meat was dry and devoid of taste. The dessert - a cheesecake - was OK but certainly a frozen offering that had been defrosted. If the food had been remotely edible, this would have gone down as a good place to stay near the airport. The standard menu may be better - breakfast was OK - I don't do cooked breakfast although colleagues said it was fine. The front desk took notes for the kitchen after my response to the 'Have you enjoyed your stay?' question - whether they ever reached the kitchen is something I can only speculate about. Conclusion - stay here , it's fine - eat elsewhere!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Westyorkshireman_10

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you would stay with us again in the future.

I am however sorry to read you were dissatisfied with your dinner experiences during your recent stay with us and I can only apologise for failing to deliver the standard of service we pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Garden Inn, I would also like to assure you that this was certainly not exemplary of our usual standard. Leonie did pass on your feedback to me and I have since spoken in depth with the kitchen team and our Food and Beverage Manager to identify where improvements are needed.

Your feedback is important to me and I appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments. Westyorkshireman_10, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations in this area of your stay however I do hope that you and your colleagues enjoyed the rest of your time here and hope we are able to welcome you back to The Hilton Garden Inn in the very near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and myself stayed at the Hilton Garden at the beginning of February for three days/nights as were in between flights. We'd never stayed there before and didn't really know what to expect. However, we were taken aback by all the features it had and the extremely high quality of it services and staff. Free wifi throughout, excellent choice and quality of breakfast menu. Choice of snacks throughout the day was extensive and portions huge. Same with evening meal and all were served up in an extremely decorative way. Top marks to the chefs for their flavoursome meals. There was even a free washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facility available which was extremely handy for us as had just come back from a month in Egypt before going to The Algarve for two months and this meant that I was able to get everything washed and ironed before flying off once more. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and each and everyone always had a smile on their face. Our room was a good size, well sound proofed and had a very comfortable bed which you could alter depending on how firm you wanted the mattress. It even had a gym, a microwave if you preferred doing your own thing and numerous other quality facilities. Would I use this hotel again - MOST DEFINITELY, in fact, I have already booked it for our next trip next in December! Would I recommend this hotel - certainly. It might be classed as 3* but the service, hospitality and staff all warrant a 5* status. Taxi to the airport was £10 which I suppose is about right for this day and age.

Room Tip: I am sure all of the rooms would have been of equal quality and standard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ScorpioTrish

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us.

I was absolutely delighted to read this review as it is lovely to know what a fantastic stay you had here, particularly as this was a break in between two amazing holidays. We certainly had a lot to live up to and by the sounds of it, I think we did.

It is great that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that you was able to experience our brand to the full with the unique services we offer such as our complimentary Wi-Fi, washing and drying facilities and our customer kitchen facilities.

I am also pleased to read you enjoyed all aspects of our catering such as the quality of our breakfast t items, the flavoursome meals and portion sizes, I will certainly pass this kind feedback onto the Chef who will be delighted to hear this.

We can’t thank you enough for being a loyal customer by booking with us in December, it will certainly be an absolute pleasure to welcome you and your husband back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Once again ScorpioTrish, thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review of our hotel and I will look forward to seeing you very soon.