“Very good, great facilities”

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Luton
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Yorks
“Very good, great facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel has ample parking, is easy to find and a short walk from some shops/takeaways and public transport. Our room was spacious and comfortable, well equipped with decent toiletries and, for a really nice change, plenty of tea/coffee supplies. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.

It seems the hotel has been designed to consider visitors who stay in a hotel for several nights on business, perhaps those who go home for the weekends (it's right on the edge of Butterfield business park). There is a reasonable size fridge in the room that's for your use, also a microwave room and a laundry room for guests plus there's a 24hr shop in reception that sells toiletries, drinks, some micro meals and snacks plus newspapers. Very well done!

The bed is adjustable but...I like a soft bed and I just couldn't get this bed soft enough. At it's softest it was still medium, but that's a significant improvement on most hotel beds for me! In reception there are demonstration dials to show how you work the bed, your only challenge is finding these dials once you're in your room! (head of the bed, down the side of the mattress, hidden by the sheet and a thick flap of fabric) There were repeated instructions on how to turn the dial - on the bed, in reception, in the room's info pack - but nothing about how to find the dial in the first place. Perhaps it's an initiative test, but I failed and called reception!

Breakfast was delicious with a wide range of dishes - breads, cereals, fruit, cheeses, meats, most 'full english' items except tomatoes. They also cook some items to order (do try the omelette, well worth it) or you can make yourself some waffles!

Staff were courteous and helpful throughout. Being picky, I can only criticise 2 things - I like a face cloth, which was provided in the room on arrival but the cleaner took that cloth (despite me not putting it on the floor to indicate it needed changing..) and then didn't replace it. The 2nd thing is the room information pack is sadly lacking. Why not mention WHERE the bed dial is? Why list Luton's shopping facilities last? Why wasn't there a list of phone charges?

However, we had a good stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EastYorksBluebird
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear EastYorksBluebird

Thank you for taking the time to post such an honest comprehensive review of your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your great comments regarding all of our facilities and services such as our Pavilion pantry, microwave room, laundry room and the benefit of our free car parking. Not forgetting our complimentary Wi-Fi.

I am delighted you were able to test our Garden Sleep System bed, unique to our brand and I am so pleased you found it comfortable compared to other hotel beds. It’s also great to hear you enjoyed our Full English breakfast buffet and that you had the opportunity to try our signature waffles, they really are delicious.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your face cloth that was taken away by our Housekeeping team and not replaced, I will be sure to speak with them with regards to being more attentive in the future. I also appreciate your further feedback regarding the instructions for the whereabouts of the dial, the phone charges and shopping facilities list.

I would like to assure you that I take all guest feedback extremely seriously as we use it to constructively drive for improvements. Your feedback is important to me and I appreciate you taking the time to send us such constructive comments.

I am delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be back to visit us again.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide me with your honest feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Stacey Boast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Definitely recommend this hotel, reception staff friendly polite and helpful waiters good memory, great service, rooms comfortable, loved the ice machine in the hallway and the laundry and microwave room, nice touch. Free chocolate cookies on reception were tasty too! I actually arrived at Luton and after clearing security realised I had left my charm bracelet in the room. I rang hotel and the male receptionist was extremely helpful, he rang me back within 10mins to say he had found it and would lock it in the safe for me. All what a hotel should be

Room Tip: If you want to use laundry room, washers and dryers or microwave ask for a room close by
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank oubliante
Dear oubliante

Thank you so much for your wonderful post regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read you would definitely recommend our hotel to your friends and family, it sounds like you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and really benefitted from all of our brand products such as our laundry room, microwave room and ice machine.

It’s also great that you were impressed by our complimentary cookies available at reception; we like to provide a warm and friendly service to all our guests so I am pleased you enjoyed a good service from our team, especially from Sam who was able to immediately place your belongings in a safe and secure place until you returned. I will be sure to pass on your great feedback to the team.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Breakfast is excellent - very good choice. Room service was reasonable, with good quality food, although some things better than others - very nice salads and wraps/sandwiches.

There's also a small pantry on site for any essentials or snacks which is convenient.

The rooms are large with a nice TV and a sofa. Bathrooms are modern. I had a good night's sleep generally...although had to turn off the aircon as this is just really loud, and could also hear some outside noise (eg people talking in carpark late evening) despite being in a quiet location.

The gym is well equipped although some of the machines have faults - e.g. one of the cross trainers makes a loud clicking noise? However better than most hotel gyms.

Parking is included with the room which was great, as there are other hotels in the area which charge extra.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Check-in/out was very quick and efficient. I've stayed in other hotels in the area, and in my opinion this is easily the best for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sarah R

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read you had such a good time here and that you found us to be one of the best business hotels in Luton. It’s also great to read that you enjoyed some of our brand benefits such as our 24hr Pantry offering Micro-Meals, light snacks and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

I am delighted you were able to test our Garden Sleep System bed, unique to our brand and I am so pleased you found it comfortable after you adjusted the ‘hardness’ to your liking. It’s also great to hear you enjoyed our Full English Breakfast Buffet and that you were able to check out with no problems.

Thank you for making me aware of the loud clicking noise on the cross trainer in the gym, I will be sure to have our Maintenance Manager take a look at this.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here the night before a flight out of luton airport, which is about a fifteen minute cab ride away costing £11.00.
It is a modern looking V shape hotel on the outskirts of luton, with not a lot around it, so walking elsewhere to find food and drink is a least a 20 min walk, but having said that, the food we had in the restaurant wasn't too expensive and quite tasty with very efficient service.
The rooms are very comfortable with a large walk in shower, and the beds are a bit of a novelty, with dials you can set for either soft or hard mattress.
The gym looked well equipped although we didn't use it, and we thought the ice machine on the landing was very handy, as was the little shop in the foyer if you wanted a snack or needed toiletries

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear cazza5

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your time here and that you were impressed by our bedrooms with large walk-in showers and our state of the art Garden Inn Sleep System beds, it’s also great that you were impressed by our ice machine and Pavilion Pantry serving a selection of food, drink and other useful items. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our tasty food and efficient service we provided.

I am delighted to read that you found our location to be helpful as we are in easy reach of the motorway, 3 miles from the airport and 5-10 minutes from the town centre. We are only a drive away from most places however we are positioned in a quieter location.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had a good quiet room on the second floor. I liked the free wi-fi access, the good large desk and bed. Had dinner in the restaurant, not cheap but food was good, as was breakfast. Would use again if staying in this area. Shame about not having a pool.

Room Tip: Away from the road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear max-diamond

Thank you for taking the time to post some great feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here and that you took advantage of our complimentary wi-fi. I am also delighted to read you enjoyed your dinner and our continental breakfast buffet.

Once again, thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide me with your valuable feedback and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the HGI Luton in the near future

Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Stay here frequently for work, and sleep is never interrupted. Beds are comfy and bathrooms clean. Great gym and handy microwave room. Laundry facilities always seem broken, so expect 5 hours for laundry. Internet slow, and don't expect to get a room if you need to extend your stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear LaLa W

I am pleased to read you have such a comfortable stay with us when you visit and that you enjoy our Garden sleep system beds however I am sorry to read you have trouble with our complimentary Wi-Fi, we are keeping a close eye on usage and we are in regular contact with our internet supplier with regards to the speed of our service.

Thank you for your comments regarding the laundry facilities, we carry out regular maintenance on all our equipment to keep everything in working order however please accept my apologies if when you have stayed you have had trouble in this area.

Once again, thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide me with your valuable feedback. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations in some areas of your stay however I trust that all other aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and so I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the HGI Luton in the near future

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I checked in quite late and only stayed one night.

The room was large, clean, comfortable, with kettle, hot drinks, comfortable seat, desk chair, television, free wifi, two double beds, adequate bathroom with a large shower.

The air conditioning didn't seem to be very effective, but I didn't bring this to the hotel's attention, as it was cool enough outside to be able to regulate the room temperature by turning the air off completely for a while.

I was too late checking in to have supper in the restaurant, and it's worth remembering that room service couldn't provide a hot meal after 10pm. I rang my order through just in time, and room service arrived promptly within the fifteen minute window they mentioned. The meal was warm and adequate, but not exceptional.

I had a good night's sleep, with no noise, and checkout was very easy.

There may not have been anything that made my stay exceptional, but it was comfortable, quiet, clean, the staff were efficient and I had a good night's rest.

Room Tip: I would say try and request a room away from the function rooms and the road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear roosterza

I am pleased to read you had a comfortable stay here with us and that you enjoyed our bedrooms. I am sorry if you felt that the air conditioning was not effective in your bedroom however I am pleased to read you were able to regulate the temperature.

I am delighted to read you made it in time to experience our room service and I am glad you found the food to be warm and adequate however I am sorry if you felt there could of been something to make the meal more special although I am pleased to read we delivered this to you in the time we stated.

We do pride ourselves on being a very user friendly brand and providing everything just where you need it but we do not offer some of the full service items that you would find in a Hilton branded hotel such as all night room service and a late restaurant. Instead we do have the 24hr Pantry offering Micro-Meals, light snacks and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The microwave for our Micro-Meals is located in our kitchenette opposite our Laundry room on the 1st floor.

Thank you for your kind feedback about the team, I am pleased they kept their high standards and remained efficient during your stay. It’s also great to read you had such a good night’s rest in our Garden Sleep System beds and I am pleased you were not disturbed by any outside noises.

If you do have any feedback how we can make your next stay exceptional then please email our Guest Service Manager Matisse.rayner@hilton.com as your opinion is very important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience.

I appreciate your honest comments and advice to other potential guests so once again thank you for taking the time to post this review and I will certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.