“Good business hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had a good quiet room on the second floor. I liked the free wi-fi access, the good large desk and bed. Had dinner in the restaurant, not cheap but food was good, as was breakfast. Would use again if staying in this area. Shame about not having a pool.

Room Tip: Away from the road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear max-diamond

Thank you for taking the time to post some great feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here and that you took advantage of our complimentary wi-fi. I am also delighted to read you enjoyed your dinner and our continental breakfast buffet.

Once again, thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide me with your valuable feedback and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the HGI Luton in the near future

Stacey Boast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Stay here frequently for work, and sleep is never interrupted. Beds are comfy and bathrooms clean. Great gym and handy microwave room. Laundry facilities always seem broken, so expect 5 hours for laundry. Internet slow, and don't expect to get a room if you need to extend your stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear LaLa W

I am pleased to read you have such a comfortable stay with us when you visit and that you enjoy our Garden sleep system beds however I am sorry to read you have trouble with our complimentary Wi-Fi, we are keeping a close eye on usage and we are in regular contact with our internet supplier with regards to the speed of our service.

Thank you for your comments regarding the laundry facilities, we carry out regular maintenance on all our equipment to keep everything in working order however please accept my apologies if when you have stayed you have had trouble in this area.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I checked in quite late and only stayed one night.

The room was large, clean, comfortable, with kettle, hot drinks, comfortable seat, desk chair, television, free wifi, two double beds, adequate bathroom with a large shower.

The air conditioning didn't seem to be very effective, but I didn't bring this to the hotel's attention, as it was cool enough outside to be able to regulate the room temperature by turning the air off completely for a while.

I was too late checking in to have supper in the restaurant, and it's worth remembering that room service couldn't provide a hot meal after 10pm. I rang my order through just in time, and room service arrived promptly within the fifteen minute window they mentioned. The meal was warm and adequate, but not exceptional.

I had a good night's sleep, with no noise, and checkout was very easy.

There may not have been anything that made my stay exceptional, but it was comfortable, quiet, clean, the staff were efficient and I had a good night's rest.

Room Tip: I would say try and request a room away from the function rooms and the road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear roosterza

I am pleased to read you had a comfortable stay here with us and that you enjoyed our bedrooms. I am sorry if you felt that the air conditioning was not effective in your bedroom however I am pleased to read you were able to regulate the temperature.

I am delighted to read you made it in time to experience our room service and I am glad you found the food to be warm and adequate however I am sorry if you felt there could of been something to make the meal more special although I am pleased to read we delivered this to you in the time we stated.

We do pride ourselves on being a very user friendly brand and providing everything just where you need it but we do not offer some of the full service items that you would find in a Hilton branded hotel such as all night room service and a late restaurant. Instead we do have the 24hr Pantry offering Micro-Meals, light snacks and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The microwave for our Micro-Meals is located in our kitchenette opposite our Laundry room on the 1st floor.

Thank you for your kind feedback about the team, I am pleased they kept their high standards and remained efficient during your stay. It’s also great to read you had such a good night’s rest in our Garden Sleep System beds and I am pleased you were not disturbed by any outside noises.

If you do have any feedback how we can make your next stay exceptional then please email our Guest Service Manager Matisse.rayner@hilton.com as your opinion is very important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience.

I appreciate your honest comments and advice to other potential guests so once again thank you for taking the time to post this review and I will certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here as we had an early flight from Luton. Bed astonishingly comfortable, service - great, room, including toilet, very clean, but I would expect no less from a Hilton. However the wifi signal was very poor and as others have said, even the smallest noise from outside can be heard. Also a constant rumbling sound which I think was the airconditioning or something? Anyway I'm not a light sleeper so it was fine but it may have disturbed lighter sleepers.

You still have to get a cab to the airport (£11.50) but I couldn't find any closer airport hotel for the same price (with the TA offer). I probably wouldn't pay full price though. Maybe if you're driving it's worth it because of the free parking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Israphale

I am pleased to read you had such a comfortable stay with us and that you enjoyed our service however I am sorry to read you had trouble with our complimentary Wi-Fi, we are keeping a close eye on usage and we are in regular contact with our internet supplier with regards to the speed of our service.

Thank you for your comments regarding the noises in the hotel, we are situated on a main road and so at peak times if windows are open then you may hear the noise from the road however I am pleased this did not disrupt your sleep at all.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of our Park and Fly package, we are aware we aren’t one of the closest airport hotels so we do try and offer great deals to make it worth the extra 5 minute journey, so I am pleased you were able to benefit from this.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here prior to picking someone up at the airport and to be fair it was ok. Rooms were decent comfortable and the beds good. Tea/coffee making facilities and good bathroom. Didn't use the restaurant but the bar was quite expensive (hotel bar and all that). However I was trying to sleep when a couple of girls next door kept going in and out of the room to use, I assume, the 24hrs kiosk next to reception. This was continuous until 2:30am at which point I lost the plot and stormed off to reception. I informed the manager that he may wish to speak to those responsible otherwise they may have to call in Hurcule Poirot! Unbelievably, for a Hilton, he did something about it and we heard nothing more. However I did have to wonder why a new airport hotel felt the need to fit doors that didn't just slam when left to close on their own but managed to score about 5 on the richtor scale. Seriously, if they had soft close doors I would never have been woken in the first place. As such it did put me off and I probably wouldn't stay here again but for the price and free parking it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cocobongoman
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Cocobongoman

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such an upbeat and honest review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System beds and that you were pleased with our facilities provided in your bedroom suite. I am sorry you didn’t have the opportunity to eat in our restaurant and I am sorry to read you found our bar prices to be a little high, we regularly review our prices to ensure we are in line with other similar establishments.

I am terribly sorry to read about your experience with our other guests making noise throughout the hotel however I am very pleased to read we were able to rectify this problem for you. Our doors are all fire doors so are quite heavy and they all have door closers enabling a soft close however if someone has a window open in their room it may slam the door shut, it is likely that this is what was causing the problem.

I am sorry that you probably won’t be staying with us again however if you change your mind and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more satisfying then please contact our Guest Service Assistant directly at matisse.rayner@hilton.com and she will be happy to assist you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide me with your valuable feedback. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations in some areas of your stay however I trust that all other aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and so I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the HGI Luton in the near future.

London
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

It is out of the way of anywhere and the outside looks like a factory. It was nothing special and quite basic. The rooms were clean and tidy and the shower was lovely but I wouldn't come back here if I was flying from luton again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Kazzandra

I am pleased to read you were fond of our clean and tidy bedrooms and that you enjoyed our shower facilities within your bedroom suite however I am sorry to read the hotel wasn’t what you thought it would be. These are not comments we are used to receiving and whilst I appreciate your comments we usually receive really good feedback about our modern decor and convenient location.

It is unfortunate you won’t be returning to the hotel however I thank you for your honest comments and do hope you enjoyed your time out of the country.