“Good hotel for a conference”

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Luton
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good hotel for a conference”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here during a recent conference.
I was surprised by the standard of the restaurant and catering, for a hotel of this size, and a non independent hotel, the food was surprisingly good and tasted freshly cooked at every meal. Bags of choice. The staff were attentive and polite. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear MtsJCT

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent visit here.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here and I am delighted that you were pleasantly surprised by the standard of our restaurant. It’s great to read you enjoyed our freshly cooked meals and that you were not limited for choice.

Thank you for your great comments about our Team, I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to post such great feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel maybe for your next conference.

Stacey Boast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Transylvania,Romania
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is very close to Luton Airport(12 minutes by taxi), it has a quiet location,a large parking,free wi-fi(which functions everywhere in the hotel),nice friendly lobby,good restaurant(loved the chicken with ruccola for dinner-12 Pounds),very large breakfast choice,wonderful sleeping conditions(special matresses,very confy),nice room(tea machine,iron and iron table),extremely clean.
The fitness at the 1st floor has everything you need when away( wheights,cardio machines,rowing machine,water).
Staff extremely helpful and happy to assist(Thanks a lot,Keisha and Irina).
An overall wonderful experience for a business trip.

Room Tip: All nice,but just not get the firsts near the elevator since there is a voice announcing each door c...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Horatiu D

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you had such a good stay here and that our Team were extremely helpful and happy to assist, I will be sure to show Irina and Keisha this review as they will be humbled by your kind comments.

It’s great to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay here such as our complimentary Wi-Fi, car parking and our fitness centre. It’s also great to read you had such a comfortable nights rest in our Garden Sleep System beds.

I am delighted you enjoyed our continental breakfast Horatiu, have you tried our signature waffles? They are extremely tasty. I am glad you enjoyed your Chicken Dish for dinner; we do pride ourselves on the quality of our restaurant so it’s great to see you benefited from this.

Once again, thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write such a great review, we hope you will join us again soon and we will look forward to welcoming you back to Luton on your next business trip.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed 1 night before flying from Luton, found staff to be very helpful, room very clean, modern with everything you need. Perfect for an overnight stay for early flight with the park & fly deal.
Family of 5 so we had family room and connecting twin room, excellent and no problems. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Stacey c

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you found our Park and Fly package of good use and that you enjoyed your stay in our interconnecting rooms, perfect for families such as yourself.

I hope you had a great holiday and I will hopefully look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next year’s holiday.

London
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My partner and I stayed here after visiting a friend locally, my partner was also attending a professional conference at the hotel the day after so it was perfectly situated for us. Being a loyalty club member of the Hilton group my partner booked us in for an overnight stay. We arrived fairly late and went to the room to drop off our things before eating in the on site restaurant.
As I entered the room I made a comment that the bed looked a tad messy, don't get me wrong it was made, but my 12 year old niece could have done a neater job. The rest of the room was very clean though.

Wi Fi - free but intermittent...we had to keep signing in with the provided password.

Food in the restaurant was very good. Service however wasn't great. I have worked as a waitress and I know what is considered basics....we had to remind our waiter that we had ordered water for the table, our wine glasses were dirty and we ended up taking clean ones from an adjacent table and on asking for cutlery for desert it was plonked down on the table for us - not even in a standard setting...we didn't even complain at this!

What we did complain about was the quality of sleep. There is some sort of promise about a guaranteed good nights sleep - we didn't get one. The bed was supposed to have controls to adjust the hardness. My side was ok, but hard an unadjustable, my partner though had a very uncomfortable night...it seems the control had broken leaving an u shaped dip on their side. We felt it was too late in the night to start messing about repacking and trying to change rooms as we had an early start, but we made a point of telling the receptionist in the morning who pretty much shrugged his shoulders and dismissed us.
We paid and left.

My partner immediately wrote in and complained about the bed, has received an email to say the complaint has been received but no actual reply to this date (well over a month). We will not be staying here again, Ive had better nights sleep in a Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Check your bed controls before you want to actually sleep!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Michele77,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review following your stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Luton North.

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with elements of your stay and apologise for any inconvenience that this caused. I am particularly concerned by your point regarding the lack of response to a complaint that was sent by your partner.

I would like to assure you that we take all feedback that we receive extremely seriously and do follow a 48 hour response turn round to any comments we receive. Due to the anonymity of this site I would be grateful if you could forward a copy of this complaint directly to Matisse.Rayner@Hilton.com so that we can respond to you directly.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that we are able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction and are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Warm Regards
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Used the hotel as a stop-over when travelling via Luton Airport. Good, modern, hotel with free wifi and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Service very good with taxi waiting for me exactly when ordered for an early morning departure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Jo E

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you had a great stop-over in our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed some of the many benefits we have to offer such as complimentary Wi-Fi and parking. I am also delighted you had such a great sleep in our Garden Sleep System Beds and that our Taxi service was on time.

Thanks again for your great comments and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is located perfectly just outside Luton,

I’ve stayed a few times and the breakfast is great the rooms are always tidy and the gym is good as well,

the staff are very helpful and well mannered,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear ollieboy89

Thank you for taking the time to post a kind review following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you have enjoyed your past few stays with us ollieboy89 and it’s great to read you find the hotel to be perfectly located for your needs.

Thank you for your great comments about our continental breakfast, rooms and gym and thank you for your kind comments about the Team, I will be sure to pass on your great feedback.

Once again, thank you for posting a review and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

luton
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went here for a meeting, the place was full of business people and it seems that is the target audience,the hotel was spotlessly clean, but slightly out of the way for lutonians (like myself) to make passing visits
the bar menu seemed expensive for luton but I am reliably informed you can use a taste card here
the food and service was fine
it is in a fairly safe part of town although there is very little within a 15 minute walk of the hotel
so more of a business stop over destination
having said that if i didnt live 5 minutes away I would use it if travelling from luton airport

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear lutonlagerlout

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent meeting with us.

I am so sorry to read of your disappointed with regards to our bar prices, we regularly review our prices to ensure we are in line with other similar establishments in the area and currently we do fall within the same price bracket. We do accept taste cards although we recommend you read the terms and conditions with regards to these discount cards as they do vary, such as we need to be aware of the card prior to your arrival.

I am pleased to read you found the hotel to be spotlessly clean, however I am sorry if you felt we were out of the way. We are more on the outskirts of Luton although we are still only 5 minutes from the Airport and the motorway which does suit many of our business travellers. So it’s great to read that if you didn’t already live in Luton that you would choose our hotel if travelling from the airport.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to post such constructive feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel maybe at your next business meeting.