“Good for a chain”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cheshire
“Good for a chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This is an occasional business stop. All the usual features of a faceless chain hotel. However, the staff are particularly friendly and the food is pretty good. Normally I prefer to walk to a local pub but this hotel is a bit isolated. However, they do serve bottled London Pride in he bar, so f you do choose to stay in, at least there is something to drink.

It has a good gym.

• Stayed November 2012
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Aid5

Thank you for taking the time to send us your great feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you found the team to be friendly and I am delighted you enjoyed our food. Whilst it is unfortunate that we are not in walking distance of a local pub, it’s great to read we stock your choice of ale so I am pleased you were able to have a drink with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Stacey Boast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you are using nearby Luton airport, forget about the budget hotels. Just a couple of miles further up the road, sitting on the outskirts of Luton, is the Hilton Garden Inn. Book well in advance and benefit from prices lower than the budgets!

Comfortable and spacious with free car parking, I would say this hotel offers more than I have come to expect from a 3*

Did not dine on this occasion but have done so on business several times. Disappointed to report that lunch times tend not to be very well serviced - slow and with a feeling that you would probably be made to feel more welcome somewhere else

Overall, though, the comfort of the room and bed, added to a nice bathroom make this hotel a winner in my eyes

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bellytubby

Thank you so much for writing a review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read you were able to benefit from our free car parking and our reasonable priced accommodation. We are proud of our great facilities and modern decor so it’s great that you think we offer more than expected in the 3* hotel.

I am sorry to read you find our lunch times to be not very well serviced and that you haven’t been made to feel as welcome as you should. This certainly isn’t exemplary of our usual standard as we pride ourselves on our great service and friendly atmosphere. I will be sure to speak with our Food and Beverage Manager who take this feedback on board and provide more training to the Team.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to send us your valuable feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived late and left early so I can't comment on other aspects of the hotel, but the guy on reception made all the taxi arrangements for our pick up the next moring and everything was faultless. Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable - slept well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear AndrewP33

Thank you for taking the time to post a short review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read you didn’t spend long in the hotel however it’s great to read the time you did spend here was faultless. Thank you for your great comments regarding our rooms and I am so pleased to read you slept well in our Garden Sleep System bed.

Once again Andrew, thank you for taking the time to post this review and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton and hopefully we may have the pleasure of your company for a little longer.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stay at Hilton hotels on a regular basis and have come to expect a certain standard of service from the Hilton group. We stayed here as we had an early flight the next morning. We didn't arrive early enough to use the restaurant for dinner. The bed was adequate but as usual I didn't sleep very well as I'm used to my tempur mattress. The room was great but it's a Hilton group hotel after all so couldn't expect any less. I noticed that the restaurant wouldn't be open at the time we were leaving in the morning and the person on the desk said they would do a continental breakfast in a bag for us. We thought great!!! We got our take away breakfasts and arrived at the airport on time. We checked in an sat down to eat our breakfast. We wished we had opened the bag at the hotel before we left - an apple, a cup cake and a croissant does not make a continental breakfast. We were grateful that some of the eating places at the airport were open or we would have starved. I wish the flight was later so that we could have a proper Hilton breakfast!!! Such is life.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiny2golly
Dear Tiny2golly

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience here the Hilton Garden Inn Luton.

I am sorry to read you didn't you enjoy our Garden Sleep System Beds; the bed has been designed to provide comfort for everyone with its state of the art adjustable dial that controls the hardness of the mattress to your liking, so it is a real shame you were unable sleep well. However, we thank you for your honest comments and hope this does not deter you from visiting us again.

I am pleased that you found the rooms to be of the quality standard that you can quite rightly expect from the Hilton family of brands. I am however sorry to learn that the takeaway breakfast failed to meet your expectations, I will have our Food and Beverage Manager and Head Chef to look into this and review the standard content so that future improvements can be made. I hope that you enjoyed your trip and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Most comfy bed ever with lush linens. The rooms are big and well appointed. The only thing I miss is a biscuit on the hospitality tray, better stocked bar ( 3 of the four things I ordered were out of stock i.e. a wine, Baileys and lime) and more reasonable bar prices! Would definitely stay again but bring a 'carry out'.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank islandgirlcityboy
Dear islandgirlcityboy

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had a good night’s sleep here at the hotel, we pride ourselves on our Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System beds which have an adjustable mattress and a very cosy super mattress topper to ensure you have the most comfortable night’s rest.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience in the bar. We have recently changed our beverage supplier and experienced some initial stock issues, I am sorry that these happened to be the lines that you requested. We do regularly carry out comparisons on our beverage prices to ensure that we are competitive against similar establishments in the local market, however I will ensure your feedback is passed across for consideration at the next review.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Luton North in the near future.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were staying overnight on a saturday and it was great value. A very comfortable bed, polite and helpful staff and a perfecty reasonable breakfast. The lobby has been cleverly furnished so you would want to sit in it.Nothing flashy but we would use this again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank londonlooking
Dear Londonlooking

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you found our Garden Sleep System bed to be very comfortable and it’s great to read you enjoyed the furnishings in our lobby area.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding our Team, I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

I am also pleased you enjoyed our continental breakfast, if you haven’t already, on your next visit be sure to try our signature waffles they are delicious.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Luton.

Kind regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent several days here on a business trip. It's in a good location not far from the M1 and local amenities. The rooms are clean and the staff only too keen to help. It's a shame it doesn't have a pool though.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Kuzzi

Thank you for your comment regarding our leisure facilities, I am sorry you were disappointed we do not have a pool here at the Garden Inn however Luton Inspire Sports Village has recently opened with a large Olympic swimming pool and is only a short walk away. Maybe on your next visit you could consider this option?

I am pleased to read you found us to be in a great location, as you say we are not far from the M1 and the airport is only 3 miles away. It’s also nice to read you enjoyed our clean rooms and found the team to be ‘only too keen to help’, I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback.

Thanks again for your great review; I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.