“Stay and Fly”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Stay and Fly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived late and left early so I can't comment on other aspects of the hotel, but the guy on reception made all the taxi arrangements for our pick up the next moring and everything was faultless. Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable - slept well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear AndrewP33

Thank you for taking the time to post a short review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read you didn’t spend long in the hotel however it’s great to read the time you did spend here was faultless. Thank you for your great comments regarding our rooms and I am so pleased to read you slept well in our Garden Sleep System bed.

Once again Andrew, thank you for taking the time to post this review and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton and hopefully we may have the pleasure of your company for a little longer.

Stacey Boast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stay at Hilton hotels on a regular basis and have come to expect a certain standard of service from the Hilton group. We stayed here as we had an early flight the next morning. We didn't arrive early enough to use the restaurant for dinner. The bed was adequate but as usual I didn't sleep very well as I'm used to my tempur mattress. The room was great but it's a Hilton group hotel after all so couldn't expect any less. I noticed that the restaurant wouldn't be open at the time we were leaving in the morning and the person on the desk said they would do a continental breakfast in a bag for us. We thought great!!! We got our take away breakfasts and arrived at the airport on time. We checked in an sat down to eat our breakfast. We wished we had opened the bag at the hotel before we left - an apple, a cup cake and a croissant does not make a continental breakfast. We were grateful that some of the eating places at the airport were open or we would have starved. I wish the flight was later so that we could have a proper Hilton breakfast!!! Such is life.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiny2golly
Dear Tiny2golly

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience here the Hilton Garden Inn Luton.

I am sorry to read you didn't you enjoy our Garden Sleep System Beds; the bed has been designed to provide comfort for everyone with its state of the art adjustable dial that controls the hardness of the mattress to your liking, so it is a real shame you were unable sleep well. However, we thank you for your honest comments and hope this does not deter you from visiting us again.

I am pleased that you found the rooms to be of the quality standard that you can quite rightly expect from the Hilton family of brands. I am however sorry to learn that the takeaway breakfast failed to meet your expectations, I will have our Food and Beverage Manager and Head Chef to look into this and review the standard content so that future improvements can be made. I hope that you enjoyed your trip and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Most comfy bed ever with lush linens. The rooms are big and well appointed. The only thing I miss is a biscuit on the hospitality tray, better stocked bar ( 3 of the four things I ordered were out of stock i.e. a wine, Baileys and lime) and more reasonable bar prices! Would definitely stay again but bring a 'carry out'.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank islandgirlcityboy
Dear islandgirlcityboy

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had a good night’s sleep here at the hotel, we pride ourselves on our Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System beds which have an adjustable mattress and a very cosy super mattress topper to ensure you have the most comfortable night’s rest.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience in the bar. We have recently changed our beverage supplier and experienced some initial stock issues, I am sorry that these happened to be the lines that you requested. We do regularly carry out comparisons on our beverage prices to ensure that we are competitive against similar establishments in the local market, however I will ensure your feedback is passed across for consideration at the next review.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Luton North in the near future.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were staying overnight on a saturday and it was great value. A very comfortable bed, polite and helpful staff and a perfecty reasonable breakfast. The lobby has been cleverly furnished so you would want to sit in it.Nothing flashy but we would use this again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank londonlooking
Dear Londonlooking

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you found our Garden Sleep System bed to be very comfortable and it’s great to read you enjoyed the furnishings in our lobby area.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding our Team, I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

I am also pleased you enjoyed our continental breakfast, if you haven’t already, on your next visit be sure to try our signature waffles they are delicious.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Luton.

Kind regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent several days here on a business trip. It's in a good location not far from the M1 and local amenities. The rooms are clean and the staff only too keen to help. It's a shame it doesn't have a pool though.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Kuzzi

Thank you for your comment regarding our leisure facilities, I am sorry you were disappointed we do not have a pool here at the Garden Inn however Luton Inspire Sports Village has recently opened with a large Olympic swimming pool and is only a short walk away. Maybe on your next visit you could consider this option?

I am pleased to read you found us to be in a great location, as you say we are not far from the M1 and the airport is only 3 miles away. It’s also nice to read you enjoyed our clean rooms and found the team to be ‘only too keen to help’, I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback.

Thanks again for your great review; I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Winchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been staying at this particular hotel regularly over the last two years as it is relatively close to one of our offices. The hotel is in good condition and there is usually enough parking for everyone at the hotel.
However, I will be shopping around going forward after a run of poor stays due to the staff.

My latest stay was for a Family Room booking, which upon arrival was told had been allocated to someone else and they only had a twin room available. As the website lists twin rooms cheaper than family rooms you would expect some form of refund or decent apology at least - don't kid yourself!!!
I was just asked if it was ok, and shrugged at when I suggested not. At 9:40pm what choice have you got but to take whatever you are allocated.
My Hilton membership clearly has preferences shown for a King bed and away from the elevator - this twin room was the closest one to the elevator.

On my previous visit to the hotel my dinner order became like a scene from Fawlty Towers. I ordered at 9:15pm and was told it would be 30-40 minutes for a burger. I politely waited 50 minutes and called back as it was now after 10pm (when hot food stops) - they said I had never ordered even though it was the same person I spoke to. When I started to replay our conversation they admited the error and asked me to wait another 20 minutes whilst they cooked something - as above - what choice do you have?

Even though both problems are caused by their staff, at no point do they even consider to honour the 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Room Tip: Ask for away from the elevator because the cleaning staff make a lot of noise in the morning near th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hunstanton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The best Hilton we have found.
We booked for an overnight stay before flying, The package that included on site parking with taxis to and from the airport was sensibly priced. The room was clean and comfortable and staff good.
Dinner at the hotel was fine and better priced than the usual airport Hilton. Our dinner waiter, was helpful and friendly, despite the restaurant being short staffed, and food was good.
Will certainly use this hotel next time we fly from Luton and will look for other garden inns around the country.
I just wish the Hilton chain would sort out their central booking system. !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Johnny061

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a great review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read we were the best Hilton you have found, this is a lovely comment and warmly received. It’s also great that you enjoyed our Park and Fly package and found it sensibly priced.

Thanks for your comments regarding our clean and comfortable rooms and I am so pleased you found our Team to be helpful and friendly however, I am sorry you found the restaurant to be under staffed on this particular day.

Thanks for your feedback regarding our central booking system, this feedback is appreciated and will be taken on board.

I am very pleased you will be back to the hotel when you next fly from Luton so thanks again for your honest review and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn soon.