“Bad experience”
Review of Wanneroo Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minehead
Wanneroo Farm
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed here for two nights last year, plus dog. The situation of the farm is lovely and rooms clean and comfortable. However, we had a bad experience with the owners' two white boxers who somehow escaped and terrorised my labradoodle and myself. They were aggressive and wildly out of control, jumping up at my car when I tried to escape and scratching the paintwork by the drivers door. My friend mentioned this to the owner, Lucy, who was hardly apologetic. Lucy was barely around the weekend we stayed as she was busy with riding events. We were not made to feel welcome and there was no effort on the owner's part to discuss the incident with her dogs.
I would certainly not return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joanna M

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Only here for 1 night as I'm in the area for business , what a shame this place is amazing , peaceful , pleasant , love the animals the horses are my favourite , the rooms are great and the owners are fantastic ,if you want to get away from the rat race and see a peace of heaven I suggest you book here oh yes and the prices are spot on , the views are beautiful just wish I bought my lady with me its on the border of romantic lol 5 stars well done will return

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is a friendly and relaxed, homely B&B, which we come back to again and again! We have been visiting Wanneroo Farm - with our horse, Galaxy, for over three years, returning several times a year. It is a real break for us - and I know that Galaxy has a good, clean stable with post and rail fencing in the well run livery yard attached ( on a DIY livery basis). Riding across the Brendon Hills and Exmoor is superb - and there is the opportunity to have an expert guide - although trails are well marked should one prefer to be unaccompanied.
There are plenty of nearby pubs serving good food - and historic Dunster is just down the road.
We always enjoy staying in the annexe which gives us a small but comfortable "hideaway". Lucie always ensures that we set out for the day on a fullsome breakfast complete with her own fresh farm eggs!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Penelope D
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed at Wanneroo Farm B&B for two weeks while visiting family in Timberscombe. The setting is gorgeous, the price was right, the rooms were sparkling clean, beds really comfortable (nice and firm), TV, coffee & tea, and the atmosphere was peaceful, friendly and really quiet. Hosts Lucy and Ian made my stay feel as if I were part of the family. Their daughter Henrietta was delightful, and even let me watch her Watership Down DVD's a couple of nights, which was quite a treat. My grandchildren were invited to come to the farm and see the animals and they loved the bunnies, horses, ponies, dogs and cats - all of whom were most welcoming and adorable. The house is in a small village at the end of a little lane, in the heart of Exmoor National Park, so there is absolutely no traffic past the house. The owners have a wonderful newly constructed barn where visitors can stable their horses in large, clean stables. Lucy is an excellent horsewoman and knowledgeable trainer, and I would have no hesitation about bringing my horse to this place for a riding vacation, because the horse or pony would be treated like royalty. Ian is the Golf Pro at Minehead Golf Club and welcomes visitors to come for 9 or 18 hole play by the sea. Clubs can be rented for ladies or gents if you can't bring your own. Lucy's cooked breakfasts were so delicious, with homegrown eggs from robust, healthy chickens. Just the memory of that cooked breakfast aroma drifting up through the hall each morning makes my mouth water. Plenty of cereal selection was also available for those who don't like a hearty meal in the morning. At the back of the farmhouse, a double self-contained suite overlooks a private garden on one side and the acres of horse and pony paddock on the other. The other rooms are in the farmhouse - each one with remarkably beautiful views. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a quiet, restorative break from the world, especially if they want to bring their horse or pony.
Close to Timberscombe is the ancient village of Dunster, seated beneath Dunster Castle - a great place to spend a few fascinating days shopping, castle browsing and eating great food.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StrandedinHeaven
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Stayed at Wanneroo Farm for a couple of days at the end of August. The setting was lovely, but slightly disappointed with the accommodation. Didn't expert that there would be no en-suite, and we would have to share a bathroom. We had our son with us who was 10 months old at the time. No real facility for babies, as we brought our own travel cot. That said, the breakfast was great and the hosts were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank buffyduffy
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Having fallen in love with the beautiful pictures on the website and having a husband who loves horses, I decided that this would be an ideal base for our weekend away.

I was not disappointed! We arrived in the dark on a cool November evening to a warm welcome from Lucie and her daughter Georgina and had to wait for daylight on Saturday to see what lay outside. The views were every bit as beautiful as pictured and the peacefulness was wonderful. Being an unseasonably warm sunny day, we couldn't wait to get outside and explore after our delicious cooked breakfasts. We had a short walk across some nearby fields before heading out in the car for more walking!

Dinner in the local pub, The Lion at Timberscombe , was delicious and good value. A typical local pub atmosphere!

This is a great base for exploring the local area and we will definitely return and take our girls with us next time to see the horses and ponies.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2007

What a fantastic few days we had here. The views were fantastic and there were plenty of things to do. Perfect for finding a quiet spot and getting lost in a novel or galloping along the common on the horses.

Lucy and her family were very welcoming, all the animals keep you entertained, each with their own personality. We can't wait to come back with our horses next year to try the rides we missed this time.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)