“lovely relaxing break!!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Minehead
London, United Kingdom
“lovely relaxing break!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

my husband,my son and myself stayed here for 1 night and had a wonderful warm and friendly greeting from Diane and Joe.The triple room we booked was immaculate,cosy and very well presented.Breakfast was superb,cooked to order and lovely and fresh.We love minehead and we now love the kingsway!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The owners Dianne and joe make you really feel welcome! nothing to much trouble ! we had a great five days excellent décor very clean, and comfortable good breakfasts fresh to order! close to all ameneties best guest we have stayed in for many years!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cullompton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just stayed for the odd night whilst on business. I use tripadvisor religiously when I choose places and restaurants so my reasons for booking here are clear. This small hotel is excellent. The welcome from both the owners is the warmest I have ever encountered! The room, bathroom and hotel are immaculate throughout and the bed and linen were super. Eating a cooked breakfast as I write and this is the icing on the cake for me....lovingly cooked and presented, overall a great experience, will be back, hopefully for pleasure next time.

• Stayed April 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Sitting in Australia trying to decide where to stay in Minehead was a would be problem that we overcame easily - we asked locals who we knew! So we booked into Kingsway for our ten day stay and were delighted with everything - our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The weather was cold the Kingsway was warm. The Kinsway is situated close to everything and is in a quiet locality. Our hosts were delightful, helpful and caring and the breakfasts were good!
We will be returning to Minehead in a couple of years time and will be booking into the Kingsway again. We don't often do reviews - only when we can say something nice and hence the reason for these comments. It's all good!

Chris and Gerry

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris G
South Staffordhshire
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This a really georgeous house, beautifully furnished spotlessly clean.
We arrived on a very sunny,freezing December day. Having walked around the sea front where the wind was enough to cut you in half. On arrival at Kingsway we were asked " would you like the heating on" We were amazed, it was December and so cold. If we had walked in off the street, then we could have understood it, but our room was booked and paid for a month in advanced, so there was little chance we would'nt arrive! No matter how beautiful a bedroom, and ours certainly was, being stone cold, and told it would soon warm up, is very unwelcoming.It did warm up, but when heating went off the room was too cold to sleep comfortably.
The hospitality tray in the room was very sparse, just 3 tea bags and 3 coffee sachets between two and No biscuits!
Breakfast was disappointing. No fresh fruit at all or yoghurt. Nowadays, we get fruit, even if its only tinned, in 2 star properties. Breakfast we had, was well cooked and presented, but again the dining room was very cold.
Would we return? No, Minehead is our second home, we visit twice a year, and have been too spoilt in other properties

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank youngsnow
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had a very comfortable stay at the kingsway hotel. The owners made me very welcome and happy to assist me with local information.Room was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was fantastic and cooked fresh to order. I will definately stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Reuben A
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2012

As a young woman travelling by myself it was a relief to see how safe this hotel was - the front door is locked and alarmed at all times, though you can also come and go as you please at any time which is great. My room was very pretty in a "country cottage" style. Very clean and homely with a nice firm mattress and a very hot shower.
If you like sleek, contemporary hotels then this place probably isn't for you, but I loved it here as it was very homely and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I would defiinitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Room number 6 was particularly lovely, right at the top of the house with a corner view out from the...