“Lovely lunch spot”
Review of Cream

Cream
Ranked #7 of 98 Restaurants in Minehead
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Local, independent cafe/bar priding itself on high quality coffee, food and service. We source many local products to use in our largely homecooked menu which includes sandwiches, panini's, homemade beefburgers, pieminister pies,our own soups and weekly specials. Breakfast can be a feast at cream*; full english and full vegetarian, beautiful bagels or homemade waffles.Located in the centre of Minehead with plenty of outside seating and large windows we provide the perfect place to sit and watch the world go by....whatever the weather!We open twice monthly for live music nights (see facebook for upcoming events) and host brilliant private parties.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

As visitors to the region we were pleased to find such a lovely individual cafe holding its own among the big names. The menu is pleasantly different, with a variety of unique drinks and meals to tempt. Would recommend the raspberry iced tea - tried and failed to replicate it at home! Food was delicious (toasted tomato and mozzarella ciabattas and a camembert special) and the sweet couscous side was a particularly welcome touch.
The only thing that let it down for me is really personal preference. While the ciabattas were lovely and deliciously fresh, it was a shame that only the bread and not the filling was warm so that the cheese was not melted. Just a small thing that can be easily rectified and did not distract from our experience!

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Don't go here for coffee. It was awful. Over extracted and so hot it burnt my mouth. We got takeaway flat whites. They need to get some people in to do staff training for making coffee.

3  Thank Nicolas R
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I asked for a simple cheese toasted sandwich. I got a huge, thick grated cheese partly toasted sandwich with corn chips (why?) and more strangely couscous with some sweet goo on it.
It was a culinary disaster and I left 80% of it. Would have been more satisfying to have burnt my money!

1  Thank fangnaf
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped here for lunch on our way through to another watering hole further up the coast … and very pleased we did. While it is easy to have too much of a good thing, I was sorely tempted to have a second Panini with my cappuccino. Uncharacteristically I refrained, or rather my wife did on my behalf. The food was excellent and we’ll be making this a regular stop on our southwest expeditions in future. The interior is a lively mix of functional and fashionable but the floor around our table could have done with sweeping. Sorry, it’s a small niggle but when everything else is so good you tend to notice the small defects. A great place if you want something more memorable than “mass produced chips with everything” although looking at what the couple next to us had in the way of “couture fries” I know what I’m having next time.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Despite quite a long wait for our breakfast (over 25mins) it was worth it!!
Bagels with poached egg and bacon were amazing and fresh and my 2 kids loved the doorstep toast and homemade jam!
Lovely friendly staff and great little touches made a lovely start to our day.