“Best tea room I have ever been to. I would have slept there if I could!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apple Tree Tea Rooms

Apple Tree Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Minehead
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Apple Tree Tearooms is to be found half way up the tree-lined avenue in Minehead. Serving a healthy cooked breakfast, soups, jacket potatoes, toasties, sandwiches and baguettes and salads and Ploughmans. Luscious home-made cream teas, cakes, cookies and slices make this venue a mecca for visitors and locals alike. Boasting a colourful interior and equally delightful al fresco tea garden, this café is ideally suited to families with young children, as children's books, toys and treasure hunts are provided. There is good disabled access and facilities. Oh, and dogs are also most welcome -they are offered dog blankets, treats and water bowls (as long as they are owners are well-behaved).
“Best tea room I have ever been to. I would have slept there if I could!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

A true oasis of vintage charm and excellent food. We visited twice after such a friendly and delicious first visit. What makes good places great is always the staff. It's so great to find a positive friendly attitude ! On asking when they were open until I was told, well whenever we need to be ! The serving lady was wonderful with my kids, who are a very good judge of character, my youngest couldn't stop chatting to her On Our second visit and he doesn't just chat to anyone! . We had children's beans on toast and soup lovley. Even asked what portion size the kids wanted. I had cream tea and the scones are fresh baked real scones with amazing jam and cream, I took some jam home too. They sell it. Second time I had chocolate cake and oh my goodness I would consider driving the two and a half hours from home just to eat that ! The ambiance is lovley with vintage music, comfy seats, artwork. Aaaaaaah. Will definately return.

• Visited May 2013

Tynemouth, United Kingdom
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

After spending a number of days in Somerset and having found nothing but average cream teas I was beginning to despair. Then I found the Apple Tree Tea Rooms and my faith was restored! The cream tea was excellent, representing great value for money. The environment very relaxing and I could easily have spent all afternoon there. However I had a steam train to catch. A lovely experience that I would recommend to everyone.

• Visited May 2013