“butlins minehead”
Review of Butlin's Minehead

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlin's Minehead
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Minehead
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went to Butlins last May and had the best hoilday ever the show in both clubs in reds and centre stage were good as always but some of the shows were the same which is really bad for the guest that's keep going and seeing the same thing all the time they need to think about the acts that come and perform on the stage the chips in the site chippy have improved since last time they were rubbish and not nice to eat but burger king is to pricey a small portion of chips is about
£2.34 and a large one is £3.45 and you get the same amount of chips in the portion robbing b***ds never get chips from burger king you will get ripped off and the Redcoats are very helpful at all times ask them where something is and they will show you where to go

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank russ h
There are newer reviews for Butlin's Minehead

Reviewed January 27, 2014

we have not been to Bullins for years so we were a bit concerned but from the moment we made the booking by phone and after speaking with the diet chef for the deck restaurant all my fears were put to one side we had a silver accommodation very clean and apart from the mattresses they were very hard all was excellent when we went for our first evening meal I spoke with chef who had taken all my requests for a very restricted diet due to an on-going illness I had exactly what I needed this can make the difference for a good holiday and a very bad holiday for me this information was passed to the catering staff for each day and one of the staff Hubert was especially helpful in fact we did not have any reason to complain about any of the catering staff all were very polite the entertainment was so good we felt like we were teenagers again well done Bullins this has been so good we have already booked for 2015

Room Tip: take some extra padding for the hard mattress
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you are thinking of going away here just do so with extreme caution because if anything happens to you in Butlins, you're on your own.We got in after a short night out and found our room had been broken into by a Butlins staff member, who racked up £800 worth of criminal damage to our things, he did not touch the Butlins furnishings. It was eventually reported to the police but in the meantime the security did not take us seriously. Nobody has got in touch from Butlins to claim any type of responsibility over their employee or offer any type of compensation. Appalling! I am in the process of chasing this up but am not getting very far. Also, the rest of the employees look like they clearly hate their job, and are extremely unhelpful, especially in the main tent part (with the arcade). The rooms are nice and simple (we stayed in standard) but our only concern is that there was dried blood on our wardrobe door.

I am aware this is a rare case (I hope) but it is the lack of Butlins' reaction that is so outrageous. I would have given 5 out of 5 for value... until this weekend had now cost me £800 extra!!! If you like being treated like your a insignificant idiot, this is the place for you

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank t2haines
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Always visit for 60's weekend. Stay in gold apartments which are clean and comfortable enough and very near facilities. Housekeeping came a bit early on Sunday morning and most people in our group turned them away - a clever ploy I'd say. Food has improved especially in new Grill restaurant Firehouse. Arran our server was so friendly and welcoming - a good advert for how a waiter should be. Chicken was moist and tender and ribs and wrap good. Recommend. The venues are good for what they are but the beer varies greatly in quality and to run out of red wine in such a big venue as the Centre Stage is criminal. Aromas can be offensive at times and some sights are jaw dropping gor all the wrong reasons. Entertainment alright but by it's very nature groups from the 60's a bit past it now. The younger tribute bands are full of enthusiasm ie The Stones. The Animals were excellent though and they were mostly originals. We went outside for a few meals and there are a selection of good restaurants in and around Minehead and Dunster. Altogether a pleasant weekend.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2014

There is a group of about 20 and we all stay in the caravan park, its a bit tedious if you make a few trips back and for in the day to the amenities but otherwise great, more room for the family and a lot more cost effective!!!!!!!!!! 100s cheeper :) we stay every year in the school holiday, theres something for everyone, my only gripe is the onsite food can work out to be very expensive if you eat out 3 meals a day, we shop at the local supermarket and have fun bbq's overall we have the best fun family holidays, we never want to go home and would recommend Butlins to any young or old family we love it!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for a caravan everytime
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care at Butlin's Minehead, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for posting your review.

It’s lovely to see that you and your family always enjoy yourself at our Minehead resort.

I would recommend looking into booking one of our dining plans when you are on resort next time. With this you can enjoy a buffet breakfast and evening meal which generally works out at better value if you’re eating out every day.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Danny.

Butlins Customer Care.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family and I took a break to Butlins during term time.This was not a regretable experience as everything went perfectly as it does every year. Entertainment is fantastic as is the food. Will deffinetely be comming back next year. Room was standard but we were still more than happy. Got our sleep with no interuptions and everyone was happy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our Minehead resort – we really appreciate the feedback.

We’re thrilled to read that everything went perfect for you especially the food and entertainment.
We can’t wait to see you next year.

Kind Regards,

Danny.

Butlins Customer Care.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have spent many happy holiday with butlins but have finally had a problem and customer service has been awful. I booked a trip to minehead due to arrive 24th Feb 2014 the previous year in feb 2013. Apparently butlins were aware they could not honour the holiday in October 2013 but they still took my payment at the end of december 2013. I was finally made aware of the situation on the 18th January by courried post. After being offered an alternative week in Feb which was not convienent due to school holidays I decided on a refund Unfortunatly this will take 10 working days to process (two weeks) also the card I paid the deposit on is no longer an active card and although I have made Butlins aware of this I have to wait for them to claim the monies back or allow the full 90 days that they have to claim the money back before they will issue a cheque. All I can say you will have fun at butlins as long as they decide not to shut the site.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bammyStockport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minehead
Northfield Hotel
#6 of 21 in Minehead
Waverley Bed & Breakfast
Waverley Bed & Breakfast
#17 of 37 in Minehead

Been to Butlin's Minehead? Share your experiences!