“Best holiday ever”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlin's Minehead Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Minehead
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been going to butlins minehead for 20 years we stayed in blue skies room 101 from the the 2/9/13 till the 6/9/13 what can I say best holiday ever cleaners always give 100% always nice and clean and comfy made my wife and child's holiday the best ever if any1 runs blue skies down needs shooting.

Room Tip: Always go blue skies
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,809)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

went Monday to Friday for a short break , the room was basic but clean . The bed was very uncomfortable but you get what you pay .we decided to go for premium dining which was amazing , was definitely worth paying more for the choices was stuffed every morning and night there. In the day there are plenty of restaurants and fast food outlets to choose from but we just went to scoop ( Italian ice cream parlour ) if still hungry, The inn on the green was a nice place to have an alcoholic drink and they have free Wi-Fi too . Even without kids you will spend a lot of money as only swimming and the little fair ground on site is free, All in all would go again .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our second holiday to butlins minehead and we loved it.
Accommodation: This year we upgraded from a gold to a gold with patio which was lovely as the weather was so warm and we could sit with the patio doors wide open. It was also great as my little boy could play outside safely where we could see him. The accommodation was in a lovely clean condition and ready earlier than the 3pm check in time which was great. Every where inside was spotlessly clean, the kitchen bathrooms bedrooms etc. the daily staff were great. They came every day made beds emptied bins and even cleaned up my sons toys. In fact they seemed quite hurt if we said we were fine and didn't need anything.
Entertainment: The entertainment was fantastic and although my son didn't have patience to sit through the shows this year what we did see was fantastic. And he enjoyed meeting the characters and the photos are excellent value for money, cheaper and better quality than anywhere, the only downside being that they had to take his billy bear off him which is like his comforter because of copyright or something. This was not butlins fault it lies with the companies who own the characters rights but to take something like that off a two year old is a bit pathetic. The staff did everything they could to cheer him though and were very apologetic.
Food and drink: We went self catering as my son is a fussy eater and particular about when he eats but we did eat in the sun and moon pub twice and the service was good and the food ok. We also tried the Burger King and the chippy on site and they to we're good with food and service. We also went to the ice cream parlour several evenings and my son adored that, the staff in there were poor compared to the other staff but the ice cream was amazing.
Fun fair and swimming pool: my son adored the outdoor pool as there was more for his age range in there compared to the indoor pool, but the indoor pool was still great just needs revamping a little. The fun fair was lovely all undercover and loads for little ones. There is also a land train than runs into town, this is a must and very cheap.
All in all we had a great time and have even booked to go back next year. Would highly recommend a holiday to butlins x

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Terri161985
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have just returned from a long weekend Fri-Mon at Butlins, Minehead and have to say I was very impressed and had a wonderful time.

Our party consisted of two adults and two 10 year old boys and we shared a Silver two bedroom apartment. We were on the third floor, which was great as we had no one passing our window or coming up the staircase apart from our neighbours, so we had no passing noise. The apartment was clean and perfectly adequate for our needs. I must admit, I didn't like the plastic covers on the mattresses, but if this is a better way of keeping them clean and hygienic then it's something I'm happy to put up with.
We did pay for Premium Dining and I found the restaurants to be very pleasant and a great variety of food that was fresh and hot. However, we did attend at the earlier times not long after the restaurants opened and found it very easy to get seats and not have to queue for food at all.

The activities on offer for the boys and the entertainment was great. We paid in advance to have the activity passes and circus entry, and with all of these costs, the Premium Dining and the accommodation it worked out £51 each per day - which I certainly don't think you can grumble at.
The boys were entertained with something to do all of the time and loved going round the fair, playing on the 2p drop machines, exploring, Go Karting, having a go at archery, table tennis, bouncing on the big blob thing, climbing the wall, walking the high ropes, playing pool, ten pin bowling, swimming and water slides etc. It really made my holiday seeing them having such a good time, and then seeing them have more fun in the evening with us whilst it was our turn to enjoy the first class entertainment with a disco in between acts.

I've often seen people review cheap all-inclusive overseas holidays as "being like Butlins abroad" as a way of criticising those holidays. However, if I went to somewhere like this abroad with as much to do and with such quality acts I'd be over the moon! We were lucky to have good weather for our weekend and I have to say that this was a far better quality holiday than the one I had in Majorca earlier this year!

The staff we came in to contact with were very pleasant and polite, everywhere was clean and well presented. I don't know how people can complain really, because if you were to go out for a three course meal, go and see a show, stay at a hotel (or even a B & B) for the night and have a full English breakfast with cereal, toast and marmalade and drinks I doubt you'd do it for less than £51 each.

A few things that could be improved on would be the quality of the pillows in the bedrooms and the covers of the ironing board. The pillows were a bit flat and the ironing board cover had no padding to it whatsoever and I was just ironing on a bit of cloth over the metal. I had to use a towel to pad it out. Only minor things, and I suppose if each room was furnished with quality pillows and ironing boards then the prices would increase to cover this. The cost for the kids to use the zip wire and the free fall is quite expensive for just one go. I was surprised that the free fall was only one drop for £5 - the whole experience was over in a couple of minutes. Compare this to the hour long archery lesson for £5 and you can see where you get better value for money.

A few tips for future travellers.
I read that the Silver Accommodation did not include toiletries or towels so we took towels, soap, toilet rolls, shower gel etc. However, toilet rolls and a small soap were included in the bathroom and we were surprised to find a small bottle of washing up liquid, dish cloth, sponge scourer and tea towel in the kitchen - we'd taken that stuff with us too. What was there was ample for a weekend but not for a week.

Room Tip: The top floor if you are fit enough as you don't get passing noise
1  Thank TheReb
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We decided to take the grand kids away for a week and thought Butlins would be a good idea as they are 4, 2 and 11 months there would be lots to do to keep them occupied. I wasn't sure this would be for me however I was surprised. The accommodation whilst being basic was clean and adequate for what we needed, and the kids loved it that was the main thing. ALL the staff were very helpful and the entertainment was great. The kids had something to do the whole time we were there. you of course have a choice of self catering or there are plenty of places to eat I guess it will depend on your own budget. Would I go back ? yes I probably would but not without kids as I don't think it would suit a holiday for me and the wife to be honest, but then Butlins is geared up as a family holiday so fair play.

Room Tip: pot luck I think, but try and get something near the facilities or it might be a bit of a walk
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went to Butlins in Minehead last year, and throughly enjoyed it, apart from dirty unkept apartment, complained when we got home just to say they need to put more tlc in cleaning them, to which they told us they would oversee it that the apartment we had this year was up to standard! not at all convinced that they actually got in touch with Skegness but I have no complaints what so ever about our rooms at Skeggy. I havent been away on school holidays for quite a few years, due to cost mainly, and now I know another reason, the amount of flippin people, when we first started having a look round I was over whelmed by the amount of human being that could be packed into one place .... lol On the tuesday it didnt seem as bad and i think throughout the week i kinda got used to it, the new splash world is cool, we spent upto 5hrs every day we were there,evenings in Center Stage were ridiculous, didnt get to see any shows as it was so packed, and I would not go there and wait for hours before as i would rather get the most out of my money by trying other things. Funfair really needs a bit of revamp, looks a bit old and worn. Amusements ok but nothing to scream about, especially the grabber machines, what a con!! im sure the amount of money Butlins makes in a day they could at least afford to make it that the sad people like myself that are quite happy to win a soft toy from the grabber was possible! : ) The most annoying thing about my whole holiday was a large group of French students that were there had no consideration first thing in the morning or late at night, Overall was sad when my hol was over

Room Tip: Really down to individuals, i find the higher floors better as you dont get as many people constantl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ButlinsResorts, Butlins customer care advisor at Butlin's Minehead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your time in writing a review of your recent stay at our Skegness resort.

I am pleased to hear that there were no problems with your accommodation and you got to enjoy your stay in Skegness.

Our Skegness resort is the largest of our resorts and can accommodate a large number of people, whilst still feeling like a home from home. We've recently invested £13 million in refurbishing and rebuilding our Splash Waterworld, so I was glad to hear you enjoyed spending time in Splash Waterworld.

Evening entertainment is a major part of our break, so I was really sorry to hear you were unable to enjoy the shows in Centre Stage. We've recently introduced a limited number of B-Line Fast Passes on our family breaks. These are great for guests who like to have the best chance of finding their preferred choice of seating in Centre Stage and Reds and allow you to enter our venues up to 15 minutes before doors open meaning you don’t miss out on seeing your favourite shows.

The arcade machines are supplied by a separate company and are regulated to give our guests the fairest chance of winning a prize, so I’m really sorry you felt the machines were unfair.

I am glad that you enjoyed your break with us overall and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Rebecca

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Went with 2 7yr Olds and 2 12,
Stayed in a private caravan so cant comment on Butlins accommodation.
Prices were average for a holiday park, most payable activities being around £5.
My kids were to old for kids entertainment, Barney etc. the boys loved the football activities.
Night time entertainment was, i don't know what to say really, the sholin monks were good, the take that tribute act, Stephen mulhearn. Wanted to see robbie Williams and olly murs acts, but refused 2 que up for over n hour before doors were opened, then if you don't get there early, you don't get a seat. If your lucky to get a seat, you will probably have someone standing in front of your view anyway. Wrestlers were enjoyable, comedian, well the kids liked him.

The sun and moon pub has a great play area, make the best pimms, and don't do a bad breakfast either.
Pizza hut was enjoyable, although service was poor
Firehouse grill, service was good, food ok.

The fair needs updating with quite a few rides not working.

Splash zone was great, clean and rides are great.

Stayed a week, but overall had fun.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minehead
The Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dunster
Marston Lodge Hotel
Marston Lodge Hotel
#4 of 12 in Minehead

Been to Butlin's Minehead Resort? Share your experiences!