“Great place for Kids !”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlins Minehead Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Minehead
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great place for Kids !”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was there with my family along with one more family friend during the long weekend.
We stayed in a Caravan. Checkin was easy.
Found this place very neat and clean and spacious.
We so much enjoyed the Splash.

There are so much for small kids and our kids had a great time.
Some good places to eat but could be done better.

Will definitely visit again sometime.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have got to admit that I was very apprehensive about staying at a Butlins site. We went with our son, partner and the 3 grandchildren (1, 3 and 5). We stayed in a gold apartment and found it very clean and plenty of room. 4 Bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, one en suite.Butlins is very much geared to family fun especially for young children, ideal for us. There was plenty for their entertainment. However the "funfair" had seen better times to be honest. We went self catering and there were a few places to eat. The restaurants, I felt, were on the expensive side for the food offered. We were informed that not all the facilities were available as we were out of season and the site was only half full. April/May 4 night midweek break. Would I go again? Maybe. But never if it was full.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at butlins in april with my huband and 2 boys one of which is 1 year old and 4 year old which is autistic. So before we arrived after many attempts to get through to customer services they had promised that our holiday would be suitable for our disabled child. We also purchused some b-line fast track passes whiched alowed us to enter shows and evening entertainment 15 mins before everyone else otherwise be prepared to cue for about a mile and have no chance of getting a front seat these are £12pp you even have to pay for children. Anyway we were close to all attractions as we requested in a bungalow which was a bit shabby and run down bit we wernt to bothered. We payed extra for our dining plan and went for the premium dining plan this was NOTHING they said it was going to be. It was horrendous. With long waiting cues and push and shove it was like a swag style school dinner hall. When we aventually did get to eat the food was good. we did complain and they issued a refund for the days i refused for my family to eat in there.
We didnt go on any of the rides in the fun fair as they look like they had seen better days. Although bob the builder land was brill for kids. I found butlins lacked entertainment for my 1 year old.

I wouldnt go back to butlins for a family holiday but maybe for an adult weekend as i have been before and these are good fun.

• Stayed April 2013
Bristol
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been to butlins before at Christmas time but thought this time we would just go for the day. We enjoyed it very much other than my make up bag being stolen from the swimming changing rooms which was disappointing. Overall a good time. I much preferred going for the day than staying for a weekend.

• Stayed April 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We satyed here for my sons rugby tour,would have given our stay full marks had it not been for two minor things. When we first arrived outr accomadation name was different to what was on our booking and our toilet did'nt work. Phoned guest services twice but no one came, if my father hadnt been with us to fix it we would have been stick. Otherwise brill facilities, polite staff and accomadation clean and modern. stayed in basic apts. Tips - take plenty of money as expensive in resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Team at Butlins Minehead Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our ESSF Rugby Tour weekend in Minehead.

I'm really glad to read you had a great weekend overall and found our team polite, our facilities great and your accommodation clean and modern.

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with our accommodation. We offer a 24 hour text service where you can text our team if you have any problems in your apartment and they’ll pop round as soon as possible to make sure things are fixed for you. I hope you were able to speak to one of our friendly team about the apartment you were allocated, as I'm sure they’d have been happy to help put things right for you.

To save you money for next time, you might like to know we offer money saving activity passes to help you and your family make the most of your weekend. Prices for these start at £10 per person and help you save money as well as allow you to try popular activities like our Bungee Trampolines, Go-Karts and Adventure Golf. For more information, just mention this to one of our team when you book and they’ll be happy to help.

Once again, I'm really pleased you had a great weekend overall and hope you can come back to see us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Serene
Butlins Customer Care
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here for my sons football tournament and we could not fault it, the staff are all friendly the rooms were clean its a fantastic place for children. The children could go off and do there own thing it's a very safe and clean resort.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Dash the preconceptions and previous awful hen do Butlins experiences. We had a really enjoyable weekend in amazingly clean accommodation. We did have the gold apartment which was serviced daily, fully equipped and pretty comfy. The mattresses were a bit on the thin side. The whole site was well run with friendly courteous staff who seemed to enjoy their work. The pool was the most well supervised I've ever come across. The deck restaurant (we were half board) served a wide variety inc fresh pasta, omelettes made to order as well as salads, fruit etc.

Other families did report the cheaper accommodation was a bit roopy however they are working on it.

All in all kids and adults v happy and well organised. I can't quite believe it!

Room Tip: Gold all the way it's worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your family’s recent stay at our Minehead Resort.

I'm really pleased to read your break surpassed your expectations and you and your family had an enjoyable weekend.

Thank you for your feedback about your accommodation. When you come on holiday you want to stay in somewhere that's a home from home, so I'm glad to read your apartment was well-equipped, comfortable and clean. Really sorry your mattresses were a little bit thin. Please email me the details of where you stayed (apartment number and block name) to tripadvisor@butlins.com and I can make sure these are changed ready for our next break.

I'm glad to hear you found our resort organised, our Splash Waterworld well-supervised and our team friendly. I have shown your comments to all the team as I'm sure they’ll enjoy reading them.

We try to make sure there is a wide range of meals on offer for everyone, even the fussiest of eaters, so it's great to read you enjoyed your meals in our Premium Dining restaurants.

We have recently invested £4 million in our accommodations on resort, so really sorry to hear your friends were disappointed by their accommodation. I hope they were able to speak to our Guest Services team as I'm sure they’d have been happy to help put things right for them.

Once again, really glad you had a great time and hope you can come back to see us again soon.

Kind Regards,