“80's Weekend - Butlins Minehead”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlin's Minehead Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Minehead
Reviewed March 15, 2013

At a shade over £80 for 3 nights for a fun adult weekend with 5 other friends I really couldn't grumble. The rooms are small but comfortable, spotlessly clean and functional (microwave (not listed in documentation so that was a nice surprise), oven, hob and teeny tiny fridge (no freezer)). The entertainment was amazing (much better than I had anticipated). It was a noisy weekend with lots of people drinking lots of alcohol and letting their hair down but isn't that what this sort of holiday is about? I rarely drink but that didn't stop me having fun. I was surprised by the amount of people that dressed up for the 80's theme - it really was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. My only criticism would be the fast food 'theme' - there wasn't one healthy option on campus hence 4 dot rating.

Room Tip: Stayed at "Halcyon Village" - or something spelt like that. Comfortable. Seagulls were a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,813)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My son is two years old and i thought that Butlins was a brilliant holiday for him. There is so much to do. There are rides that are free and there are rides you pay for. But i found that the free rides were best (in bob the builders yard) and my son never got bored. The food was great with lots of choice. It was much better than expected and all the food was very well cooked. We got the basic food package and found it very good value for money. I would advise to plan what you are going to do and see as certain attractions do get busy quickly. But they do repeat some attractions so you can fit it all in. When we got home i booked 3 other holidays at Butlins because my son love it so much. Also i was very suprised to see such a clean place. Everytime i looked around there were several staff that were wiping units and emptying bins. Overall a good amount of staff for the resort. Nice happy friendly staff that are approachable when you need something.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise E
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Butlins is a very good park, especially for children! my 2 sisters very enjoyed this and they was well behaved! the Shalley's were very nice and clean and the overall park was spectacular! the swimming pools were really clean and very enjoyable!

Room Tip: corner suites are very large, and the entertainment hall is very large!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben W
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A group of ten of us went to 80s adult weekend 2 celebrate a 50th birthday party.We arrived3pm friday to find there were riotous parties going on in the adjoining bedrooms!! We at that point went to customer services to ask for a move , to be told there was only 1 upgrade available at £283 !!! We said we would see if it settled down&they promised to get security to patrol!!! What a laugh as it took them 1&half hours 2 respond to ongoing party through the night, doors being knocked& urinating up our front door! The alcohol& other influances which seemed acceptable to butlins was a disgrace. I'm certainly not a prude& hoped for a weekend of fun which was ruined by these immature folk.The accomodation was basic but ok, the food was good& entertainment very good value, what a shame that butlins quite accept the behaviour as we witness as acceptable& as said to us normal for adult weekends!!!!! What a shame I thought we had come to a meat market!!!!!! Men in there droves just obviously after 1 thing & only knowing the world begining with FFFFF!!!!!!.These weekend should come with a government warning! I would not advise anybody of stable mind to book 1 of these weekends .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank sue b
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our second trip here as the kids loved it so much last year we came back- with the same friends! It's brilliant for coming with a large family or another family. We stayed in a gold apartment which was v good and had daily housekeeping. The children tried almost everything over 5 days- the amazing waterpark ( eldest daughter ecstatic she was tall enough for the dingy waterslide), both the outdoor and indoor funfairs, fencing, tots soccer, arts and crafts, messy time, bowling, bungee trampolines, coconut climb and of course all the shows. It really is fantastic for keeping them amused. We ate out at the pub, pizza hut ( buffet v good value for money) and the fish and chip shop. The chicken grill you do need to book earlier in the day for as when we tried to book a table at 5 ish they were fully booked. This year we decided to do the character lunch- this was the only disappointing part of the week. The kids loved meeting all the characters who came round but the food was appalling for the £50 we paid. The only option was roast beef ( no Yorkshire puddings) or sweet and sour vegetables and rice ( actually it was pineapple and onion in sauce- not nice) V little on the starter bar. The pudding section was a lot better- cakes, ice cream, cheesecakes etc but overall definitely not worth the money overall. We have booked for next year as we had so much fun- just not the character lunch next time thanks!

Room Tip: Def go for gold accomodation!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This was probably the best holiday ever! All exclusive, free funfair, night time entertainment, free water park! Great arcades (but ended up spending a fortune there!) bars, attractions! Just wow! Food was good! Funfair was brill! And the water park was the best I have ever been to, would have payed 20 pounds to get in there! Shelley was lovely and spacious and came home with lots of teddies I had won from the fair and arcade! Entertainment was Daniel Johnson from X factor, stavros flatley from BGT, bazil brush and take that and Beatles tribute! Great! Little shops and a good safe site! Clean and child friendly! Would definitely come again! Fabulous!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 2, 2013

came here for a friends birthday ... It isn't the usual sort of place I'd choose to stay. We stayed in gold apartments which I thought were OK. I found them to be clean but the heating in the bedrooms didn't seem to be working (living room heater worked fine) and the beds were camp bed style which I thought was a bit of a shame. The shower was also a bit dodgy... I scaled myself a few times after being frozen and cranking up the temperature a little bit!
I thought breakfast was decent... Not spectacular but decent. Good range available. All in all the accommodation wasn't too bad but I would say that I think its overpriced for what you get!

We were here for an adult only 80s weekender thingy. Not sure the 80s theme ran throughout as the 'club' we were in was playing current music... The drinks are very expensive with a very limited range and the vodka I was drinking in the club had a very odd flavour (they had a cheap unbranded vodka and then Smirnoff - the first drink that tasted funny I assumed to be the cheaper one so the next time I asked for a Smirnoff and it still tasted dodgy). All the bars were understaffed.

I have seen a few reviews where people have made reference to Jeremy Kyle. I would have to say the place does seem to attract the dregs of society. maybe im getting old but I dont expect to have my bum pinched by every second bloke that walks past. There were lots of stag and hen parties and it seemed that most people were just looking to pull anything with a pulse! I was quite looking forward to having a dance and a giggle with my friends but found that tainted by having to fend off drugged-up, letchy men constantly. There were a lot of drugged up people there! The toilets were very poor in the bars.

I took a walk into the town.. The shops were pretty poor. Lots of places selling overpriced tat - again, much of it geared toward the stag/ hen party kinf thing. Didn't seem to be much around that was interesting to explore.

The few staff I encountered were all quite friendly and tried their best, though I'm sure they are underpaid and undertrained.

There seems to be a idea that this kind of resort is cheap and cheerful, though I found it to be neither. I'm sure that if you wanted to visit this neck of the woods then you could find much nicer accommodation for the kind of money you're paying to stay here.

Not really my cup of tea, shall we say, but if you're into that sort of thing then go for it!

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minehead
The Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dunster
Marston Lodge Hotel
Marston Lodge Hotel
#4 of 12 in Minehead

Been to Butlin's Minehead Resort? Share your experiences!