“Loved It.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minehead
Butlins Minehead Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Minehead
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Loved It.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went with 3 other people, booked with Self-Catering, got an excellent flat-like room with kitchen appliances (Silver Room) all at hand. You'll want to book a silver room to get the most value, comfort, and other items without blowing your budget. The entertainment was excellent, but it repeats every break in the year. If you don't want repetition in your entertainment, I recommend going only once per year, or coming again during certain holidays when they have entertainment oriented to the holiday. Other than the entertainment, I loved the holiday. I've now been there 3 times, and I may go a 4th.

Room Tip: You'll want to go for Silver or Gold rooms. As far as I know, they are a lot better than going f...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Liam N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Quite basic accommodation, (Octopus Green) small double room, small twin room, small kitchenette and living room, even smaller shower cubicle and wash basin, burnt my butt on the towel rail as the room was that small. Indoor swimming pool and water slides are good, we went self catering so cannot comment on the food. The alcoholic beers where absolutely awful, larger,bitter and cider where awful,possibly the worst ever i have tasted,, I hope someone from Butlins takes note. Highlight of the weekend was the 'Nutty Boys' who didn't fail to please. Walking back to the accommodation ankle deep in water was also a big minus, they did have tankers on site throughout sucking up water but it was not the best by a long streak

Room Tip: I believe they have a hotel on this camp ? give that a try or hope there are some reviews,, the cost...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Minehead hotels

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This is the first time my husband and I have stayed at Butlins and we had a fantastic time!
We booked this weekend as Madness was headlining and we are both big fans. After reading some of the reviews on here I was a little apprehensive as we only booked a silver room and I was worried it would be disgusting and unclean. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Obviously it wasn't perfect but if you want pristine go stay in a 5* hotel. The room overall was clean and the bathroom was spotless. The bed was really comfy despite looking just like a camp bed. The one main issue was the condensation on the windows. As it was cold this weekend we left our heating on all the time and this caused so much condensation that at night you could hear the water dripping onto the floor but that is partly our fault for leaving on the heating.
We ate at the Standard dining hall and to be fair the food wasn't bad. Breakfast was disappointing but we don't generally eat early so we didn't miss it.
The entertainment was amazing. The atmosphere in the Skyline was brilliant. Obviously with it being an adult weekend there were a lot of drunk groups but if you want a quiet weekend go to Warner.
At night the site can get quite noisy which again is to be expected on an adult weekend but generally we got a good nights sleep. The only problem was on the first night when some drunk woman thought that our room was her room and the guy she was with tried to kick the door in at 3.30am. Needless to say they were shouted at in colourful language and they scuttled off.
We reported it to reception the next day just in case there was damage done to the door and the team member there was really nice and apologetic.
We used the pool twice over the weekend and it was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy the facilities without it being rammed full of kids.
Overall the staff were great and we didn't see much trouble through out the park. Any incidents were dealt with quickly and effetively by the resort safety team (security.)
We have already booked this weekend for next year and can't wait for it!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived at Minehead and picked up our key cards, upon finding our accommodation we were surprised at what appeared to be a distinctive lack of families. Although we booked the break last minute and were aware that the break was advertised as Peter Andre, I had also noted that it was in fact advertised as a family weekend.
The accommodation was dirty and worn, we were extremely surprised at this, given that we had booked gold accommodation. Our initial findings were:
Windows in a state of disrepair rotten, unable to close
Heater in the living room broken
Light in living room broken
Towel rail faulty
Overshelf light in bathroom not working
Rip in sheet.
Sofa fraying

I was deeply upset at the quality, and decided to speak to reception the next morning.

We had booked premium dinning as we had a fussy 2 year old with us. The Annabel Karmel food was nowhere to be seen throughout our stay. To claim that the food being served was ‘Annabel Karmel’ a clear breach of advertising. I did however notice that the Yacht restaurant did have a Annabel Karmel counter. Furthermore, to make these inaccurate claims on the website is very unfair particularly when charging the upgrade to premium.

Beginning to think we had made a mistake we headed back to the apartment. The beds which are nothing more that camp beds are a disgrace, a good quality bed should be the minimum offered.

We were awoken at 12.15am by a rowdy group of drunks this noise continued until 4.30 in the morning. This, for a site which is claiming to be for families should not be tolerated. I also noted a significant number of single sex groups. It is common sense that groups of rowdy drunks do not fit in with families. After breakfast I went to reception. The member of staff offered to move us to accommodation near by. I inspected the accommodation which was also poor. I told her that this would not work as the weekend was clearly not for families and we needed to be moved to a quiet area, into the quality accommodation I thought we have paid for. I commented on the quality of the accommodation in comparison to centre parcs (similar price) and she agreed. I did however offer to pay any difference if we could be moved. At this point the member of staff claimed there was no other accommodation available. I knew this was incorrect as I booked late in the evening the night before we arrived and there was a number of accommodation choices. At one point she said that even if there was other accommodation, it would be hundreds of pounds extra. What an insult.

I went back to apartment and cried. I decided to phone and try and speak to the manager. She sent a couple of ladies to inspect the accommodation, when we informed her about the noise and showed them the faults they agreed to move us to a cleaner, better maintained apartment. We were still concerned about the noise but as this had sealed windows felt we may get some sleep.

We were awoken again during the night and had to call the night team. I got into bed with my daughter who had also been woken up. Her bed felt damp and smelt musty, upon inspection the mattress was damp (urine) it did not even have a mattress cover on it. This really is unforgivable and Butlins should be ashamed that its housekeeping teams cannot carry out basic checks.

I didn’t see the value in complaining to reception again, and moved my daughter into my bed.

In summarising the quality and service offered is disgusting and a disgrace. Treating people in this way is wrong on so many levels. The amount charged for our holiday was more expensive that centre parcs, (our usual short break of choice). The inaccurate advertising on the website ruined our weekend. I was willing to give Butlins a try but the whole experience is poor, the accommodation filthy, and state of repair a disgrace.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Deborah F
Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We booked our weekend away months ahead of time peter Andre and guests were headlining the weekend, it was a great atmosphere loads to see and do. Great value for money. We stayed half board the food and drinks were great, lots of choice and good standard of food, drinks were good value, entertainment was fab! Would recommend this weekend to any one it's our second time and we had a fab time

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank alw772004
Reviewed November 19, 2012

went for the peter andre weekend but came home a night early because of the accomidation,food, and a certain booking staff. we were only offerd a standard room so got rubbish seat for peter andre, which we were told were first come first served which was not the case, so we were miss sold, we spoke to some people who payed £40 each on the day and they got front row seats, so we complained they fobbed us off, that night at the concert we were in the right row but apprently we wernt the lady went to us and said not you again, she also szaid that a metal structure was not an obstruction but to me it is, we couldnt actually see peter preforming and we payed just under 400 pounds and a lot of people on our row were complaining becuase they were miss sold , but i can not fault the peter andre preformance and micheal andres DJing and the enfusiasum of the red coats they were very good at pleasing the audiance. its ok for stag and hen weekends but not for familys.

Room Tip: u only get a good room if u r premier or gold
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just came back from the butlins wwe weekend and I was in shock simple amazing we booked room only and got upgrade to a full bungalow when we got there. The food in the food court was super can not complain everything for anyone in there . The wwe show itself was my first time watching it and I was anazed how good it was all they done ur properly with all the big names and stars really good . The rest of the camp was amazing so clean and so much to do we were never bored at all so many bars fruit machines donds food places just kept us constantly busy really . Would 100% recommend butlins to anyone if it a family week or a special weekend like we went to . The only annoying thing is that we forgot to book for the next year but as soon as they release the break to the public ill be straight in there well done butlins keep up the great work guys

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank taker2012
ButlinsResorts, Customer Care at Butlins Minehead Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your holiday to Butlins Minehead.
It’s great to read you were in shock when you arrived (in a good way!). I’m glad we were able to surprise you when you arrived for your WWE break, including the upgrade to the bungalow and food.
It’s so nice that even though you came to see the wrestling you were able to have wander around the resort to explore what else there was to see and do and I’m glad you were kept fully entertained throughout your break.
It's great you’re thinking of coming back next year and would be happy to recommend us to friends and family, look forward to hearing more from you in 2013.
Kind regards,