4,284 results
All reviews silver apartment premium dining red coats yacht club tots pizza hut skyline gang self catering food package food court dining package skyline pavilion swimming pool wave machine splash waterworld lazy river standard apartment
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I was rather apprehensive about staying in Butlins at Minehead after reading some of the reviews and seeing some of the photos on Tripadvisor. However my husband and myself found Butlins to be spotless and the staff very helpful and friendly. The Yacht Club food was very nice with plenty of choice. Even when it was busy the queue moved very quickly and the staff were constantly cleaning tables, equipment etc. Our silver accommodation (Pacific Wharf) was close to everything, the bed was very comfortable and the chalet very quiet. The entire weekend was amazing - we love Madness and to see them two nights in a row, well we were in heaven! The nutty train was already hilarious and then the streaker appeared - I laughed so much my sides were sore!

I will definitely be travelling to Butlins again for one of their weekends.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FoxyBowiseDublin
Reviewed November 29, 2011

our standard room was far too small for me and my son, it was just a double bed with NO room to move around, in order to change i had to pay an addtional £150.00 for an apartment that was dirty, with grumby carpet and furniture.
we went there for the wwe event, we were give the worst seat there, out view was completely blocked by a metal pole they had put up. when I told a member of staff they told they cant do anything and if i was not happy then i could complain in the morning. which i was not happy about. when i did complain i was just given a ref no. and that is it. i had prepaid for our food but there was no vegiterian or halal option availble.
I had paid £700 for the weekend and it was like I throw my money away. never again will I return to BUTLINS!!!! EVER

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lipi B
ButlinsResorts, Butlins Customer Care Advisor at Butlin's Minehead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Minehead resort.

I’m sorry to hear that your break didn’t meet your expectations. It seems the layout of your accommodation and the seating arrangements weren’t explained properly to you at the time of booking, so to clarify, the higher the grade of accommodation you book the better seats you’ll be allocated for the WWE shows.

If you feel like your complaint wasn’t dealt with satisfactorily during your break then please email Butlins.holidays@bourne-leisure.co.uk and our customer care team can look into things further for you.

I do hope you change your mind about coming back and choose to stay with us again – we’d love to have the opportunity to show you how enjoyable a Butlins break can be.

Kind regards,

Scott

Butlins Customer Care

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Six of us went to see Madness perform their new album and all their old hits at Butlins and what a fantastic weekend it was. Four of us went for a two bedroom standard self catering as it was really only to get our heads down and a place to get ready. I went armed with a bag of cleaning material after reading some of the reviews before i went but was very surprised to find it spotless. There were a couple of bits missing like a tin opener and a fork but we asked a member of staff for a fork and we bought a tin opener so really it was no problem. Our block was quite quiet as we were quite far back near the spa shop, bit of a walk when you are merry but it was fine. The staff were very prepared and helpful for thousands of people arriving at the same time , there was hardly any waiting to check in. The standard of food in the pub was very good and good value for money. We would all do it again as it was a great weekend. The Madness boys were fantastic as usual , hope they do it again next year.

Room Tip: If you are a large party try to get seperate apartments as the bathrooms are very small .
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

It was with some trepidation that we decided to book at Butlins at Minehead for the Madness 'House of Fun' weekend. There were 18 of us in 3 apartments, a four bedroom, 3 bedroom & a two bedroom. Thanfully we decided to go for the Gold apartments which were close to the car parking and the Skyline Pavilion. We stayed in the 4 bed which also had 3 bathrooms. They were generally quite clean and the double beds were comfortable.
The kitchen could have been better equipped with only minimal cooking utensils & a useless tin opener - we only ate in for breakfast so managed with what we had. The entertainment was great for the Madness themed weekend but drink prices are high - bring plenty of your own & have a few in your apartment.
Overall an enjoyable weekend but make sure you book at least the Gold accomodation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2011

been to butlins for few times and will not be going back it is more like that
Jeremy Kyle Show and it is full Hillbillies talking about kids haveing kids