4,235 results
All reviewssilver apartmentpremium diningred coatsyacht clubtotspizza hutskyline gangself cateringfood packagefood courtdining packageskyline pavilionswimming poolwave machinesplash waterworldlazy riverstandard apartment
Reviewed August 14, 2011

its been years since we'd been to butlins came back with the grandchildren, we all had a great time .accomadation was excellant ,entertainment as well. coming back in october half term.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Well where do I start,

Last minute deal, long weekend Fri-Mon, GOLD apartment Strawberry 201, the deal we got Self Catering £294 family of four,
I have always been one for why waste money on Britian when you can have a Sun Holiday abroad, always been one to turn my nose up on Butlins cringing at the thought, now I am so wrong, Butlins is absoloutley the place for the family,

Accomodation, immaculate, very clean and very modern, No complaints.
Our toaster didnt work but was replaced within the hour,
Even with self catering house maid made the beds and emptied the bins.

The facilities throughout the complex were spotless, although we did ask a few staff members some directions and found limited English, I did notice the Housemaids were of Polish accent, but as I said before we do like to travel abroad and this was usually the case there also.

The location of the complex was very good, with the seaside directly outside and Morristons, Tesco and McDonalds all within a 5 minute walk.

Danyl Johnson X Factor was the highlight of my 8yr old Daughter and her friends stay. Managed to get right at front of stage, signed poster and a hug, staff very family friendly and very controlled.

There are a few hidden costs but if your a family on a budget there are activity leisure passes that you can pre-purchase to save a few pound. We did this and it was up to the kids what order they wished to do.

TOP TIP,
Shop around on the net first, we got the deal cheaper than the silver accomodation deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ButlinsResorts, Public Relations Manager at Butlin's Minehead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely review of your stay at Minehead. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your break and that it was better than you expected, we do love it when that happens!

I'm glad your daughter enjoyed seeing Danyl Johnson - we've had some really good feedback about his performances, he's such a great entertainer.

Thanks also for your comments about the leisure passes. We created the passes in response to guest feedback which told us how important it is to you to keep costs to a minimum on your break, especially in the current climate - so I'm glad you felt they represented good value.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review. I hope we'll be welcoming you and your family back very soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We went to Butlins Minehead on a 3 night stay for about £250 in a standard self-catering apartment. We found the check in quick and easy but our room was quite a walk from the car park (at least they had luggage trolleys). We found the apartment reasonably clean and tidy with a small television and two bedrooms even though we did find coffee stains on the duvet covers and curtains (huh?). We all loved the amazing skyline pavilion but the arcade can eat a hole in your purse! Also found a small group of teens
had gotten into the kids favourite machine and taken all of the tickets
and cashed them in for an iPod dock or something so there was a bit of
dissapointment there but oh well...
The gift shops had an excellent
selection of gifts from socks to
inflatable rubber guitars so we came home with quite a few souviniers. There were alot of places to eat and drink including the kids favourite pizza hut as well as burger king, the sun and moon pub, and the bakery which did fab paninis!
The splash waterworld was definitely the best part even though the queues for some of the flumes were very long. The entertainment wasn't really our cup of tea as I have a shy 11 year old girl and a 9 year old boy who isn't into many things but I would Reccomend the entertainment for the younger guests. The funfair did have some amazing rides but the kids were too small for them so we couldn't really go on them but we did all love the beach opposite and it was free as alot pf the activities cost money, 15 minutes on a bouncy castle £2! By the third night we were all tired and we had had enough of it by now so we drove home at around 3pm as if we've stayed we would have spent another night in that apartment, had breakfast and gone home. How nice it felt to be back in our own beds!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Hi
Just a line to let you know how we enjoyed the Holiday, The food was excellent, also the fun fair for the grandchildren, We have been all over the world Australia, Singapore, Mexico,Dubai in 5Star Hotels, and the foood at Butlins was BETTER !!YES BETTER.
FULL COMPLIMENTS TO EVERYONE. We shall be returning in the near future. The SECURITY Was second to none, We will recommend this to all our friends.

Thanks for a GREAT HOLIDAY.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay at Butlins Minehead. I'm so pleased you enjoyed the food and felt it compared well to other places you've stayed around the world. I'll be sure to pass your lovely comments to the food team on resort.

It's great to hear you would recommend Butlins to friends. All the advertising and marketing in the world isn't as powerful as a personal recommendation, so we're ever so grateful that you would do this.

Thanks once again for your review - I hope we'll be welcoming you back to Minehead very soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

This was our first time to Butlins & to be honest my expectations were not very high. We booked a last minute deal half board at an amazing price. From the moment we arrived we were extremely impressed. The accomodation was modern, clean & very comfortable. The staff were helpful, friendly & knowledgable. The buffet restaurants had a great choice of food at breakfast & dinner & was really good quality & fresh. The range of day & evening activities & entertainment was amazing. My kids loved the X factor & Britains Got Talent shows & were thrilled to meet the contestants & have photos taken with them. There really was something for everyone, if you can get the kids out of the pool & off the flumes! The prices in the shops, bars & restaurants on site were very reasonable, I really didn't notice any mark-up which surprised me. We can't recommend it enough & will definitely be back next summer if not sooner!

Room Tip: We had silver accomodation- very clean, modern & comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Butlins Minehead. It's great to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of your break and that your children felt it was their best holiday ever - brilliant! I'll make sure I pass your comments to all the team on resort - they'll be so glad you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to resort soon.