4,283 results
All reviews silver apartment premium dining red coats yacht club tots pizza hut skyline gang self catering food package food court dining package skyline pavilion swimming pool wave machine splash waterworld lazy river standard apartment
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Not a family atmosphere at this Butlins. Staff not very friendly at all, quite disinterested in fact. There is no culture or feeling of fun amongst the Butlins team and this rubs off. With a family of two kids (and one new born), we were hoping for some R+R in a friendly atmosphere - this was not the experience at Minehead. We have been to Bognor (so this is not a dig at Butlins) and we really enjoyed it. Butlins needs to inject some of the Bognor culture of fun and helpfulness into its Minehead resort!!

Room Tip: if you have a newborn, make sure you insist on a ground floor apartment. Getting up metal stairs (with a pushchair) is not easy.
3  Thank Veggie1308
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Just arrived back from butlins expecting it to be dire but it turned out to be one of our best family holidays ever! The staff were so friendly, kind and helpful and the food in the yacht club was lovely and well worth the upgrade cost. We stayed in gold accommodation and we were very pleased with the facilities in the room. The kids thought it was amazing and they loved the free funfair, swimming and all the other activities. There is no way they could have become bored. Just wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Just returned from a 3 night break and I have to say I had my reservations about going to Butlins, but we had a great time. We were looking for a cheap family weekend break away and this ticked all the boxes, within budget with lots of things to do if the weather let us down. I travelled with my parents and 14 year old daughter. We stayed in a Gold Apartment, it was clean and comfortable. We were self catering, there is a Spar shop on the complex, but we used the Morrisons across the road as found this to be cheaper. We enjoyed the evening entertainment, yes it was cheesey at times, but good fun and they really do give it their all to make sure you have a great time. Everything is priced reasonably from eating out to the chargeable activities such as the Cinema and bowling (we went bowling after 10 pm as it only cost £3 ea a game). There are some nice things to do outside of the complex such as taking the open top bus to Lynton and Lynmouth and some lovely walks in the area. We took the steam train to Dunster and visited the castle and medieval village which was wonderful. I would highly recommend this for a cheap, fun, family weekend break that won't cost the earth! The only down side was that we were woken up at 6 am every morning when they started emptying the bins.

Room Tip: All the apartments are in 3 storey blocks, all with similar view of gardens.
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just returned from a long weekend, 2 adult 1 teenager, the greeting by the Redcoats and reception staff where excellent and just what we needed after a nightmare journey. We have not been to Butlins in Minehead for a lot of years and there have been a lot of improvements. All the staff are very enthusiastic and friendly and keen to make your Holiday enjoyable. Cleanliness everywhere is good... You get what you pay for so if you want extra you will need to upgrade to get it. There will always be things that you can find fault in if you look for it. I would have preferred to have upgraded to the Yacht Club restaurant because I prefer table clothes, glasses and a bit of pampering when on holiday, The Coral Beach restaurant is very No Frills where you need to get everything yourself even the salt & Pepper. The Accommodation was clean and the beds comfortable. There is plenty of entertainment for all the family no matter what the weather you should have no reason to be bored - Prices charged for everything are affordable.

Room Tip: You will get what you pay for : Choose standard and thats what you get - want extras Upgrade to get it.
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband, 2 children and I found a deal on the Butlins website for £129. This included a 2 bed apartment (Silver) and included dinner bed and breakfast for all 4 of us for 2 nights. I was sceptical at first because of other peoples idea about Butlins but we was on a real budget and desperately wanted to take the children away. Needless to say it exceeded my expectations. We loved it, there was so much to do and the food was wonderful. As long as your expectations are not unrealistic this is an amazing place to go. It was a little noisy in the evenings but nothing that you couldn't block out. What a bargain, I would advise anyone to take a trip and will be returning within the year.