4,281 results
All reviews silver apartment premium dining red coats yacht club tots pizza hut skyline gang self catering food package food court dining package skyline pavilion swimming pool wave machine splash waterworld lazy river standard apartment
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband, 2 children and I found a deal on the Butlins website for £129. This included a 2 bed apartment (Silver) and included dinner bed and breakfast for all 4 of us for 2 nights. I was sceptical at first because of other peoples idea about Butlins but we was on a real budget and desperately wanted to take the children away. Needless to say it exceeded my expectations. We loved it, there was so much to do and the food was wonderful. As long as your expectations are not unrealistic this is an amazing place to go. It was a little noisy in the evenings but nothing that you couldn't block out. What a bargain, I would advise anyone to take a trip and will be returning within the year.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

whilst the intial cost for 1 adult and 1 child were good it was only when walking around the site, seeing how expensive the food/entertainment/drinks etc. were did it hit home how poor value for money this trip was going to be. the room was basic to say the least, not even a tray to put your cups/coffee/teabags on, no mini fridge to keep your drinks/milk cool/ tv without a remote and without freeview only had the old 1,2,3,4,5 channels as well as ceebies and butlins tv, on top of which with no aircon and a lack of fresh air in the room because of the small window it was stifling in the warmth of the day/night. everywhere you look there is a place to spend your hard earned cash with tenpin bowling at £9 per game which had to be booked the day before because reservations had already been taken on all the lanes, pool £3.50 for 30 mins, go karting at £10 for 5 mins drive, soft drinks in the bar at £1.80+ for less than a pint, vending machine crisps and choc at top prices, the list goes on....seems to me that they are using the "in" phrase of 'reducing our carbon footprint' as an excuse for reducing the comfort and enjoyment of guests whilst costs go up.

1  Thank mancmarky
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I went to the minehead butlins on my own with two kids 5 and 7. Make sure you get a grond floor appartment if you go. Dont eat outside attack of the killer seaguls. When we arrived the beds were dirty and had been soiled and used as well as the towles. Dont let your kids out of your site as the park itself is unsafe with building works. There is alot of slot machines with tickets to be won this will cost you a lot of money and there is only pound shop prizes to be won it cost me £300.00 to win a couple of toys for my kids. The centre stage is over crowded and easy to loose your kids as soon as you get in you are faced with light sabers and twirly light things again pound shop stuff sold at harrods prices. The lesiure and action pass is a rip off £20 for one go on a few things and bowling. If there is four of you then you will be spending a lot of money and dissapointed. There is a bar called sun and moon that serves food dont bother with this one the food is cold and burnt with realy bad service the red coats and staff do not speak great english you can see how they want to save money there. The fun fair is more for 12 and up only trampolines and tug boat are available for kids. Beer and food is realy expensive there so my advice is go to TESCO round the corner from butlins it will save you alot. The steps to the appartment are not safe for kids and my kids had two accidents on them when wet thay are deadly!!!!. car parking is realy bad so if you travel a long way and your are tired when you get there you have to park up and go on a mad hunt for a trolly then try a lug all your stuff up 4 flights of stairs "not good" . The public toilets there are dirty do they have a cleaner?? be careful when going into one of these with kids. The golf and kids go karts you have to pay for one day the go karts was £2.00 per person then £5.00 then £1.00.. The swimming pool is danger and some they have a wave machine in there and small kids get swept in easy I seen a life guard save a small kid after getting swept in and a couple told me it had happend to them afew days befor. The dingy water shoot has a long que and kept braking down when i was there a member of staff said it was always like this. I felt sorry for the people in buget and the shallys as the bins were left outside and the seaguls had opened them leaving rubbish all over the place. My advice is stay away grab a flight somwere it is cheaper and safer.

1  Thank chrissophie
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Excellent entertainement at family level. Watersplash is the strength of the resort so if you are watershy it becomes a problem.
The silver bungalow accommodation was low level than advertised, hence disappointed. The accommodation was either cigaret smel embeded or the bedding had been used by a heavy smoker. So you can imagine what it means if you do not enjoy smoking.
While we as parents struggled with this smell, our son could not be stopped to be at watersplash rides.
The beach was marvelous

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Butlins minehead lived up to far above our expectations.. absolutely amazing place, plenty to do if you want to spend a busy day for all ages.. or if u would prefer to relax then that is also easy to do.. the evening entertainment was far better than we thought it would be.. with plenty of choice too.. and a quality of entertainment far greater than we have ever seen at the many holiday resorts we have been too.. good value for money and somewhere we will be going to a lot more.. the resort was clean and well run.. considering the amount of people staying on the resort when we were there.. I would recomend it to anyone..