4,234 results
All reviewssilver apartmentpremium diningred coatsyacht clubtotspizza hutskyline gangself cateringfood packagefood courtdining packageskyline pavilionswimming poolwave machinesplash waterworldlazy riverstandard apartment
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Butlins minehead lived up to far above our expectations.. absolutely amazing place, plenty to do if you want to spend a busy day for all ages.. or if u would prefer to relax then that is also easy to do.. the evening entertainment was far better than we thought it would be.. with plenty of choice too.. and a quality of entertainment far greater than we have ever seen at the many holiday resorts we have been too.. good value for money and somewhere we will be going to a lot more.. the resort was clean and well run.. considering the amount of people staying on the resort when we were there.. I would recomend it to anyone..

Reviewed July 30, 2011

standard rooms with bath have a droning noise from the boiler room and also have droining noise from the pipes.
people with young children will be kept awake most of the night from the droning noise or the children will not be able to sleep.
I have an autistic daughter who is sensitive to noise and was not told about there might be noise from the boiler room at check in.
apart from that Butlins Minehead is a great place to go as the beach is right out side the resort and there is lots to do inside and out side of Butlins.
Just ask questions about your room at check in.

Room Tip: not get standard rooms with bath
1  Thank mosher1971
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have just arrived back after spending a week at Butlin's Minehead. Overall it was a very good holiday and I have re- booked again for Summer 2012. After reading some of the reveiws on this site and other travel review sites regarding an outbreak of the sickness (and worse) virus that others had picked up during their stay at Butlins Minehead I was more than a little concerned that we may pick up a nasty bug that would spoil our holiday. Luckily we didn't pick up anything and our holiday was fine. I took anti- bacterial wet wipes and a handbag sized anti bacterial hand gel as a procaution though. Butlin's were really on the ball with stoping the spread of germs, as there were automatic, no touch hand sanitizer pumps squirting out anti bacterial gel everywhere on the resort. Dinner, Bed and Breakfast guests were also subjected to having their hands sanitized by resturant staff before they were allowed to go ahead and choose their food.

We stayed in a silver plus room, as we booked quite last minute all the gold accomadation had sold out ! So if you definately know that you want a gold appartment or deluxe lodge or room do not book with only a few weeks to spare as I did. Book well in advance. The check in process was very smooth and quick too. I won't write and prentend that our silver plus room was as good as staying in a gold appartment, but it was spotlessly clean, the bedrooms were spacious and we were located very near to the Dinner Bed and Breakfast Resturant and the Skyline pavillion. We did not have very far to walk for our meals and to the entertainment and other facillities. My only gripe with our accomadation was that we did not have any comfortble chairs to sit on ( just a wooden one) and the beds were a little hard. Other than that it was fine.

The Food Court ( Ocean Drive) for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast guests was clean and tidy over all, however, as it got busier the staff had difficulty in clearing empty plates and wiping tables quickly enough, though they tried their best. Seeing empty plates of left over and unwanted food was not a pleasent site. Arriving for breakfast or dinner early helps to minimise the sight of discarded plates of food. The food was passable and there was a choice of main dishes, but the same main courses were repeated throughout our seven night stay. The meat choices for a roast dinner do not come from a carved joint of meat, so if you like eating 'proper' meat then I would say do not have the roast dinner option. The 'soft' ice cream machine was a big hit though. I was expecting difficulties in finding a table, but we did not have any problems.

The entertainment was good, but is repeated at least once, if not twice during a seven night stay! Centre Stage and Reds, as you would expect were very busy, so you needed to be in the queue for when the doors opened at 6.30 PM to get a (good) table! Both Centre Stage and Reds can hold a lot of people, but both were full to capacity every night. This was especially so for the main shows each night (starting at 7.30PM), such as BGT, 75th Butlin's Anniversary show and the Lazy Town Show. Drinks as you would expect in to find in Butlins are quite expensive. Centre Stage was very hot to the point where it was becoming uncomfortable. The Redcoats were up to their usual jovial mischeif and mayhem that young children find hilarious. Redcoat Paul was excellent in entertaining the children and the Skyline gang were also very good, especially the cast members, who had to dress up in character as 'Dude' and Candi. Some redcoats are not friendly. I noticed children going up to talk to redcoats in the skyline and being ignored. Others looked throughly bored, when they had to do party dances or interact with kids. One of the highlights of my child's week was the redcoats doing the party dances, especially 'chocolatte' I know they do it day in and day out but kids expect the redcoats to be smiley, happy and talkative 24/7. On a positive note it was great to see the redcoats in the original redcoat uniform that consisted of a white skirt or trousers and white shoes. Much, Much better than the black trousers and white/ red tee-shirt combo of previous years. I hope butlins keep the traditional redcoat uniform.

Queues for the splash waterworld and the fun fair were long, but I was impressed with the safety aspect. I was not impressed by having to pay £ 2.00 a time for the bouncy castle and driving school. I wish Butlins would reduce the arcade area in the skyline and get rid of those yellow tickets as prizes. My little one wanted to keep puting money into the arcade machines in order to win tickets that could then be swapped for a (tacky, rubbish) prize. Most prizes had a high ticket value that would be totally unrealistic for a child to obtain during a seven night holiday.

Butlin's is a child's paradise, but it is expensive and if you are going you will need quite a lot of money, because the days when most things are free are well and truly over. Inspite of the high prices I still think it is a fantastic place for families and my children can't wait until next time!

Room Tip: Pay for the best accomadation and Dinner Bed and Breakfast option you can afford!
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Accommodation was clean and tidy with everything we needed provided, the resort was great, I took 3 young children and there was so much for them to do, shows, swimming and the fun fairs kept them entertained, I also felt very safe, the children were able to sit and watch shows while we sat back and relaxed and a redcoat was alway close by. I booked half board and was really impressed by the quality and service in the food hall, my expectations were quite low to be honest, but the food was great, with alot of choice, and the staff were great, very helpful and obviously working very hard. I was very impressed by how clean the whole resort was, everywhere we went there were people tidying and cleaning, the seating areas and toilets were always spotless. There are activities and events for older children too and when my children are older I will have no worries about letting them go off to do these activities by themselves, overall it's the perfect safe and entertaining place for families and I will defiantly be going back

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have been to Butlins Minehead for many years. We usually have a 3 or 4 night break. Experience has taught us to only stay in the Gold or Deluxe accomodation. Far nicer accomodation and a much better dining experience in the Yacht Club.

In the Deluxe suite you get a seperate lounge, bathroom with shower, 2 bedrooms, patio with furniture and personal parking space.

Facilities onsite are great, with the majority being free.

We also like to go off site, beach is lovely and if you walk up into the town (about 10 mins) there are some good shops.

Drinks on-site are expensive but we usually take our own!

Room Tip: Go for Gold or Deluxe accomodation, its worth the extra!
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family