“A must visit”

The Toucan Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Minehead
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Description: Est. in 1982, Toucan Wholefoods is a natural health store and café located in the lively seaside town of Minehead. Winner of Best Independent Health Store 2014. We stock organic fruit, vegetables, bread, dairy, alcohol and other produce from local certified producers; a comprehensive range of wholefoods and foods for special diets, teas and drinks, herbs and spices, delicious snacks, a tasty vegetarian takeaway counter and lots of chocolate too! We also stock herbal and vitamin supplements, earth-friendly household cleaners, natural body care and baby care products. On our 1st floor we run a wholefood, vegetarian café offering organic fair trade coffee and tea, smoothies, fresh juices, delicious salads and home cooked cakes and flapjacks. Located on the 2nd floor are complementary therapy rooms where fully qualified and experienced therapists practice.
San Francisco
“A must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lovely food, lovely ambiance, best veggie food ever. Eat in or takeaway. Good value for money too. I eat here regularly now you cant beat it

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rileymorgan

“Decent food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great food at a reasonable price with understanding staff that cater to my intolerances.
I'm currently eating the Moroccan Chickpea Soup (which is to die for) whilst using the free wifi to write this review, what else can I say?

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kforeilly
Taunton, United Kingdom
“wandering with a Toucan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Good coffee (mine was a filter) reasonably priced and scrumptious home-made cakes. It is on the first floor and don't be put off by thinking it is full up as there are other seating areas to be had. I think go here most particularly if you are a veggie but we carnivores are well served too.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank paula b
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious, reasonably priced cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was our first time in Toucan since they opened the café upstairs, and we had a wonderful lunch. Our son loved the children's menu platter, which let him choose six tasty items, including their outstanding hummous, which he shared a bit. We split the quesadilla and the beetroot, spinach and goat's cheese flan, and while these were both delicious, the mixed salad included with both was a rare treat. It includes grated beetroot and carrots parts, with unusually good seasonings to go with it all. We also had the fresh beetroot, spinach, carrot and apple juice and a smoothie, and loved both of them. Dessert and and an espresso were also very good.

This was the most like a Berkeley, California-style eating experience that I've encountered in England, in a comfortable and spacious setting, at very reasonable prices, and the food is made with ingredients from the whole foods shop downstairs. It was worth a trip back in the opposite direction on our trip home from West Somerset, and we'll look forward to stopping in again very soon. We can recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SurLyle
“Chilled out and relaxed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I'll start by saying I love my meat and actually wanted Fish & Chips (its what you do at the sea side!!). My wife, even though not vegetarian, does like to try veggie stuff and as it was her holiday as well as mine, in we went.
The salad I had was really nice (don't tell my mates I've just eaten salad!) and very good value. The cafe is a small room that had a 'living room' feel to it and I you get the feeling you could just go in and 'chill' for the whole afternoon.
Go on, buck the trend, try it. You might like it (and I won't tell on you if you don't tell on me!).

• Visited August 2013