“A good choice”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Based our decision on previous reviews on a unplanned visit and we were not disappointed , menu had some staes and some surprises and the food was good and costs reasonable
Well worth a try

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went here with evening with some friends for dinner, service was very good, very friendly, we had starters that included Prawns, Brie, Mushrooms, all very good.For main I opted for Rump Steak (medium rare), looked nicely cooked, but trying to cut through it even with a sharp steak knife was bordering on the ridiculous at times, it wasn't tough, just had some thick strands of sinew fat running through it, really poor quality meat.My partner had the Fillet and she couldn't praise it high enough, another had the Gammon, again faultless.I've seen another review criticizing the rump, the Restaurant is very nice, but please change your supplier for this cut of beef!!

(One other criticism I must mention were the chips were rather insubstantial, two many small crispy bits and not enough chunky ones)

Recommended, but avoid the Rump!

1  Thank georgevader
Reviewed April 18, 2013

With a large group, we all had great food. The pavlova's only fault was when my plate was clear; simply gorgeous! Great service and well worth the £15.00.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant for lunch. Very nice ambiance. We had ham salad and bacon and brie baguette. Very pleasant, especially the home cooked ham for my salad. We spoke to the owners who cook the ham themselves and the amount given was very generous. We would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant, both for food and surroundings, also good value for money.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

we visited the wheelhouse last week whilst on holiday at minehead.
lovely homecooked food, staff were very poliet and helpful and the childrens meals were great value for money.
will be visiting again on our next visit :)