“Bournemouth boy”

Mullions Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 92 Restaurants in Minehead
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Bournemouth boy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

we arrived at 12.30 and were greeted by the owner we were sat in lovely leather chairs while we looked at the menu we choose the 2 for £10 menue we ordered Meatballs mash & peas & ham egg and chips when our meals arrived it was hugh two big Meatballs on a bed of mash ant the ham was proper ham it was a struggle to eat the meal but we then ordered lemon meringue pie with clotted cream this was to FAB,overall the food and service was excellent. we will be back.

• Visited November 2012
Ian H, Manager at Mullions Restaurant, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi Robert
Thank you for your comments on our food and service, it's good to here you enjoyed your meal with us and look forward to seeing you again soon when you return to sunny Minehead (lol )

Surrey England
“A warm welcome and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We ate here on a Saturday night recently.It was probably about half full during the course of the evening.
The owner greeted us and showed us to a table by the window.He was extremely pleasant and helpful in advising us of choices.
My husband started with brie wedges in breadcrumbs which looked very nasty.He said they were good.I had game terrine which was excellent,served with plenty of warm toast and butter in a little dish,not those horrid little packs.
For mains we both had chicken breasts.These were sliced in three,each piece being wrapped in ham.This was very good.
I didn't think I could manage a dessert but after the suggestion that we have a little rest,we decided we could just about manage something.Husband had clotted cream rice pudding and was offered the choice of jam or fruit compot I believe..I had 'chocolate sin' which was beautifully presented.I was offered the choice of ice cream,clotted cream or double cream to accompany this.
We finished our meals with an espresso each.
There was a nice 'buzzy' atmosphere in the restaurant but the noise was never loud or distracting.
The attention to detail made this place a little bit special--fresh flowers on the table,as mentioned,butter in a dish, and I was told when the heating went on,as one heater was near me,to feel free to just switch it off if I became too hot.
I would certainly return here if in Minehead again.

• Visited October 2012
Hi Mummygoat
Thank you for your lovely review, its so nice when people enjoy there meals with us and leave feeling we made their evening that bit special.....I do hope your husband found our brie wedges tasty. And look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Minehead
cornwall england
“a friendly restaurtant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

good tasty food nice and clean and friendly staffwell worth a visitif you like good restaurtants this is the place to go

Visited October 2012
Ian H, Manager at Mullions Restaurant, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Hi Zeta
Glad you enjoyed your visit to Muliions we take great pride in our customer service and look forward to your next visit to Minehead
Taunton, United Kingdom
“I took a friend out for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

A friend recently had her birthday and has been ill for a long time and this was her first outing for nearly 2 years. We travelled on the West Somerset Railway and then I took her to Mullions for lunch. I had researched the place and it is handily close to the railway station. We were not disappointed. My friend had beer batter fish and chips and I had the sirloin steak. We both had the chocolate sin pudding ( to die for and a very generous portion!) and I also had a coffee. We really loved the food, the only fault being my lovely steak was more well done than medium but it was good nevertheless! I would certainly go there again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank LizzieLS
Ian H, Manager at Mullions Restaurant, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hi Lizzie
Thank you for your review I'm glad you enjoyed your meal I'm only sorry your steak was overcooked
I'm glad you enjoyed the Chocolate Sin, its only just go on the menu and proving very popular
look forward to seeing you again next time you come to Minehead
Ian and The Team
Watchet, United Kingdom
“Great food - great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm lucky, I live within 10 miles of Mullions and have visited on several occasiond with family and friends. The food is always fresh and cooked to taste! The service is very friendly and relaxed and the staff will accommodate variations to the menu, if possible - blackcurrant sorbet with a splash of creme de cassis - delicious! There are drawbacks such as having mussels as a starter and eating too much bread to soak up the sauce, must use a spoon in future! If you're visiting West Somerset or live in the area I would suggest you visit Mullions, if not for a meal try a coffee or afternoon tea.

• Visited September 2012
Hi Salderm I'm glad you enjoyed your mussel and bread promise not to give you so much next time....its always nice to see repeat business and you have started a new trend with the sorbert it tastes fantastic with cassis. look forward to seeing you again soon
regards