“Absolutely Wonderful - definately worth a visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kenella House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minehead
Kenella House
Ranked #5 of 38 Minehead B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdomingham, Alabama, USA
“Absolutely Wonderful - definately worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

This is the third year myself and my parents have stopped at Kenella House and it must be good for my Father to return year after year after year (as we are going again next year). Steve and Sandy welcome us like friends but this happened also on our first visit. They can not do enough to help you. Even if you are early and your rooms are not ready they let you check and then take your cases to your room later, so when you return all you need to do is un-pack and enjoy yourself. The ambience is so relaxing and friendly. I love historical things and staying at Kenella House is a dream for me. So far I have stayed in 3 of the 6 bedrooms; my parents always have the ground floor which is ideal for them. I just need to stop in the other 2 but you can’t really choose between them they are all wonderful, comfortable, clean, pleasant and everything you need from a Bed and Breakfast. I know it might sound corny but it is just like a home from home. The rooms provide everything you need, tea and coffee making facilities (with biscuits), toiletries in the bathroom, fresh towels, clean linen and even a teddy to keep you company – if like me you are on your own. There is nothing Steve and Sandy wouldn’t do to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. They even accommodate me for breakfast by giving me beans with the cooked breakfast. They are so friendly and it is not false, they seem really interested in what you are doing, have done etc. I would fully recommend Kenella House to anyone, Minehead is a good base for touring and has something for everyone from historic buses to steam trains but whatever you do during the day it is nice to come back to Kenella House for a good rest before starting another day sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bergen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I stayed in Kenella for 1 night with my wife. We were just passing through so we didnt have much interest in the place, we just needed a place for the night and it turned out absolutely amazing!! Steve and Sandy greeted us very warmly upon arrival late at night. They were both very friendly.
Our room was so beautiful! It was like entering a fairy-tale room... something like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. All was well taken care of, perfectly clean, tidy and beautiful. It is not my style, I would not have this decoration, but it was magical for a stay in the british countryside.
There was good heating, comfortable bed, nice sheets.
The bathroom was very good, and of course, spick and span. And there even were toiletteries!
In the morning, breakfast! Oh, my! It was great!!! I think we were the only guests that day, as soon as we came down they greeted us good morning, offered a large selection of things and cooked efficiently a great breakfast.
I know they can also help and arrange activities, but as said, we were just passing... so I cannot review that aspect. They were great! I totally recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Minehead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

We found this B & B just by luck as we had not intended to stay in the area but it was a lovely day so decided to stay over,the owners Steve & Sandy could not of been more helpful, the rooms are tastefully furnished & so clean every little detail has been thought of. The breakfast (this is where my husband is hard to please!) was superb again a high standard & even impressed my husband. We will go back & stay

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2009

We stayed for two nights whilst visiting the Dunster by Candlelight event. The room was extremely clean, nicely decorated and had everything we needed. Breakfast was great and there was a very friendly atmosphere. The location was excellent too, with only a two minute walk to the beach and a 5 minute drive into Dunster.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

I stayed in Kenella House at the end of May 2009 with my sister, at the start of a walking holiday. It is in a quiet street off the main road in Minehead, just a short walk from the seafront. The owners are very friendly and welcoming, and our room was lovely and spotlessly clean. The decor is traditional, and suits the house which I imagine is Victorian. There is off-street parking - very useful in the centre of Minehead. Our breakfast was cooked to order, and delicious.
I would recommend Kenella House to anyone wanting a quiet and comfortable place to stay in the centre of Minehead.

• Stayed May 2009