“Excelent service very pleasant”
Review of Tranmere House

Tranmere House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minehead
Tranmere House
Ranked #23 of 37 Minehead B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excelent service very pleasant”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had a very pleasant week in Minehead Tranmere House was all you could ask for Clean rooms, good food and plenty of it and very friendly, would certainly go back

Room Tip: The room we had was not large but big enough very clean and great shower in the en suite
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank compo10

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Shustoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2011

From the minute we we're welcomed at the door by Joy we knew we'd made the right choice choosing the tranmere. We stayed for only 2nights but didn"t want to leave the room was huge,clean and had the best shower ever in it! the breakfast was amazing it really set you up for the day. Joy and Andy the owners are really hospitable and friendly they'll leave you alone if you want but if you need any help or advice they're only to happy to help and advise. took our 4year old son with us they we're so friendly to him and some other children that we"re staying there. All in all a great hotel great location and will happily stay there again if I get the chance!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank easygoinfella
rome
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I went to Minehead for the day and decided to stay over, fortunately we were lucky enough to find Tranmere House. We hadn't stayed in a B&B/Guest House for a number of years, preferring Hotels, so we were pleased Joy and Andy were able to accommodate us at their lovely establishment. Joy made us welcome from the moment I rang the door bell. The room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. I am a big tea drinker and one of the problems I find with a lot of hotels and B&B's is they are miserly when it comes to Tea, Coffee and Milk in the room, you are lucky if you're able to stretch the little pits of milk to two cups each, but this was not the case with the Tranmere, they supplied enough of everything to enjoy 5 or 6 cups each. And the biscuits supplied were of the best quality.

Now that breakfast...wow! Don't bother with the plethora of cereals and fruit on offer, save the space for the amazing full english which will mean you won't need to eat for the rest of the day. That can also be said if you only have scambled egg on toast, as it must consist of 4 eggs.

All in all the Tranmere House is a wonderful place to stay for one night or several.

The Tranmere's location is very nice too, in a quiet road with plenty of on-road parking, though I believe they do offer off-road parking at the rear of the house, if requested.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank apehols
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2011

As I'm from Sussex and My family reside down in Somerset, My Dad and I have had trouble trying to find places to stay over the last eight years or so. About 4 years ago we tried Tranmere House and We've gone back every time since. They cater for anybody and never complain wether they are busy or quiet. Food is always excellent and the rooms are always beautifully prepared. Recently my Partner has started visting my family with us and this was potentially a problem but the owners made it easy by always giving us the best room for our needs. Will continue to use for years to come!!! Would rate above all other B&B's in area!

Room Tip: Tell them what you need!
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Good accommodation, room cleaned every day, very friendly and helpful hosts. Breakfast is amazingly good. We really recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
leicestershire
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Because of my job I have stayed in many faceless hotels worldwide with robots for staff. I have never considered staying in a smaller guest house type hotel. However I certainly will in the future. The welcome was genuinley warm and friendly. The room was spotless and homely, If I could have got the bed in my suitcase I would have taken it home with me. I can genuinely say that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

Chris Mantle