“By far the best”

The Smugglers Inn
Ranked #9 of 98 Restaurants in Minehead
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Smugglers Inn offers a cosy bar, a delightful restaurant and accommodation by the sea at Blue Anchor Bay in Somerset. We are on the edge of Exmoor and the Quantock hills and make a perfect base for walking holidays. The West Somerset steam railway runs through Blue Anchor and the station is just along the road at the end of the bay. Blue Anchor beach is a long sandy beach and is just across the road from the Inn.
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stayed local, the langbury, and the food at the Smugglers was brilliant (as soon as i could scrape my wife's chin off the floor). She fancied the Steak and Otter pie. But how can they taste the local Otter. By the time i explained OTTER was not otter, but the local brew, he got the message of Steak and ale pie.

I still laugh of my wife's vulnerability. Buth the two separate dinings were equally brilliant. Pity about the rest of the dining in north devon. PS check out the driftwood cafe, the best fish and chips for years!

1  Thank j0e90

Reviewed April 3, 2010

I don't know what it was I just felt rather uncomfortable in this place. It felt a bit like I was stepping into someone else's world and I wasnt totally welcome. I sensed some tension between staff. The girls waiting and on the bar were really great and the best thing about the place. The food was not bad, they made some mistakes with the order and appeared overwhelmed by a function elsewhere in the restaurant. Curry and rice could have been warmer and didn't taste fresh but overall the food I would give 6.5 out of 10. Oh and be prepared for enormous dogs wandering around the place in case you're not keen.

1  Thank Heisenberg_uk
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My family and a group of us were staying at blue Achor which was brilliant and on sunday we fancied a Carvery so 10 of us went to the Smuggler Inn for Dinner, The Carvery was £8.95 each, We had 2 toddlers with us aswell so we ask one of the staff members for cold plates to take to the carvery, the staff member was so unimpressed and stormed off and came back and slammed the plates on the table and walked off. We went to eat and the variety of vegtables were shocking, carrotts and sweetcorn wow over the food was very poor apart from the roast potatoes, after the food we made are way to the garden and we picked an umbrella up to move to our table, the tables which were falling apart, one of the girl staff came out and started shouting at us and being unpolite and told us to put the umbrella back . My advise would not to eat here due to the service the staff gave it was a ruin to our weekend over all we wasted over a £100

2  Thank Emma19821977
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We have been going to the smugglers for 3 years now. We own a caravan nearby and always visit the Smugglers. The food is excellent, the staff are very friendly and the customer care is first class. It has such a warm and welcoming feeling with beautiful surroundings. You cant beat the Sunday Carvery. Sit in the Garden overlooking the sea. It has such a relaxed feel about it and very family orientated and dog friendly too. If you want to chill, or a romantic meal or fun with the kids on the bouncy castle and not to forget the kids menu and vegetarian menu as well, this is the place to be. The menu has such a variety for all tastes. If you walk by, you are missing out. If you dont wish to eat, have a drink and watch the world go by. Recommend to anybody.

Sharon and Paul and kids,
Hertfordshire.

1  Thank shazy
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Visited recently with my family over the Spring Bank Holiday.

Food was great - a couple of us had their mussells to start - really good. Mains were also good - especially their chicken rissotto and salmon dishes. Certainly enough for people with good appetites. Kids meals also went down well too.

Service was very good - staff polite and attentive even though they were pretty pushed with the volume of customers.

1  Thank Jeff_PCoventryUK_