“Great Sunday Lunch”

The Smugglers Inn
Ranked #12 of 98 Restaurants in Minehead
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Smugglers Inn offers a cosy bar, a delightful restaurant and accommodation by the sea at Blue Anchor Bay in Somerset. We are on the edge of Exmoor and the Quantock hills and make a perfect base for walking holidays. The West Somerset steam railway runs through Blue Anchor and the station is just along the road at the end of the bay. Blue Anchor beach is a long sandy beach and is just across the road from the Inn.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Went here for sunday lunch and could not fault it, The food is all cooked fresh and was very tasty, plenty of it as well. Their was a good variety and the meat were all cooked very well.
Service was excellent and very attentive. Good value for money as well. Will go back.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Once again, a top notch meal! My husband and I had a baked camembert to share, then a 'fat Harry' burger, both of which were beautifully cooked and presented, staff were very friendly and welcoming!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

WOW!

First off, the food is absolutely incredible, and all made on site. Please, do yourself a favour if you end up there for a bite to eat... order something that comes with their gravy! That gravy was so good, I am not kidding. I must have mentioned their gravy to so many people, when I got back home, it's not funny. Also, if you can, go for the Sunday Roast, which is served early Sunday afternoon, where you can have your choice of slow cooked roast beef, glazed ham or turkey, along with yorkshire pudding, and a wide range of veggies to choose from. When I was there, I wished it was Sunday everyday, so I could have the roast!

The Landlord was super nice, and made us feel quite welcome there, and was great to chat with him about all kinds of things, including the pub and cottage themselves, Blue Anchor and surrounding areas, dogs (oh, he has such a sweet and gentle dog!), and just about anything you can think of. There were a couple of times I think I could have spent all night chatting with him and slow drinking either the local ale, or one of his huge variety of gins :) Also, he made it quite sure that if we ever needed anything in regards to making our cottage stay better, he would try to accommodate us, but was not needed, as we found the whole experience above and beyond our expectations.

You can tell that he treats his staff well, as they were always in a good mood and quite helpful, and it was obvious they were not just going through the motions... they indeed seem to enjoy what they were doing, took pride in their work, and were genuinely concerned about providing excellent service to the patrons... One of the chefs, (perhaps the head chef), has been working there for over 7 years, which to me, is a good indication that the work environment at "The Smuggler's" is top notch.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We booked a table for 4 people on New Year's Eve. The menu was varied and offers a wide selection of meat, fish and vegetarian options (majority of which were handmade). The mains were large and food was cooked to perfection, thoroughly enjoyed by us all. After our mains we decided we had to try the puddings and these were just as good as the mains. We all agreed that it was one of the best meals we had eaten in a long time and highly recommend this pub to everyone.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Table of 6 of us including children ate here after walking along the promenade. Only having Fish n chips we weren't very adventurous, but it was good enough, batter was light and crunchy, although the fish seemed a little soft, but then I do prefer Haddock. Service was not fast so if your expecting fast food then go somewhere else, we were not in a rush but had to wait around 30 mins for fish n chips. Wasn't a problem for us and think they were possible short staffed, during the holiday period (in-between Christmas and NEw Year) its hard to judge staff required I would imagine so not harping on about that one.

Decor is lovely although the tables and chairs are a little squashed in, the alcove we were in if you were first in you were definitely going nowhere, I can understand trying to get more seats in the place but shouldn't be at the expense of the comfort of guests, saying that it wasn't uncomfortable just squished.

Beer was well kept, wine was good. Lovely place to visit all in all and very friendly staff.