“Upset its taken me 18 months to get in there!”

Valle D'oro Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 191 Restaurants in Newbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This place had been recommended by virtually all my colleagues as a must visit restaurant. Only on Thursday did I decide I'd see if I could get a booking.

The food is incredible - their only problem is that the portions are enormous, I made the mistake of ordering pasta as a starter, after all the bread I'd eaten this meant I was pretty full by the time my veal arrived as a main.

The veal pizziola was amazing - tasted extremely fresh and seasoned to perfection.

I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Rob C
There are newer reviews for Valle D'oro Restaurant

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This place has not changed in 25 years which is excellent because they have got it so right! My wife and I go here when we want a 'guaranteed to be perfect' romantic night out. Never had a bad meal. Staff are awesome. Huge portions, Even have a sweet trolley! Never change please.

1  Thank KrendlerUK
Reviewed August 14, 2013

In a town overrun with generic chain 'Italian' restaurants; this place stands head and shoulders above the rest. Great/authentic menu and wine list, reasonable prices, friendly staff. Décor is dated, but I feel it adds to the individuality.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went to this restaurant because of reviews on trip advisor ,wish we hadn't of bothered . We booked over the phone and as soon as we arrived we wished we hadn't we were too polite to walk out so we waited to be seated right by the open door almost in the street , we were given seats right by a huge plant which was hanging on my husbands shoulder all night. The lady proprietress was very friendly that was the only positive of the night. Antiquated furniture cheap old crockery outdated decor small and pokey restaurant. Food was passable but you could do the same at home nothing like authentic Italian . You have to pay extra for potatoes and veg . Ordered a coke which came out of a 2lt plastic bottle and was flat. Very disappointing waste of hard earned money . If u r not fussy and want to wast money then it's a must visit !!!

4  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Walking into this restaurant is like going back to the 80's. However it is very comfortable and very friendly.

There were 7 of us all having something different and after sampling what each other had on their plates we can say that the food is absolutely delicious, some of the best italian food we have ever eaten. It is not the cheapest restaurant but neither the most expensive but when your food tastes this good you don't mind paying for it.

The portion sizes were huge, none of our group actually managed to finish their main meal.

We would definitely visit here again if in Newbury and would recommend to anyone. We got the impression that this is a family run restaurant and they were all very friendly.