All reviews the pub pub next door adjoining restaurant budget hotel great nights sleep tired and in need an evening meal good size breakfast was excellent room was spacious one night stay full english family room newbury races tea and coffee receptionist
Reviewed August 28, 2018

My partner and I traveled here for a wedding and stayed 2 nights. The service in both the bar and hotel is at best slow and incompetent and often rude. When we arrived the toilet in our room was dirty with fecal matter in the bowl (this was properly cleaned the next morning). The bar had no clean tables at 4:30 in the afternoon so we had drinks in the restaurant, not an issue apart from I was meeting family who were then intercepted and told they couldn't go to the restaurant without a booking. Check out was a farce with the bill not itemised and after rudely being told it was correct but if I had to see the breakdown i had to go the bar myself to get this, the same person serving me in the hotel cam through the sort the bill out. This took over an hour to do. There are so many decent hotels near here I woudl never stay again and would recommend anyone to look else where.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Although the hotel is tired, the staff are amazing. Always greeted with a smile and nothing was too much trouble, going out of their way to help. Breakfast was excellent quality, fresh and cooked to our liking

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2018

The room was infested with ants in the sink, on the bedside table, all over the desk counter and swarming all over the tea & coffee bowl. When I pulled back the duvet the bed had been slept in & I found 2 pubic hairs on the dirty sheets. In the loo there was a large skid mark in toilet & it was unflushed. So I slept on top of the duvet with a bathtowel over me. In the morning the ants were everywhere. At breakfast I poured a cup of coffee which was full of soapy bubbles. It was so disgusting. The manager was very apologetic & gave me a full refund but it did not compensate for a hellish night in a grungy hotel. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Room Tip: Always check the room and bedding first before booking
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank timeofthesixthsun
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Stayed just one night in a family room arriving at midday not at 2pm having previously arranged with reception. Found out for the first time on booking in an early arrival attracted a £15 room supplement! The room was big enough but the heater & 3 of the ceiling lights didn’t work. Our third bath towel was on the floor being used to keep the room door open! Despite complaints to reception the heater & lights didn’t get fixed but we did get a replacement towel. The ensuite smelt of something unpleasant 24/7, the shower water was dangerously hot. The cooked breakfast we enjoyed in the pub area surrounded by the original wooden beams & a midday checkout was welcome despite the cleaner being straight into the room even before we had time to close the door. Reasonably priced at £85 a night including breakfast but paid £105 as arrived 2 hours early. Don’t plan on staying here again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

No frills just a basic hotel room. Perfectly fine accommodation and excellent value for money.

No air conditioning but a fan was provided which was ok as the hot weather had subsided.

This used to be a Premier Inn and do some of the branding is still in place.

Check in and out service good.

Will use this place again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family