“Lovely food, great service”

Yo Wan Oriental Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
London
“Lovely food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went for a meal on Saturday night. Considering the restaurant's uninspiring location, it was very busy with every table occupied. We arrived quite early but were welcomed and our table was ready within 5 minutes. The staff were very attentive and helpful, the meal was delicious, and the atmosphere relaxed. The portions were very generous so don't over-order. The best Chinese restaurant in Newbury - we will be back.

1 Thank London452

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Standard Chinese Fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Yo Wan based on the excellent reviews it has received on this website and I must say, I was a little underwhelmed.
Essentially it's a Chinese takeaway in a restaurant setting - nothing wrong with that, I like a Chinese takeaway as much as the next man. I just didn't feel like I experienced anything unique.
The front of house team were absolutely superb. We were served by 3 or 4 different people, all of whom were charming, funny and very accommodating. We were also offered a "doggy bag", a nice touch I thought, as I can't stand to see food wasted.
We opted for one of the set menus at £20 per head. Very food value for money. Just don't make the mistake I did and order an extra portion of something - the portions are very large.
Will definitely visit again, but without such high expectations.

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Gets better and better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

A party of 20 of us had an excellent dinner here on a Tuesday night. My wife and I had visited once before and were so impressed that we recommended it to our supper club. Result? 20 very happy bunnies. Lots of very tasty, freshly cooked food served piping hot. A good selection of oriental beers, reasonably priced wines and friendly service.

Kintbury, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese Restaurant in Newbury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

A group of 12 of us visited this restaurant for a late Sunday lunch. The buffet was absolutely delicious with more choices than you could ever want. The atmosphere was first rate with very friendly attentive staff. Will definitely go back, in fact booked a table for my Mum and I one lunchtime before Christmas.

South of England
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have eaten here many times now and on every occasion the food and service have been excellent. Newbury has needed a really good Chinese restaurant for a long time and now we have one. The set menu is exceptionally good value and the drinks reasonably priced.