“Good food and nice atmosphere”
Review of Greenroom - CLOSED

Greenroom
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
berkshire
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Myself and a friend came for dinner on a Friday evening. I had heard about the restaurant and was excited about the menu as it all sounded yummy.
We both had the lamb kebab for starter, which both looked and tasted good. For the main course, I had the Thai green chicken curry and my friend had the Caribbean sausage. Both tasted really good and there was plenty on the plates.
Really nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly and welcoming.

• Visited April 2013

“good times”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Came with my family and had a very good time. The butternut squash and parmesan soup was lovely and my mother had the ribs, which was great. I couldn't decide what wine to have but they let us try it before buying! Lovely friendly atmosphere but the music was a bit loud. But they did turn it down when we asked. Will come back for drinks with friends as the bar area was lovely.

• Visited March 2013
Newbury
“Average!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

It's a real shame because what Newbury desperately needs is some decent restaurants. I suppose it could best be described as unimaginative. There was nothing wrong with it but it doesn't pass the so what test. I had a rack of ribs to start - no finger bowl and luke warm. My wife had smoked salmon and there was no dressing and it was just bland. Nit even to be offered black pepper or lemon is just poor. For the main course I had tuna steak which was very nice - but again luke warm. My wife had thai curry and I don't ever remember her adding salt to food but she said that was the only way it had any flavour. It cost about £40 for the food and for that price it was disappointing. I had to pour my own wine - including the first glass and I was not invited to try the wine. I hope they sort this out because we badly need something like this in Newbury.

2 Thank sjonesgb
“Very relaxed and welcoming”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Have been meaning to visit for quite a while, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was so nice. You can just pop in for just a drink or have one of their top quality snacks or a meal if you fancy. A very relaxing atmosphere and flexible and attentive staff. Will recommend to everybody.

Newbury, United Kingdom
“A wonderful evening from beginning to end!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

A few friends popped in for drinks and were so tempted by the variety on the menu, we decided to stay and eat too! Staff were really welcoming and helpful, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The food came in good time although I thought they were busy, no complaints at all! The are still lots of other meals I desire to try from their menu. There was even a disco which apparently isn't a weekly thing but we were grateful as it meant we could stay for the whole night without the need to go anywhere else.
A memorable night and would definitely go back again.

• Visited March 2013