We had a suite for one night. Very nice furnishings but why is there no TV in the lounge? The bedroom TV had no news channels and very poor reception. Surely a 4 star would have at least Freeview.There were no bathrobes and only one set of towels (another set was discovered in the wardrobe!) You could not reach the bath taps to run a bath (or shower) unless you got into the bath first because the glass shower screen is fixed. The table for 2 in the restaurant was so tiny it was the same size as the pillar we were stuck behind. For an expensive restaurant it has no atmosphere, no condiments on the table (or offered), the service is slow and lacking and the food not worth mentioning. The coffee machine in the lounge was handy, though I did not expect to have to serve myself coffee in a 4 star hotel. What we didn't expect was to be shouted at from the Bar to pay £3. Why not advertise there was a charge on the machine? We have stayed here three times and enjoyed a number of Literary Dinners and a Boxing Day lunch last year. We will not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, England