Lovely hotel, great staff and perfect location for walking and exploring. I stayed here for 3 nights over Christmas as part of an organized holiday. I had an executive double which overlooked the golf course. The room was lovely and quiet with a beautiful big bathroom and had a lift down to the spa which was great if you walked down in your swimsuit and robe.
The staff were particularly outstanding considering they were working over the holiday and had to cope with all of us up till 4am each morning and laughing very loud :-).
The walk into Newbury was lovely especially as the sun was out and it was a flat walk. A nice pub called The Castle half way.
All in all an nice hotel for a quiet relaxing get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by glorious hills and stunning parkland, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is a natural blend of charm and elegance with uncompromising quality and countryside views. Home to 111 bedrooms, Donnington Valley is a privately owned 4-star country hotel in the heart of Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa Newbury, England