Regency Park Hotel
The Lodge(Newbury)
Queens Hotel(Newbury)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewswatermark restaurantleisure facilitiessteam roomcoffee tablethrough secret escapesgood sizelovely poolhealth clubchanging roomsexecutive roombooked this hotelroom was largebuffet stylelovely hotelcourse dinnerweekend breakbar menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is an ideal hotel if you want to visit Highclere Castle [Downton Abbey]

We had a standard room inc half board for £100 and the executive rooms are £120 but have a balcony.

Nice room very clean and excellent meal that evening however Breakfast was the highlight.

Very good quality bacon and sausage and eggs cooked just as you want.[I hate eggs that have been sitting there for ages]

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David M
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for such a glowing review. Your comments are really appreciated especially with regard to our quality breakfast.
We hope to welcome you back soon
Best wishes

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my third time in this hotel and it doesn't disappoint, great location and amenities, excellent pool and leisure facilities, this time I stayed in an executive room and at £150.00 was well worth it, compared to overpriced average hotels along the road in Basingstoke, it's worth the morning commute.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank M4rkbr4dders

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the great review. We’re delighted that we are your favourite hotel and very much look forward to your 4th stay with us!
Best wishes

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Well presented hotel with fantastic service. The room was spacious and comfortable. The patio outside the room was lovely for soaking up the rays. The indoor pool was a good size as was the jacuzzi. The deals on offer are very good and our one included bed, breakfast and dinner. The breakfast could have done with a little more choice but was delicious. Overall a very pleasant stay. Staff were extrememly concerned with all issues and were accomodating to resolve immediately. All staff were welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: The dinner was not to my liking as my well done duck was still too pink. The chef is French and likes even well done meat to be pink, but not really to my taste. Also the meal was extremely bland but again probably personal preference. We ate elsewhere on the 2nd night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelchick066
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
I was delighted to read that your experience with us was such a positive one. The team and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here over the Easter holidays and I can't praise it enough! Our room was very clean when we arrived and we had a room with a balcony, the room was very spacious! We went for dinner in the hotel restaurant (The Watermark) and I had the duck, which was cooked to perfection. Our waitress (I think her name was Emma or Emily?) was so helpful! She was very polite and informative when we asked her about where to go the following day for a day out. Overall, our stay was very enjoyable and we will definitely return in the future! Thanks to all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and that you were impressed with our facilities. The Team and I get a great sense of satisfaction when we receive such a rating. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was rather disappointed with this hotel. We had a family room which was big with two televisions, a double bed, double sofa bed and single sofa bed.

On the day we arrived a dirty towel had been left in the bath, the shower curtain was orange as were the tiles around the bath. The only good thing about the bath was that it had a powerful water supply. The tap on the sink you needed to be careful with as you either got wet or nothing at all. The tap was so stiff to move and noisy. The towels weren't brilliant, they were clean but not thick. We only ate breakfast at the hotel which was ok.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HOPKINS29

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the trouble to post a review following your stay here. I am pleased to note that generally your stay with us was satisfactory. Your constructive feedback will be taken on board – I have looked at the points you have raised regarding the bathroom with the Head Housekeeper and the maintenance team have replaced the sink tap.
I do hope you will consider us again in the future when visiting Newbury.