“" A great place to stay with great food and facilities"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lord Lyon - CLOSED

Lord Lyon
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“" A great place to stay with great food and facilities"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked the Lord Lyon Inn at the last minute and was not sure what to expect. What I found was a great pub in a small village with easy acces from the main roads. The room was perfect maintained to a very high standard of cleanliness. A perfect nights sleep.

The staff were so friendly and helpfull it felt like you were staying with friends, not in a strange hotel miles from home. The menu was good and the food was perfectly cooked and presented. Breakfast was just as good as the meal the previous evening. The atmosphere here was very good.

Thanks to you all for a very pleasant stay and for providing brilliant value.

Well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I ate here early on a weekday evening and there wasn't really anyone there so this made for a rather dull ambience but this is not the pub's fault. I'm sure it would have been livelier later on.
As for the food, I had the beer battered cod, which came along with excellent chips and mushy peas as well as tartare sauce. It really was good and the portion size was huge for the money (the fish and chips cost £10.95). The service was friendly and efficient.

London
“Lovely place, good food and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent a very nice early evening meal on bank holiday Monday at The Lord Lyon. Coming back from Wales we wanted a decent meal close to the m4 so a quick online search led us to the lord lyon in the village of Stock Cross. Was a great meal, service was genuine and spot on. Our kids enjoyed their food, fresh and fast as well. Their salad dishes were all grown from the small veg garden next to the chicken coop and was delicious. The Welsh lamb curry was very good and all of this delivered by a great bar staff who were cheerful, helpful and nice. Very reasonable prices and a proper pub experience - highly recommended and super close m4 for those wanting a change from service station food. Will make sure we go back again soon!

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Good Bank Holiday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The menu at The Lord Lyon changes daily and has a good choice of meals including a variety of vegetarian meals and many different types of sandwiches. The staff were friendly and even though we ate outside as weather was lovely and had our dog with us we felt we were well looked after.

London, United Kingdom
“Really Good Local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I went for dinner on the Saturday of the August Bank Holiday weekend and were impressed by the quality experience. The Pub has an attractive exterior and welcoming aspect which was continued as we entered by a friendly greeting from a member of staff. We were seated in a corner which gave us a view of the dining room. There is a separate Vegetarian menu which you need to ask for, if you want it. There was a good choice of wines staring at around £15 ( $10 ), I ordered a Pinot Grigio which I tasted and was not quite cold enough for me and our waitress immediately said she would get another from the cellar, which was just right.
I had mixed vegetables coated with Brie on an aubergine ( eggplant ) base with new potatoes and salad which was beautifully cooked and showed the chef's skill in blending flavours. My wife finished of with strawberry Eton mess which she totally approved of and I had apple crumble with ice cream. Well worth a visit if you are staying near Newbury or live within reach.