Pilgrims Guest House(Newbury)(Great Value!)
$64
$229
$82
Hare and Hounds Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
$69
$75
$218
Bacon Arms(Newbury)
$80
$36
Travelodge
    Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $44/night.

Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
    All reviewssummer housegolf courselake viewmain buildingunderfloor heatingclay pigeon shootingwet roomafternoon teaset in beautiful groundsno liftthird floorold housetop floorbeautiful roomgolf breakhighclere castlebridal suite
    Reviewed September 24, 2017

Great room and facilities - washing machine in room was a bonus! Property was on a golf course, and accomodation was very private. Perfect location for visiting Highclere Castle but a bit hard to find.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    Nigel G, General Manager at Donnington Grove, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Q1230UZjohnp,

Thank you choosing to stay at Donnington Grove Country Club, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit.

It would appear you stayed in one of the lodges in the walled garden, (our fellow readers can find all accommodation on the virtual reality tour on our website), they offer peace and tranquillity, tucked away. We also have a wide range of accommodation on the estate and in the manor house - it sounds like you have found your favourite?

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - thank you once again for the great comments.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Visited this evening as part of a business network group. Lovely room down by the bar. Very practical for the talks we enjoyed and the people we met. The staff were attentive and ensured we had what was needed and then let us get on with things. A beautiful building, full of charm and character.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want - the rooms are generally big and airy.
    • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear Sue H,

Thank you for the great feedback, I was delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit along the characteristics and charm of our hotel.

I value feedback greatly as a measure of the hotel's performance and your comments will be shared with the team as I know they are very encouraged by positive reviews.

Thank you once again for taking the time to forward your contributions.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Hotel fine for seminars & golf coarse users but not for couples on their own - I like to use hotel facilities I.e restaurants /bars but was not encouraged to by the staff - no information given therefore we had to go away from the hotel to have a meal which meant that one of us could not drink because of the driving & that is why we like to use the facilities on site !!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank A1085KJannew

Dear A1085KJannew,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Donnington Grove Country Club, I was very sorry to read that you did not use the bar and restaurant during your recent visit.

As a standard procedure reception would normally offer to assist with dinner reservations, explain where the restaurant and bar is located in the main house or in fact discuss if they can assist with dinner reservations for alternative destinations. This would also include dinner and breakfast start and end times. Our chefs cook from fresh produce and we change our menus seasonally to offer a wide variety of dishes, from light bite bar menus and full a la carte. It would very unusual for all of this information not to be included, but if we made a mistake may I sincerely apologise for any disappointment.

Upon the next occasion you are visiting the area please contact me directly and I will personally assist with your reservation and any special requests you may have so that your stay is memorable - for the right reasons.

In closing may I once again thank you for the feedback and I do trust we may welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

I found this online and booked becasue of th price offered. My room was spacious and I love having a full bath not just shower. I enjoyed the rural feel gained by the setting and the view from my window of the river and ducks / swans and geese. It's quite traditional and some m ight say dated but I liked it better than a small "boutique" style of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
    Reviewed September 13, 2017

very convenient location close to fast roads in all directions, but very quiet -splendid view on the golf course, very British! Beautiful setting and very nice road to the hotel with the pond and the bridge. Love to come back

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends