A nice hotel in a pretty spectacular setting in the middle of Newbury. Golf course looks nice although i didn't play. I was in a small summer house (Lakeview) which consists of 4 small terraced houses away from the main hotel. They have their own garden furniture and are very clean and a bit different from the norm. They are however very warm inside and the walls are paper thin. Thanks to the guy in room 8 for keeping me awake all night with your snoring!
Golf society was in the restaurant so hd to dine in the bar. Kind of to be expected for somwehere such as this and no hardship. Food and service was good though there isn't a huge menu selection.
On the whole, a nice place to stay and very different to the usual Holiday Inns and Hiltons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18Th Century manor House set in 500 acres of Berkshire's finest countryside. Offering rooms in the Manor House, Sunmer House and lodges. 18 Hole championship golf course, Clay shooting and Fly fishing by appointment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Donnington Grove Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Grove And Country Club Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Grove Hotel And Country Club Newbury, England