All reviewshuge bednewbury racecourseminute walk into towncurtain tierace coursedesk spacesmall shower roomstayed here for nightscooked breakfastboth morningsnice toiletriesthe hotel car parksat navlovely hotela great nights sleeplady on receptiongreat shower
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights as we had a wedding near Newbury. Nice clean rooms with a firm but comfy bed. Breakfast was very nice with everything you'd want + a good quality cooked breakfast. Staff were very friendly, nothing was too.much trouble. Would recommend!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear Hamish

Thank you for your kind words, it is nice to know you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a night in this year old hotel on Newbury race course. No races going on at the time. The room was clean and bed comfortable although rather large making the room feel small. Decorative antlers rather dangerously placed on the mirror made it rather a hazard for nightly visits to the loo. Small but clean bathroom with shower that did not empty very quickly. The fan did not seem to work. When we arrived could not get cold water from the tap in the bathroom to make a cup of tea. The staff provided us with a jug of cold water with ice. Cold water from the tap was fine in the morning. A light by the bed was faulty. The wifi was very good in the room and free. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast excellent although I could not find the timer for the self toaster which produced overdone toast. About a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre. The cost was a reasonable £75 for the night plus breakfast with free car park.
However, It is unlikely that we would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for your comments. We will share these with the team to address the issues you have raised. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast, despite the overdone toast.

We would love you to stay with us again, should you change your mind.

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a quick overnight at this purpose built lodge in the grounds of the racecourse. Rooms are bijou with huge king size plus beds. The beds are undoubtedly comfortable however, I would personally have preferred a smaller edition to have room to move around, store a suitcase etc. Definitely only a single night, not a long stay size of space.

Nice racing related touches to the curtain tie backs, hospitality tray and a crop shaped coat hook. Neat shower room. However, no aircon on what was a hot night.

Breakfast was good, served to order hot items and a buffet juice and cereal selection. Decor in the public areas luxurious which sat oddly with the long tables and benches or metal chairs in the dining space.

All in all I would return, but only for an overnighter in cooler weather.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissusA55
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Thank you for your comments we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

The Lodge at Newbury Racecourse team

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights after days out at RHS Gardens Wisley and Highclere Castle. It was quite as there were no races. Staff, helpful and polite and hotel clean. The room was adequate for our purpose with a huge bed and good quality bedding. Compact and providing the basics for a comfortable stay. Limited food in the evening, but the pizzas are very good. We requested a fan for the room as the previous night had been very hot. This was in the room when we returned for the second night. Very good cooked breakfast

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking car park are by the railway with some noise
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Firstly, I did have a problem in finding the hotel - my satnav was telling me 'you have arrived', when quite clearly I hadn't. There is a lot of new building occurring in the vicinity, so hopefully when all is complete, the signage etc will be better! However, I rang the hotel, and they were super helpful and patient in giving me directions. This is a small and very modern hotel, but plans are underway for a new restaurant. There is plenty of car parking on site. The room I had was quite small, but perfectly adequate for my one night stay, with quirky, equestrian style elements in the decor and fitments. The bed was huge and superbly comfortable. The room was equipped with a very large 'smart' TV - obviously way too smart for my brain - the remote was missing, and I couldn't work out how to use it without. Maybe I still wouldn't have been able to........ I am sure that a quick call to reception would have resolved the absence of the remote, but it was late by the time I got back, and it wasn't important to me. My room rate included breakfast, and it was, by far, the very best hotel breakfast I have ever had. The room is delightful, with huge windows and glazed doors all round, and an outside terrace for al fresco dining in good weather. The bar is also located within this area. Hot food is cooked to order, and brought to your table. Absolutely delicious! I had the vegetarian 'full english' opting for my eggs scrambled, and it was perfectly cooked, unlike the usual rubbery stuff on a typical hotel buffet. There was also a servery with cereals, pastries, juices, a toaster and hot drinks machine. I believe it's possible to walk into town quite easily from the hotel, and, of course, due to the location, perfect for a day at the races!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo

Susanna

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, particularly your feedback on the breakfast.