“value for money”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Yorkshire
“value for money”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Both my partner and I love Thai food so when we passed Manor Thai Restaurant we thought we would give it a go. First let me say it was not the best Thai food I have had but it was not the worst either. The lady who owned the restaurant and served us was lovely and could not do enough for us, she said she likes to give customers value for money which she did And yes it could do with revamping she did also say she would have to spend lots of money on refurbishing which she does not have .If we are in Scarborough we would probably go again

Pontefract, United Kingdom
“a happy find”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

we found this restaurant after going to a couple of others who couldnt fit us in for a couple of hours, our fault as we hadn't booked any where, any way, this place could fit us in near the bar, and were apologetic about the table, we were only too happy to be able to get a meal,
every thing was great, the starters were tasty and well presented, the mains were even better, and we couldnt finish as the portions were more than adequate, the staff were attentive and friendly. yes the decor isn't the latest statement in urban chic, but friendly, tasty value for money it certainly is. We will certainly go back.

1 Thank ianandmel
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Possibly the best meal out we've ever had!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I have eaten out hundreds of times, we've also been to Thailand on holiday and have had dinner in Bangkok in the restaurant where they filmed The Hangover part 2, which was £75.00 per head without drinks etc (which is incredibly expensive for Thailand) and this was better.

I had the Thai fishcakes to start, my wife the chicken satay and they were both lovely however when it came to mains we had a duck dish and a chicken dish plus king prawn Pad Thai, the best duck we've ever tasted, stunning and the chicken was just as good, the Pad Thai was just as we remembered, the prawns were also beautiful.

We finished with Thai fruits for desert, which was mainly lychees, which we both love and my wife had a Tia Maria coffee, altogether we paid less than £45.00 which included four Chang beers.

Yes the young Thai waiter didn't speak great English but I'd much rather have that than somebody with a broad local accent, also an older Thai lady who was one of the chef's came over to say hello as it was her night off and her English was as good as the food.

We're already planning another trip to Scarborough later this year, one of the reasons being so that we can go back for another culinary delight.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Nothing positive to say”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This is one of only two Thai restaurants in town. Sits around 30, looks scruffy from the outside. Smells of Scampi and grease and sticky floors thoughout with a chintzy 80s decor. I was there with a mate who promised the food was okay.
I judge any Thai by its Tom Yum Gai. This hot spicy chicken soup should be served in a traditional dish that keeps it hot at the table. This came in two chunky bowls. We were asked how hot we would like it and said very. This was not hot at all. The chicken Penang main was equally poor. Bland slices of chicken in veg. No heat at all and no sauce. The server came and asked how our meal was but turned and left as I was explaining why i didn't like it. Two bottles of Singha each the bill came to 40 quid. Bad food in a sticky restaurant served by indifferent staff. Will not be back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“a good place to eat”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A high 4, for me. Certainly a 5 on value. Don't know how everything I ate (tcarter, main, a beer, desert and a tia maria coffee) came to under £20. Pretty good. Service was OK with a Thai guy whose English wasn't the best but he was certainly able to understand. The owner however (also Thai) was very fluent and chatty. Food great. I know Thai cuisine well and was thoroughly satisfied. Guess the negatives reviews on this place were in on a bad night.

• Visited May 2013