“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We visited the Hungry Horse last week, during a stay locally, and were very disappointed. We had to wait ages for our food and when it arrived it was, at best, mediocre. We had ordered a sharing platter as a starter, with mains to follow. One of the mains was brought at the same time as the platter and returned to the kitchen when the staff realised their mistake. When it came out a second time, it had obviously been microwaved, and just brought out again.
We did not stay for a sweet!!
The staff were friendly, but seemed very overworked, we had little attention from them. The place itself was tired, desperately needs an upgrade. We shall not be back.

There are newer reviews for Hungry Horse

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stay in Filey every year and always use this pub at least once, the food is lovely and always fresh and tasty, the prices are good and the staff are very friendly and attentive, however, please do something with the place, it's in dire need of redecorating and a good clean, and open a window for some fresh air ! As a reviewer said earlier it's in need of a bit of love, its letting the place down. Saying this we will return.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ordered the large steak sizzler. Not badly priced at £13.99. This restuarant has a large extensive menu and there's a lot to choose from. Very quick service no complaints. Will return again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have had a few meals here as we holiday in the area, most of the meals have been ok, the staff are attentive and friendly, however, the last meal we had there was not cooked, I haven't ever had a cold partly cooked pizza before and wouldn't hurry to repeat the experience again. My partner had burritos and to be honest for the price it was very very disappointing, small portion and again not fully warmed up.

The restaurant could do with updating the décor, but it is a very family friendly so if you want a quiet relaxed dining experience its probably not for you

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went here yesterday with my partner as we were after a Sunday lunch and couldn't get in where we first tried. I suggested Hungry Horse as it was closest and the last time I had been it had been enjoyable. It's safe to say I won't be going back. We went for the carvery which wasn't quite ready at the time, we thought this was a good sign meaning it would all be fresh and lovely. How wrong could we be, the meat was tough as were the Yorkshire puddings (if you can call them that), the vegetables (carrots, peas and sweetcorn) looked like they had been sat in water for hours and speaking of water that is exactly how the gravy came out! I had also ordered a side portion of mash potatoes which was just smash in a bowl. The only things enjoyable (just) were the roast potatoes and stuffing. That's £20 I won't be getting back and I won't be recommending it to anyone.