“Delicious family meal”
Review of Cafe Fish

Cafe Fish
Ranked #9 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is our third visit to this restaurant, we always make it one of the highlights of our stay in Scarborough. We didn't book this time but as we were early we got a great table for the four of us by the bay window. The food was cooked beautifully as on our previous visits, waitress was lovely and extremely attractive, couldn't have been more attentive. Excellent place that I wish was nearer to home and I can't praise enough.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and we were delighted they did. 6 of us arrived and we were seated in the small bar area, served drinks and our orders taken. We were quickly shown to our table and the food arrived in good time. A variety of starters were chosen including mussels, Thai fishcakes with Haddock Kiev, Crab Melts, Chowder. All were enjoyed. I had the fishcakes and haddock kiev which I would definitely choose again. Fantastic. 4 of us had Posh Fish n Chips (gorgeous) and 2 Scampi. One fish was decidedly smaller than the others and the waitress had no hesitation in providing an extra fish. No room for pudding. We recommended this restaurant to some friends who were looking for somewhere to eat on Sunday night. I do hope they managed to get in because I know they'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Friendly welcome by the owner, William, and then into a lovely bright eating area. I had Monkfish with Scallops on stir-fried vegetables with a green salad, Just a wonderful experience on a sunny Sunday evening. Two of us, two courses with wine came to about £70.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I am a visitor from Nottinghamshire and have taken breaks in Scarborough for the past 8 years and have only just found Cafe Fish after my best friend had a meal there about 6 weeks ago. What a find!
I'm not very adventurous with fish dishes but went along with my friend's choice and William added a mackerel pate as a starter, with scallops on the main course, with fresh vegetables.

I've watched Master Chef for many years and never really appreciated the description of flavours exploding on the palette but now I do!
The meal was well balanced and cooked to perfection - thank you to the chef! Cafe Fish is now on my list for each visit to Scarborough.
My friend said on her first visit someone had travelled by train from Manchester to have a meal there!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a visit planned on the reviews from this very site. Save to say it was well worth the visit; indeed, we promptly made a booking for the following evening.
Both visits were excellent in terms of food and the geniality of the owner and the staff. Yes, the owner is a bit of a character but at least he communicates with you. My wife was very impressed with the lobster she had one night, even if it was a bit "beaten up..." The taste was excellent. I enjoyed the use of chorizo with the meals and the clever use of samphire. It actually added something to the dishes as opposed to just being an adornment.
We will be back in Scarborough again this September for another weekend break and this establishment will be getting another visit - highly recommended...