“Chowder to die for!”
Review of Cafe Fish

Cafe Fish
Ranked #9 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“Chowder to die for!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our first visit to Scarborough and although scenery wonderful, our choices for dining were limited to say the least! We happened across Cafe Fish on our way to and from the station and as we always try to look out fish restaurants, gave it a try. As with a previous review, we hadn't booked and although they were full, we got our table within 20 minutes which we whiled away drooling over the menu with our drinks which were served very quickly. What a wonderful restaurant! I agree with the previous reveiws; great service, helpful, polite staff and the food could not have been bettered. The chowder (one of my favourite fish dishes) was amazing - full of flavour and absolutely packed with fish, mussels and veg. The option is for a cup of chowder or a large dish - so glad it was only the cup I chose as I wouldn't have had room for the main course of hallibut on potato and herb rosti topped with caremalised belly of pork!! Yes, it tasted as good as it sounds. My husband is very discerning with his food and he is a sea fisherman as well, so we regularly eat very fresh fish and his fish pie was also excellent. I don't usually give reviews, but I have to say I felt I had to for Cafe Fish!

1 Thank AnnStorr

• Chinese (Traditional) first
scarborough
“Another amazing meal”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

So it was my birthday and went to cafe fish again as it is an old favourite of mine. Once again had an amazing meal, was so glad we went. I always trust in William's judgement and talks me through the specials. So went with that and it was so delicious. Definately will be back AGAIN!

London, United Kingdom
“Unexpected delight”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a fantastic restaurant. The owner was immensely helpful in recommending dishes, particularly for people who don't ordinarily eat fish. It was decent value for money and real attention to detail in the food and presentation.

York, United Kingdom
“Absolutely First Class”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Visited on Saturday evening with my wife for a meal. Despite not having pre-booked, the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. They promised us a table within twenty minutes and sure enough we were sat down within twenty minutes as promised. The waitress was very attentive and despite the fact that the restaurant was packed, came and took our drinks order in good time .We chose a bottle of rose' which was very reasonably priced and was probably the nicest bottle of rose' I've ever had! The waitress returned swiftly to collect our food order. I opted for the 6 oysters as my starter and my wife chose the seafood chowder plater. Whilst we waited for the starters to arrive we were served some delicious bread (wish I'd had more of it!) The starters were both superb in both presentation and in taste. Oysters are easy to get wrong but these were first rate and delicious.The wife loved her starter which I sneaked a taste of too. Lovely. When our main courses arrived we were once again delighted. I had chosen the whole lobster served thermidor style and my wife opted for a steak. Both dishes were quite honestly - amazing. Beautifully presented and tasted superb.
In short, I really cannot speak highly enough of our whole experience at Cafe Fish. I love seafood and have eaten it all over the world - and I can genuinely say that our meal here on Saturday was the one of the best I have ever eaten. It was also very well priced too. The staff are a credit to the restaurant as well which adds to the whole experience. To summarize I would say: Pay Cafe Fish a visit - because you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Buccaneer544
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Great evening”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Took my mum for a Monday night mothers day treat to Cafe Fish. From start to finish the service was excellent. William the owner made us all feel like we had known him for years.
How refreshing to find a good seafood restaurant that sells a great choice of local fish, scollops, oysters and wine.

• Visited March 2014