“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Fish

Cafe Fish
Ranked #10 of 352 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great meal”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife ate here last night and thought the food was fantastic.We had the chowder and fish cake for starters,and then the owner recommended a plaice dish wich was very tasty well cooked and well presented. We found the owner who is the meet and greet person to be very friendly and chatty, he is a real character. We didn't take him to seriously and joined in with his jokes but can see how some people might find him a little in your face. We would definitely go again as we are from Scarborough take the owner with a pinch of salt :-) we enjoyed his banter !

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
merseyside
“Loved it”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Booked this restaurant for my wife's birthday during our weekend trip. The staff where very attentive and took us to the bar. Myself and wife love sea food and have been to some great sea food restaurants here in the uk. Once at our table our food came and we found it great. Lovely flavours and all complemented each other great. They gave my wife a complemtary oyster with vodka to try. Nice touch I thought. Nothing appeared to much trouble for the staff. After our meal we returned to the bar area to finish our wine. Where we met William the owner and the manageress. They appeared very genuine and interested as to the quality of the food and the service given. We found everything great and loved it. Would definitely go again when in this area.

• Visited September 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Nowhere quite like it to eat seafood”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

On a weekend break to Scarborough we were looking for somewhere interesting to eat on a quiet Sunday night when a lot of restaurants are closed or winding down ,we stumbled upon cafe fish..
On entering you are sat down in the bar area and offered a drink
The owner/manager of the restaurant Bill is a very jolly chap and he,s only to willing to sit and talk about his amazing seafood menu .
Fact I asked for mussels as a starter,in which bill replied ..there not very good tonite to small,try my scotch eggs with mackerel filling which was new to the menu and very tasty ..in fact all the food was beautifully prepared and was amazing..forget yer rick steins and go to bills sea food cafe..you won't be disappointed

• Visited September 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Plaice!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very enjoyable evening at the fish cafe Scarborough, perfect for a romantic meal. I can highly recommend the Chowder, which was one of the most enjoyable starters I have ever had. The owner was on hand to entertain all evening with interesting stories and jokes. I don't usually find that something I enjoy however he made the evening for us.

Will definitly visit again if in Scarbourgh.

• Visited July 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food in a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Suffering a holiday camp, I wanted somewhere a bit quiet with good food. We showed up as a family and were warmly welcomed by the staff, seated in the bar area while we browsed the menu then told what was on, off or otherwise special. My wife's coeliac requirements were no problem, and the chef popped out to give his personal recommendations.

Our food came quickly, and was delicious. The dining room was comfortable and airy, with a bit of music at sensible volume. It also seemed excellent value for the quality of food, pub prices for restaurant style. As for the choice of dishes, I could have thrown a dart a the menu and been delighted- there wasn't a single option that sounded less than wonderful.

There are non-seafood options should you have someone who doesn't like fish in your party.

• Visited August 2013