“Another excellent meal”
Review of Cafe Fish

Cafe Fish
Ranked #10 of 357 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Another excellent meal”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our second visit and it was as good as our first even though this was a busy Saturday night and we had previously visited mid-week when it was a lot quieter. There were four of us and for starters we had lobster basket, scallops with black pudding and two goats cheese with black pudding and salad, all delicious. For main three of us had lobster, one just lobster one with prawns and one with scallops, again all were tasty and well cooked and presented. The hake with a crab topping and smoked haddock sauce was also well received. We did manage puddings, cherries jubilee, triple choc nut sundae, lemon curd sorbet and a liqueur coffee, all good but the fish and seafood were the stars. Staff were great and William was on top form. Already looking forward to going back.

1 Thank JWMW101
Dear Sir/Madam ,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your last visit at Cafe Fish . We appreciate all our customers feedback and I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your dining experience with us for the second time . We will be looking forward to see you again .

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Portion size reduced!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Quality of food still excellent and certainly value for money, though ALL my party commented the portion sizes were smaller than the last time we visited (off- season!).
Earlier comments form Trip Advisor contributors hit the nail on the head regarding the "Marmite" feelings we had for the owner (who seemed to handle a complaint on the next table very badly).

Visited July 2013
Dear Sir/Madam ,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your last visit at Cafe Fish . We appreciate all our customers feedback and I am pleased that you have enjoyed your dining experience with us .As to the portion size , our portion are always complimented by our customers and described as 'generous' . In fact , we have a lot customers who also say that the portions of our meals are too big. It will of course depend on type of dish you have ordered , so I am very sorry you have found our portion small but i can assure you , our portions control have not changed in a very long time .
'Marmite ' feeling about the owner is something i can't really comment on. William is very passionate about his restaurants and he is trying very hard to make sure all his customers have the best meals at our restaurant. I admit he has got his own ways of talking and dealing with customers which some people will agree with and others won't. But i do know he cares a lot about his business and all his customers.
I hope , you will visit us again for some more fresh fish dining experience .

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Very good mid week deal”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ate at 5.30pm ahead of a trip to the fabulous Joseph Theatre ( go if you have never experienced the intimate atmosphere, front or second rows best). Cafe Fish knew about our theatre booking and were well prepared to keep us to our schedule.
I like eating places where you can talk to the proprietor or chef about whats available fresh from the quay side. So it wasnt an issue that some items were not available, especially on a quiet Monday evening. The starter and main course deal at £20 for Mon-Thursday is relatively good value.
I had the thai fishcakes along with a new recipe of "haddock kiev". My suggestion is go for the latter and not the cakes. The turbot/scallops was pleasant. Probably could be more on the plate.
The only down side is the very worn carpet/ flooring which are in urgent need of a change....a light wood flooring would look a lot better and much more serviceable.

Dear Sir/Madam ,

Thank you , for taking time to write a review about your last visit at Cafe Fish . I am glad you have enjoyed your meal.
We are aware of the carpet being in urgent need of replacing , however we are in the process of extending our restaurant , so the carpet is going to be changed once the extension is ready , which we are hoping to be ready in next few weeks .
I hope you will visit us again for some more fresh fish dining experience.
With regards ,
Kendal UK
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We found this restaurant last year when we were just leaving Scarborough - the menu looked very tempting so this year we went on our first night and we were not disappointed! The ambience and staff are excellent but the food was outstanding! We enjoyed it so much we went again the following night and everything was just as good if not better! William is very hospitable, has a tale to tell and his relaxed manner contributes to the smooth running of the restaurant. Shall certainly be visiting again if we are in the area.

Visited July 2013
Dear Sir /Madam .
Thank you , for taking your time to write a review about your last visit at Cafe Fish .
I am very pleased , that you have enjoyed your dining experience with us and we will be looking forward to see you again for some more fresh fish experience .

Basildon, United Kingdom
“A return trip...says it all”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Another visit to this fish experience
Mine host was his usual personality. A great experience sharing our passions and chatting with him, he clearly loves his work, but his long suffering manager has to keep him in check sometimes as he miht try to do things faster than is possible .
The Chowder was again magnificent and words are inadequate to explain it!
I had a fish pie minus th cheese as my main and the pie was stuffed full of all sorts of fish and shellfish again far exceeding the expectations.
If you want a cheap fish and chipmeal go to a chippy, if you want quality at reasonable prices with the owners own brand of "floorshow" I strongly recommend this establishment.

Dear Sir/Madam ,

Thank You , for taking your time to write a review about your return visit at Cafe Fish . We appreciate all our customers feedback. As you have already noticed William has a lot passion and he believes in his business and knows what he is doing . I do have to keep him in check as he does try to do too much sometimes and because of his age now , I do need to keep my eye on him ....
Chowder is one of our most popular dish and i would recommend it to anyone . I am grateful , for all your superb comments . Thanks again and hope, I will see you again soon for some more fresh fish experience !